• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can see why. It was just Black Panther but set in the ocean with an oceanic theme to it. You know ancient hidden civilizations that keep themselves to the world and protagonists fighting a relative for the throne granted Aquaman's was bigger on a grand scale when it came to fighting scenes.
Aquaman was a frickin blast. And honestly, the stories are just similar by nature. It’s not their fault. They just wanted to be faithful at this point because trying to stand out from Marvel is what got them Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

Also, I like Justice League. I don’t care what anyone says. That movie was a great time too.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
How did you not like Aquaman? That was one of the best times I have ever had at a Superhero Movie.
I think it's better than most DC films in the universe right now but I wouldn't call it good. Some of the dialogue was fun but then half of it was kind of hard to sit through and Aquaman's one liners would get on my nerves sometimes. The effects also looked pretty mediocre considering what the could have been. Especially considering it came out the same year as infinity war, which had some pretty amazing CG.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, any time the DCEU has done crossover stuff, the results have been terrible. The solo stuff is what's keeping it afloat.
No. It’s not the crossover’s fault. It’s Zack Snyder’s fault. And he’s been thoroughly fired and Geoff Johns has been given the keys. Things are damn sure looking up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, right. I forgot about that. Still, I don't think their word applies here, does it?
I mean personally if the directors who covered up the movie like it was the Manhattan project, ok it then I think it’s fine. But most sites still use tags which I understand.

But if you haven’t seen endgame there should be no way you haven’t been spoiled at this point. Not that that really matters

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also it's funny when people say "the Russos said it's okay to spoil Endgame" as a justification.

You're on a Smash Bros website with a dedicated Project M section. The staff doesn't care what the creators are okay with or not. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm probably the only one here who has no interest in the Joker movie. Joker never needed his own movie IMO because god forbid can't let an origin stay being a mystery.

I'm looking forward to the new Suicide Squad movie though given Gunn is directing it. Probably the only DC movie I look forward to.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah. Keep the open spoilers to the specific thread for now, please, or put them in spoiler tags if you wanna talk about the film here. Seems a few of the regulars here who are planning to still haven't seen it yet, so I'd like to try and accommodate as many people as possible on this.
Phew. Thank you.

I would've seen the movie by now, but I'm right in the middle of finals week right now.

And the last thing I wanna do is avoid this thread when it's one of my few escapes from that.

Did you WATCH Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam? That’s almost HALF the movies in that series which ****ing rock.
I mean... almost half still ain't that great.

I agree that Wonder Woman is good and Aquaman is decent. Haven't seen Shazam yet, but I trust the consensus that it's good.

But Man v Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League were not good imo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's better than most DC films in the universe right now but I wouldn't call it good. Some of the dialogue was fun but then half of it was kind of hard to sit through and Aquaman's one liners would get on my nerves sometimes. The effects also looked pretty mediocre considering what the could have been. Especially considering it came out the same year as infinity war, which had some pretty amazing CG.
Personal preference I guess. I think it was great. And so did a lot of people.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
hey fella eggman.gif

'sup *****.

Didn't expect to see me? Did you?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Phew. Thank you.

I would've seen the movie by now, but I'm right in the middle of finals week right now.

And the last thing I wanna do is avoid this thread when it's one of my few escapes from that.

I mean... almost half still ain't that great.

I agree that Wonder Woman is good and Aquaman is decent. Haven't seen Shazam yet, but I trust the consensus that it's good.

But Man v Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League were not good imo.
Give Justice League a half a point at least. Even if it was bad it was still super fun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No. It’s not the crossover’s fault. It’s Zack Snyder’s fault. And he’s been thoroughly fired and Geoff Johns has been given the keys. Things are damn sure looking up.
Somehow I don't think the decision to jump to Batman v Superman as the second movie was purely on Snyder. A whole chain of people had to approve that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm probably the only one here who has no interest in the Joker movie. Joker never needed his own movie IMO because god forbid can't let an origin stay being a mystery.

I'm looking forward to the new Suicide Squad movie though given Gunn is directing it. Probably the only DC movie I look forward to.
He doesn't wanna see The Joker movie

get a load of this society.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Justice League IMO was pretty much the DCEU's worst movie. It felt so rushed, cropped up (Feeling like parts that were missing), a tone where it didn't know what to be one moment dark and gritty then another moment MCU humor, bland and generic villain who looks like a PS3 video game boss given the CGI and one would think given its title this would be the longest DCEU movie but no its actually its shortest.

Oh and there's the whole unnecessary sub-plot involving this surviving family which wasn't needed to begin with and was just there to eventually be saved treating them like side characters.

A total trainwreck simply put. I guarantee one day a new and even better Justice League movie will be made and this will be looked back on and laughed at for the pathetic attempt this made to be the big movie it tried to be.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
will we ever get a superhero movie as good as the dark knight ever again?
Probably not. But you never know.

Give Justice League a half a point at least. Even if it was bad it was still super fun.
It's better than the other 3 movies I listed in that category.

Doesn't mean it's good though.

View attachment 220136
'sup *****.

Didn't expect to see me? Did you?
Considering you liked my post only half an hour ago... yeah kinda.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

do... do you think that joker has never gotten an origin story?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Between New Donk City and Mementos changing their visuals based on stage music, I really wish we would have gotten/ will get a Rhythm Heaven stage.

I get that making a fighter around rhythm game would prove difficult and is probably low priority, but a stage would be amazing fit for the series. The stage could have an pretty basic layout with no actual gameplay gimmicks, but depending on the song you chose it gives the stage a look that corresponds with the song.

Like for example if you play the Hole in One song, everything would look like a fluffy pink cloud with the golfer and monkey in the background. While playing the Dreams of our Generation song would give the stage a neon look with a starry background with Marshal jumping around.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Stop pissing on the Moon, Eggman.

Just saw the Adventure 2 Fandub holy ****
I piss on the moon whatever I want ******!
piss off moon!!.gif

**** you moon. you never had the rabbits I wanted!!
Probably not. But you never know.

It's better than the other 3 movies I listed in that category.

Doesn't mean it's good though.

Considering you liked my post only half an hour ago... yeah kinda.
Hahahahahaha.
dr-eggman-sonic-adventure-2-82.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sure. They had to give the approval to make it. But Zack Snyder is the one who made it actually bad.
The fact that no one said "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't go from Man of Steel to BvS immediately afterwards, while setting up the Justice League for movie number five, before half the members have their own solo outings," makes me think no one thought the crossover aspect through. Like I said, there's a good reason that their better movies were solo ones.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I disagree. Justice league is bad but worse than Suicide Squad or Man of Steel? Even with the points you made, I simply don't understand that viewpoint.
I'll just repost this again for why it is IMO.
Justice League IMO was pretty much the DCEU's worst movie. It felt so rushed, cropped up (Feeling like parts that were missing), a tone where it didn't know what to be one moment dark and gritty then another moment MCU humor, bland and generic villain who looks like a PS3 video game boss given the CGI and one would think given its title this would be the longest DCEU movie but no its actually its shortest.

Oh and there's the whole unnecessary sub-plot involving this surviving family which wasn't needed to begin with and was just there to eventually be saved treating them like side characters.

A total trainwreck simply put. I guarantee one day a new and even better Justice League movie will be made and this will be looked back on and laughed at for the pathetic attempt this made to be the big movie it tried to be.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've never seen the Dark Knight movies.

Would you prefer to crucify me before or after lunch?
Nah, you should redeem yourself by watching this video fully.
Then you will be forgiven for your sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom