• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
On the topic of movies. Which movies do you consider to have been the worst you've seen recently? Me?

-A Quiet Place (More like A Stupid Place)
-Alien: Covenant
-Jumanji 2 (It didn't even need to be a sequel to Jumanji which didn't even need one to begin with)
-Justice League
-Ralph Breaks the Internet
-The Emoji Movie (Could only go five minutes in until stopping)
-The Predator (2018)
-The First Purge
-The Mummy (2017)
-Thor: Ragnarok (Don't care what people says)
-Transformers: The Last Knight
-Slender Man (Didn't even have to watch to know it was bad)
-Star Wars sequel movies

Not up there with these per say but they were more disappointments IMO.

-Aquaman
-King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
-Pacific Rim: Uprising (An unnecessary and unneeded sequel)
-Pet Sematary (2019)
-Venom (Really should had kept that R rating for one)
Hm... this will be controversial but, me it's definitely Captain Marvel and Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of the Grindlewald.

I like Aquaman though...

One look at the guy's channel shows me he's one of those KotakuInAction-types of people who cries about "le evil sjws ruining my anime," which isn't the type of person to be celebrated or rallied behind.
KotakuInAction? wow.
Lol, that's just your own take on the video, which from your take I am in doubt if you watch entire of it or not, that being said it is okay if you just don't agree with him.
Then again you need good reasons to explain why his video doesn't make sense or why he's "KotakuInAction type". And not sure what does that even mean to "be celebrated or rallied behind". And when have he ever said "evil sjws ruining anime"? When that journalist funnily enough is contradicting himself, just look at his tweet.
Opinions are not equally informed, So you gotta give me better reasons here. Then again it is everyone's choice of accepting it or not.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a positive note though. A list of movies I loved, enjoyed and adored the past few years.

-Get Out
-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
-Hostiles
-How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Fite me)
-Kong: Skull Island
-Missing Link
-My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
-Only the Brave
-Overlord (No not the anime...)
-Rampage
-Shazam!
-The Fate of the Furious
-The Lost City of Z
-The Meg
-The Shape of Water
-War for the Planet of the Apes

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really? John Carpenter's The Thing? That's one of your favourite things?

I thought it'd be more "raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings", aren't those are a few of your favourite things? :p
Goodness, I love that song, it has the most wholesome lyrics.

D

Deleted member

I loved Endgame as well. Though I will say Infinity War is still the better of the two for me. The Guardians meeting the Avengers and Black Panther was just too legendary of an MCU moment for it not to be in my top 2 favorite MCU movies. And the humor in the movie was so plentiful and entertaining, it's so easy to make yourself watch it over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can E3 just please be here? Getting tired of the back and forth with this new Google leak and Erdrick and pffff

Plus. I just wanna see some more FFVII and a bunch of other great games.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
About the Mario Maker Direct, I hope you can put any enemy and playable character in the car...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I loved Endgame as well. Though I will say Infinity War is still the better of the two for me. The Guardians meeting the Avengers and Black Panther was just too legendary of an MCU moment for it not to be in my top 2 favorite MCU movies. And the humor in the movie was so plentiful and entertaining, it's so easy to make yourself watch it over and over again.
Yeah, but I counter with:

D

Deleted member

Negativity sucks so let me mention some of my favorite MCU movies:
  1. Black Panther
  2. Thor Ragnarok
  3. Both Guardians of the Galaxy movies
  4. Spider-Man Homecoming
  5. Captain Marvel
  6. Both Ant-Man movies
will we ever get a superhero movie as good as the dark knight ever again?
Dunno what dimension you live in but we already did and it's called Spider-Verse.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
KotakuInAction? wow.
Lol, that's just your own take on the video, which I am questioningif you watch entire of it or not, that being said it is okay if you just don't agree with him. Then again you need good reasons to explain why his video doesn't make sense or why he's "KotakuInAction type". And not sure what does that even mean to "be celebrated or rallied behind". And when have he ever said "evil sjws ruining anime"? When that journalist funnily enough is contradicting himself, just look at his tweet.
Opinions are not equally informed, So you gotta give me better reasons here. Then again it is everyone's choice of accepting it or not.
I don't have to give you anything. I'm not giving him view money, plain and simple. People shouldn't be celebrated for trying to stand against progress, which his usage of thumbnails plainly paints him as.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The real comparison should be made between DC and AC. Important distinction to make tbh
*Physics flashbacks intensify*

I'm so ****ing tireeed. Why am I still awake, it's almost 6AM! Ugh.
Oh yeah... I know the feeling.

Except it's only 1 AM over here compared to 6 AM... for once.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My top three favorite super movies are...

1. Dark Knight
2. Spider-Verse
3. Endgame

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If we're listing our favorite MCU movies:
1. Antman
2. Infinity War
3. Antman and the Wasp
4. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
5. Endgame
6. Spiderman: Homecoming

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Idk my favorite mcu movies cause I like so many but the ones I don't like stick out the most.

Those mainly being Thor 2, Black Panther, and Iron man 2

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently talking about superhero movies and y'all are still sleeping on Brightburn which is coming out next week.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not the best in terms of plot-wise, but I have a huge soft spot for Captain Marvel. It had such a strong message and I felt more connected to Carol than a lot of other MCU ptotags. It's also the only superhero movie my mother gone out of her way to praise.

Antman movies, Shazam, Wonder Woman and Ragnarok were also really good.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
On a positive note though. A list of movies I loved, enjoyed and adored the past few years.

-Get Out
-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
-Hostiles
-How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Fite me)
-Kong: Skull Island
-Missing Link
-My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
-Only the Brave
-Overlord (No not the anime...)
-Rampage
-Shazam!
-The Fate of the Furious
-The Lost City of Z
-The Meg
-The Shape of Water
-War for the Planet of the Apes
The movies I love the most hands down it's Spiderman Into the Spiderverse and Endgame.

Also when it comes to Pixar it has to be Toy Story 2, therefore I am excited for Toy Story 4.

I don't have to give you anything. I'm not giving him view money, plain and simple. People shouldn't be celebrated for trying to stand against progress, which his usage of thumbnails plainly paints him as.
Fair enough (But in my opinion that doesn't do much anyway), and no offense but I already aware you have opposing opinions regarding this kind of topic, yet I'm all ears nonetheless.
Here's another video link about this then, she's not a huge Youtuber but I'm curious what's your take. And here's the original article link from Kotaku , so what are your thoughts?
Then again, what's "celebrated" all about? And again that's just your own take, the video's topic is about journalist requesting censorship on a little anime game. And that's definitely not progress.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
mario123007 mario123007 and Opossum Opossum

We don't need to debate it anymore. Long as the video doesn't break any rules in the ToS you're free to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom