• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably yours.

No offense, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I was hyped the whole way through.
I’m willing to except that. I can’t help it that I would be more excited if the main hero had a red cape and an S on his chest. It’s just what I like. And this movie is the first time that preference had affected my enjoyment of a Marvel movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey guys I thought we had to wait half a year until not showing spoilers to movies. Did you guys not tell me that about Lego Movie 2? I is confused? :glare:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
He said at the end that he tried to bring back Natasha but couldn’t. He actually said that.
I'm aware, but that was a combination of what I said and the whole Soul Stone business. The sole goal of Hulk's snap was bringing back people Thanos snapped, nothing else.

Either way, the fact still remains that people who died before the snap weren't brought back. Otherwise, we would've seen Quicksilver zipping around in the final fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
First it's Ludo, then Toffee, then "Miss Heinous", then Mina...those were the Forces of Evil from the getgo, but now pretty much every force that we originally thought was supposed to be good turned out to be a bunch of pricks.

Shame, too, I was really hoping the MHC would redeem themselves...how likely is that to happen at this point?
Hekapoo might get a little redemption because she's the most sane and the hottest one

No idea about the other two

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I’m willing to except that. I can’t help it that I would be more excited if the main hero had a red cape and an S on his chest. It’s just what I like. And this movie is the first time that preference had affected my enjoyment of a Marvel movie.
Honestly I would agree because I like DC more generally, but pretty much every DCCU movie has been butthole. So it kinda deflates my hype

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Its a loooonnnngggg stretch but I hope giant monsters becomes the next big thing after superheroes even though I know the latter won't be going away for a long time.
Give Godzilla universal feats already.

He survived a meteorite in one of the movies. It's not a big stretch :yoshi:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hekapoo might get a little redemption because she's the most sane and the hottest one

Rhombulous is basically Mina at this point; he just thinks monsters are completely irredeemable, and nothing will change his mind on that point. Omnitraxus is more of a grey area, but I don't have high hopes for him either.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Either way, the fact still remains that people who died before the snap weren't brought back. Otherwise, we would've seen Quicksilver zipping around in the final fight.
I wonder how much more damage Hulk would’ve suffered if he tried that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm aware, but that was a combination of what I said and the whole Soul Stone business. The sole goal of Hulk's snap was bringing back people Thanos snapped, nothing else.

I’m a little disappointed about that too honestly. Also, the characters from the TV shows should have been there. I don’t care if they had no setup. It would have been cool as hell to see Ghost Rider, The Inhumans, The Defenders, and The Punisher there helping out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh wait, we can discuss Endgame now!

JIMMY NEUTRON CALLS THANOS THE N WORD
Which forces Hugh Neutron to sacrifice his soul to save the multiverse.

I thought Omni was the most sane after Cornonation but even then he turned out to be in on it all, too.

Hekapoo I can easily see getting redemption. At least she might not get shafted.

Rhombulus, though...after forming a genuine friendship with Star over some similar flaws in S2, I was really hoping he'd redeem himself.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular opinion: I found Aquaman to be boring, generic and bland. Pretty much Black Panther's plot especially ancient hidden civilization and protagonists fighting a relative for the throne nothing more.

Otherwise though Wonder Woman and Shazam are relatively good although the latter makes the former look mediocre in comparison.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Eh.

I could scroll past spoilers, but honestly I could use a good round with my couch, a drink, and some melancholy music.

Good excuse to nope out.
avi_nope.gif

Godspeed for now y'all.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m a little disappointed about that too honestly. Also, the characters from the TV shows should have been there. I don’t care if they had no setup. It would have been cool as hell to see Ghost Rider, The Inhumans, The Defenders, and The Punisher there helping out.
I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed they didn't bring Quicksilver back too. Like, I get it, he's dead, his death is a big part of Wanda's backstory, but like, imagine if someone like Hawkeye or Cap was about to get their **** rocked by a bunch of Thanos goons, then suddenly a blur zips by them and knocks all the goons flat on their ass. Then, the camera pans up, and we hear that classic catchphrase:

"You didn't see that coming?"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah. Keep the open spoilers to the specific thread for now, please, or put them in spoiler tags if you wanna talk about the film here. Seems a few of the regulars here who are planning to still haven't seen it yet, so I'd like to try and accommodate as many people as possible on this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine thinking the Russos have any authority over smash boards dot com.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah. Keep the open spoilers to the specific thread for now, please, or put them in spoiler tags if you wanna talk about the film here. Seems a few of the regulars here who are planning to still haven't seen it yet, so I'd like to try and accommodate as many people as possible on this.
Honestly, I thought all the regulars here had already seen it.

That's my bad.

Noipoi

Howdy!
****, now I can't openly discuss how Hank Hill finally mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan right before Thanos snapped again...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How did you not like Aquaman? That was one of the best times I have ever had at a Superhero Movie.
I can see why. It was just Black Panther but set in the ocean with an oceanic theme to it. You know ancient hidden civilizations that keep themselves to the world and protagonists fighting a relative for the throne granted Aquaman's was bigger on a grand scale when it came to fighting scenes.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
****, now I can't openly discuss how Hank Hill finally mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan right before Thanos snapped again...
Silly Noipoi.

When someone who's actually a god uses SSGSS, it's Super Saiyan Rose. That's obviously the form Hank achieved. The godly ki running through him gave him ultimate power.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know. I just feel like I should have loved this movie and I just don’t. I actually feel kind of bad about it.

At least now that DC is going strong I have a better chance at getting my own equivalent to Endgame that I can be properly excited for.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don’t know. I just feel like I should have loved this movie and I just don’t. I actually feel kind of bad about it.

At least now that DC is going strong I have a better chance at getting my own equivalent to Endgame that I can be properly excited for.
I mean, any time the DCEU has done crossover stuff, the results have been terrible. The solo stuff is what's keeping it afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom