• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 220107

Since I have to fill ten characters anyway, can I note that the Goblin/Mechanic ship really is my unironic favorite part of Terraria lore? Kinda makes me want to play again thinking bout it.
A690294A-9A17-4C7B-8B7E-5A07C0BCCCED.gif

best reply I got
Ooh I’ll take a Disney Afternoon Kingdom Hearts game! Let’s see:
  • Ducktales 2017
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Gargoyles
  • Kim Possible
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Gravity Falls
  • Wander over Yonder
  • Star Vs.
Who else should be here?
Besides Wander and Star...Darkwing Duck and Marvel

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, characters don't need to have some of their key elements to the franchise with them.

Among the 3rd parties specifically:
Snake and his SOCOM and/or Tranq? Nope
Joker and his Wild Card trait? Not there either.
Don't think it's comparable at all, I'd say it's more important to focus on the stuff that is there.
Sonic has his speed.
Mega Man can jump 'n shoot and multiple Robot Master powers
Ryu has his iconic moves and even commands.
Bayonetta and Simon basically have all their stuff.

The Estus Flask might not even be a move but it'd at least be referenced somehow.

D

Deleted member

• Ducktales 2017
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Gargoyles
  • Kim Possible
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Gravity Falls
  • Wander over Yonder
  • Star Vs.
Who else should be here?
All of these shows are good for that.
Uhh, add the classic Disney characters themselves ( Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. ).

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
  • Ducktales 2017
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Gargoyles
  • Kim Possible
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Gravity Falls
  • Wander over Yonder
  • Star Vs.
Who else should be here?
Yoo Recess

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 220108

If one of my favorite underappreciated shows got in KH i'd buy a Playstation on the spot
Wander Over Yonder was cancelled way too damn early.

Star's a very lucky one for getting four seasons.

That would be so incredible.

Imagine if this is what happens now that
Xehanort is dealth with.

Wouldn't that be amazing?
Haven't played it but I consider that spoiler rather minor more than anything else (going off your statement of KH3 ending the saga anyway) so it's cool.

It'd definitely be amazing. It could be that the events of KH3 created an opening that granted access between the KH universe and several new Disney worlds, and with that, new threats are on the rise, conspiring together aend trying to use the Heartless and other powers to their advantage.

Just seeing this image alone makes me want to imagine or eve write up dialogue for all these villains playing off one and other.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel like something a Dark Souls character could integrate into an overall moveset is that they'd hit hard, but if you miss, there'd be potential for huge punishment, just like in a genuine Dark Souls experience.

Maybe give the character a higher weight class, so that if you mess up you can get basically juggled. But it'd be hard to launch the character, as they'd be wearing armor and be heavy.

Again, I've never played the game. I've just watched friends play it, or like the one time my friend spent literally hours attempting to beat Ornstein and Smough. Y I K E S.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Alright, here's my next question.

What do you guys think will end up happening with Heihachi? For Wii U/3DS, Sakurai seemed to see him as a pick that was hard to work with. He could always try working with him again, but then again maybe he won't.

Do you think Sakurai took another crack at it, or moved onto a different pick?
I'm still thinking that we might get Jin instead since this has been the 2nd time Heihachi's seiyuu died

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
  • Ducktales 2017
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Gargoyles
  • Kim Possible
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Gravity Falls
  • Wander over Yonder
  • Star Vs.
Who else should be here?
Milo Murphy's Law?

I know that one is part of the P&F universe, but still.

D

Deleted member

Let's put it this way.

I'd argue they would give the overall character alts of each of them. I'll also be completely honest in that I've never played the game, but have simply had conversations about it with people who are more experienced with it, like @vaanrose .

If that's the case, I wonder if there's a particular name they'd be given that would characterize each of them for Smash CSS purposes?
Honestly, I'd see Solaire or Artorias be picked before the three generic protagonists get fused together.
But that's just me.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Haven't played it but I consider that spoiler rather minor more than anything else (going off your statement of KH3 ending the saga anyway) so it's cool.

It'd definitely be amazing. It could be that the events of KH3 created an opening that granted access between the KH universe and several new Disney worlds, and with that, new threats are on the rise, conspiring together aend trying to use the Heartless and other powers to their advantage.

Just seeing this image alone makes me want to imagine or eve write up dialogue for all these villains playing off one and other.
I could see Bill Cipher be the ultimate asshole to both Sora and the player.

Wanna know how to cover a couple of plot holes left by the confusing lore? Bill Cipher knows the answers and won't share them just to piss you off :laugh:

D

Deleted member

If we're going with Dark Souls 1 only:

Gwyn could be Ganondorf with a Fire-stick sword.

Ornestein and Smough could be Marth and King Dedede
Sif could be GIANT Duck Hunt with Killing Edge

Bell Gargoyles could be 2 Ridleys with Death Scythes

Bed of Chaos could be a bunch of Piranha Plants and Ivysaurs that are set on fire.

Asylum Demon could be K Rool with Ore Club.
Solaire of Astora as a Metal Wii Fit Trainer (Male) that spams Sun Salutation.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I feel like something a Dark Souls character could integrate into an overall moveset is that they'd hit hard, but if you miss, there'd be potential for huge punishment, just like in a genuine Dark Souls experience.

Maybe give the character a higher weight class, so that if you mess up you can get basically juggled. But it'd be hard to launch the character, as they'd be wearing armor and be heavy.

Again, I've never played the game. I've just watched friends play it, or like the one time my friend spent literally hours attempting to beat Ornstein and Smough. Y I K E S.
We kinda have that one already though. :ultganondorf:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see Artorias as a character Sakurai would pick from Dark Souls; he seems to have some deep lore, seems important, is popular, and the main character seems different in each game anyway (but not like Fire Emblem or other games), while Artorias seems to have some connections in the other two Dark Souls games. Even with him only having one functional arm, I can see some possibilities for how he would grab things (he could use his strength to lift himself up on a ledge, he could put his sword away when grabbing items, and he could lunge his arm + sword around an opponent when grabbing them).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't think it's comparable at all, I'd say it's more important to focus on the stuff that is there.
Sonic has his speed.
Mega Man can jump 'n shoot and multiple Robot Master powers
Ryu has his iconic moves and even commands.
Bayonetta and Simon basically have all their stuff.

The Estus Flask might not even be a move but it'd at least be referenced somehow.
Yeah, but I wouldn't call the estus the defining aspect of Dark Souls's gameplay as useful it is.
Ultimately it's just a reusable recovery item, that if you play well enough with, probably won't even use all that much.
I'd go as far as to say the dodge roll and stamina bar is far more integral to the Dark Souls general gameplay than the estus is.

Compare that to Snake and his guns and stealth, 2 of the things which form the basis of all the MGS games, and I think that isn't too out of line. I mean look up any MGS gameplay and tell me which ones focus on Snake or Raiden tossing grenades, mortaring, RPGing the ground, chasing the enemy with Nikitas, flying on Cyphers, etc etc.

I'd say the Estus is more on the level of Personas in Persona 5. Personas themselves have an entire mini-section of characters and story devoted to them and are pretty integral to game progression for the average player, but for the sake of fighting game gameplay, that isn't included.

And that's not to say I think he's in, more that if he was in, Estus wouldn't be absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Ducktales 2017
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Gargoyles
  • Kim Possible
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Gravity Falls
  • Wander over Yonder
  • Star Vs.
Who else should be here?
Goof Troop
Talespin
Rescue Rangers

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
All of these shows are good for that.
Uhh, add the classic Disney characters themselves ( Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. ).
Oh man, that would be so cool!

VQy9HEU.png

large.gallery_61785_2185_174574.png.8f1a3c81e1a6f59e9a31afcde66b3b73.png

Too bad they've never added such classic characters in Kingdom Hearts. Really an oversight on their part.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I could see Bill Cipher be the ultimate ******* to both Sora and the player.

Wanna know how to cover a couple of plot holes left by the confusing lore? Bill Cipher knows the answers and won't share them just to piss you off :laugh:
That would be perfect considering Bill's character alone. :p

Just imagine Sora and co. having to put up with Bill's **** for one world or most of the game, he'd be the the single most simultaneously insane and cheerful villain the keyblade wielder would ever be up against. :laugh: That's not even getting into how Bill would communicate with his allies like Magica De Spell and Toffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom