• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, what the hell happened to him?

I was hoping he'd show up again since there seemed to be a little bit of foreshadowing of it in the 1st season.

"You think you've won...? HA! You don't make the plans. I do. Me! Only I know how this all turns out!"

I knew it wasn't rambling. He didn't sound delusional, he sounded confident. He and only he really did know what was going to happen.

At the same time, though, I'm kinda hoping that Star proves him wrong, but only to an extent. Magic has caused many serious conflicts in the show, there's no questioning that, but surely there must be some other way than destroying it all...
You know what else I realized? Glossaryck said that if she destroys the magic, he'll cease to exist. But Glossaryck created the Magic High Commission, so does that mean they'll cease to exist too? I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think they were on Star's tapestry either.

Maybe that'd even be why Marco would be stuck on Earth forever: No Hekapoo means no portals.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright dudes, (no dudettes, because everyone is a “dude” to me) i’m heading off for the night. Thanks for entertaining me and my highly debatable points. I appreciate you all.

I mean that too. I have to admit, I made a quite weak argument. I have to say that I thought for sure it was going to turn into a ****show just because of how Smash speculation can be when it comes to disagreements over character chances.

This time, though, it didn’t really. I made a bad point, a good handful of you guys pointed that out, we came to somewhat of an agreement and we moved onto the next subject.

While my reputation on here isn’t, like, the most dire/most important thing in my life, I do hope I haven’t sullied that for anybody today. I greatly appreciate that some of you challenge what I post, mainly because it makes me think about things in new ways. Even as a teacher, I have students who provide new points of view. It’s a great experience. I do value the fact that a good portion of you have a certain respect for me as a person, not just my posts, but me as a person. As I said, I hope I didn’t make anyone question that.

I don’t know everything. But when I don’t, you guys are good to keep me in check or provide another potential option to think about. As I said before, I may not agree on every little thing, but that doesn’t mean we all have to.

Have a good evening my dudes. I’ll be checking out the thread tomorrow!

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seriously, I cannot recommend Star vs. the Forces of Evil enough. Toffee is just one of the elements that make it so great.

It's a darn good show and became Disney's next flagship show for good reason.

For animation and Disney fans who haven't checked it out already, please do yourselves a favor and check it out ASAP!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What does this remind me of?

Oh look, a Brachio-Yoshi. Haven't seen one of those rare Yoshis before.
Careful looking it up. There's some...... *ahem* disturbing art :yoshi:
Of a Pikachu llama? Yeah, I saw.
Not what I was talking about...
What were you talking about, then?
Look at the message of yours I quoted and you'll see... :yoshi:
Nope. I didn't see anything.
Just so you know, I hate spelling things out for people when it's readily available...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know what else I realized? Glossaryck said that if she destroys the magic, he'll cease to exist. But Glossaryck created the Magic High Commission, so does that mean they'll cease to exist too? I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think they were on Star's tapestry either.

Maybe that'd even be why Marco would be stuck on Earth forever: No Hekapoo means no portals.
That could be the cause, too, which would make a lot of sense. But it'd be a massive shame if it really is all true. That separation would string hard, and along with that, Hekapoo's a good friend to Marco...even if she's grown completely neutral to Mewni's fate, while the other two MHC members either celebrate it or truly don't realize just how much harm they're causing.

Also, what about all of Star's poor spells? She said she hates magic now, but why always seemed to care about the various critters she created and cast to aid her in combat and her daily life. What will happen to poor ole' Spider with a Top Hat?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why so, SnakeFighter?
It’s just. Most of the stuff I thought before the movie I still think. I didn’t want to see the ruined world. And I still maintain that just bringing everyone back won’t fix everything because of all the people who originally survived so either moved on a la Castaway, or were 50 shades of ****ed up by the tragedy like Hawkeye. You can’t just in **** up someone’s mind. I speak from experience. Plus, I don’t feel like there were a lot of hype moments. Like, when I watched the final battle scenes in Aquaman and Shazam, I was silently screaming the whole time I was so excited. And it’s not just because I’m not as big a Marvel fan because I felt that way for most of the first Avengers movie and Thor: Ragnorok. The only time I felt like that was when all the Avengers assembled. Nothing else got me excited. Plus the time travel logic just falls apart if you think about it at all. Maybe if I watched Prof. Hulk’s technobabble scenes a couple dozen times I’d understand it better but I just can’t. Also, why didn’t Hulk bring back Vision? I know he tried with Widow and presumably Gamora and couldn’t because of the Soul Stone. But what was stopping him from bringing back Vision? What, does this mean WandaVision is a prequel too? I don’t know. I think this is the first time where the fundamental differences between Marvel and DC are actually preventing me from liking a Marvel movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It’s just. Most of the stuff I thought before the movie I still think. I didn’t want to see the ruined world. And I still maintain that just bringing everyone back won’t fix everything because of all the people who originally survived so either moved on a la Castaway, or were 50 shades of ****ed up by the tragedy like Hawkeye. You can’t just in **** up someone’s mind. I speak from experience. Plus, I don’t feel like there were a lot of hype moments. Like, when I watched the final battle scenes in Aquaman and Shazam, I was silently screaming the whole time I was so excited. And it’s not just because I’m not as big a Marvel fan because I felt that way for most of the first Avengers movie and Thor: Ragnorok. Plus the time travel logic just falls apart if you think about it at all. Maybe if I watched Prof. Hulk’s technobabble scenes a couple dozen times I’d understand it better but I just can’t. Also, why didn’t Hulk bring back Vision? I know he tried with Widow and presumably Gamora and couldn’t because of the Soul Stone. But what was stopping him from bringing back Vision? What, does this mean WandaVision is a prequel too? I don’t know. I think this is the first time where the fundamental differences between Marvel and DC are actually preventing me from liking a Marvel movie.
Um, some of that you should probably put into a spoiler...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, why didn’t Hulk bring back Vision? I know he tried with Widow and presumably Gamora and couldn’t because of the Soul Stone. But what was stopping him from bringing back Vision?
The only thing Hulk did with his snap was bring back everyone who was dusted from Thanos' snap. People who died before or after it weren't affected. Vision and Gamora died before the snap, and Natasha died after.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only thing Hulk did with his snap was bring back everyone who was dusted from Thanos' snap. People who died before or after it weren't affected. Vision and Gamora died before the snap, and Natasha died after.
He said at the end that he tried to bring back Natasha but couldn’t. He actually said that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The show is Star Vs the forces of magic at this point lol
First it's Ludo, then Toffee, then "Miss Heinous", then Mina...those were the Forces of Evil from the getgo, but now pretty much every force that we originally thought was supposed to be good turned out to be a bunch of pricks.

Shame, too, I was really hoping the MHC would redeem themselves...how likely is that to happen at this point?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Seriously, I cannot recommend Star vs. the Forces of Evil enough. Toffee is just one of the elements that make it so great.

It's a darn good show and became Disney's next flagship show for good reason.

For animation and Disney fans who haven't checked it out already, please do yourselves a favor and check it out ASAP!
By far, it's one of my absolute favorite shows.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its a loooonnnngggg stretch but I hope giant monsters becomes the next big thing after superheroes even though I know the latter won't be going away for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom