• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, Mythra Mythra , my dude, my brother, my partner, my something something, please stay in this thread and I give you cool **** like this.

Deal?:b:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, I definitely have:

-I can't believe what Moon did. I'm disappointed in her and the High Commission.

-They've actually managed to make Mina more intimidating and interesting, so I'm okay with her and her army being the final villains of the show.

-Starco is official, but it may not be meant to be.

-If Star destroys all magic, then no one will be able to abuse it...but tons of other species would be either crippled or possibly die due to being made of magic, Glossaryck would perish for sure, per his own claim, and Marco would be permanently separated from Star, back in his home dimension. That also means Meteora and Mariposa wouldn't be able to grow up as sisters like they did in Hekapoo's dimension, in turn meaning Marco and Star's promise to them would be broken.

-That last reference to Toffee and his "Surprise!" jumpscare, though...I knew his influence would come into play in the end. Looks like we finally know what his ultimate goal was, besides his personal revenge against Moon and the Butterflies. Toffee is by no means a good guy, but he may have had a valid point in regards to magic's sheer power...

I hope Star finds a way around things and goes all "screw destiny", though. I really don't want to see the magic in the show get destroyed.
Moons betrayal was pretty messed and unexpected. I’m glad heckapu came and saved them though changing her mind in the end. It be pretty dumb if her friendship with Marco meant nothing. Although she did warn him to be safe so I guess she still cared.

It was nice to also sort of see toffee again. Darin also saved she saw toffee as a magneto character who was right but went about things the wrong way.
Which is holding pretty true.

As for Marco I bet he isn’t disappearing. I think we will learn that the theory Marco is mewman is correct. With this, it would mean that marco’s family could come and live in mewni as they would be original descendants from there. It would also explain the cheek marks and why Alphonse the worthy was so interested in pushing Marco towards star.

Another thing to not is the murals for the queens never depict their film story, only the most defining moment. So it’s possible Marco is still around after that some way somehow and star’s mural was just misleading her to put her on the right track.

Either way the finale is going to be wild.

I have no idea who this is.
He’s a dark souls character that’s part of the google theory leak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay so since Strawpoll isn't working for me right now, just respond to this post with your choice of a number from 2-49 but not counting 24 or 43. Then I'll just randomly select one for tomorrow.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay so since Strawpoll isn't working for me right now, just respond to this post with your choice of a number from 2-49 but not counting 24 or 43. Then I'll just randomly select one for tomorrow.
hit me with that 16

Roberk

Smash Champion
You never said it had to be an integer.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah I see. I generally don't like Power Copying because it relies too much on other powers to look cool. If they can be combined though, it usually opens possibilities that wouldn't be possible normally. In cases like Chrollo though, those types of character can end up way too powerful and hard to balance, especially on stories where characters have limited power sets.
Yeah it's technically overpowered so it usually has some limitations like stamona, time, potency or a combination thereof.

Copying only really gets fun for me when they start mixing it up with other people's abilities. Like the blue mage from FF who copies some monster abilities or Soma and Shanoa from Castlevania.

Or hell even Bravely series does this by stealing boss's own asterisks.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_presenting_coffee.png

So.

I miss anything important besides good Rottyposting?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How about 11?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Or hell even Bravely series does this by stealing boss's own asterisks.
when you steal an asterisk that lets you copy a guy who copies other guys and use their moves as exact copies and also gastic acid

1557858166546.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I say number 39

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll wait for one more number so I have a group of five. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And there we have it, folks. Tomorrow's character is number sixteen. :p

D

Deleted member

I am hearing numbered characters.
Android-17, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey, if opossum can make long sudden posts about a thing he likes, so can I.
I finished playing Rockman & Forte: Mirai kara no Chōsensha for you goddamn weaboos, as Astro Boy himself.
It's sort of hard to write my thoughts on this game, because let's be honest, in this year the only reason you're going to be playing a game like this is for the novelty of playing a ridiculously obscure Mega Man game with bosses like 'Bullet Man' and 'Airconditoner Man', not because you wanted to have fun and decided to pick this.

As I've said before, playing this game just feels off. Mega Man's physics feel just slightly different than they always have been, close but not quite there, which can make the platforming a lot more tricky because anybody playing this game probably already has experience with Mega Man. It's not a huge deal, like I said the physics are close enough, but it can really trip you up sometimes. Fortunately the hardest the platforming gets is probably in Aircon Man's stage where you have to guide a balloon across rooms filled with spikes, definitely a step below the difficulty of its predecessor. I'd imagine playing as Bass mitigates this since he still has the dash and double jump, but I can't say as I haven't played the game as him yet. The smallness of the screen doesn't help though, the game just ****ing loves to make you slide across a ceiling of spikes, and it can be VERY difficult to tell how close you can get to the spikes before dying, especially since you can't really tip toe here.

The game as whole does just feel slow though, like it's on 0.9x speed. You move slower, your jump feels worse, falling feels like floating. I think the devs sort of knew this cause there's a section in Aircon Man's stage where you have to fall down a pit while dodging spikes, which would be crazy hard in any other MM game but here thanks to the slower falling becomes more manageable. The slowness as a whole is pretty jarring though, it can occasionally mess up your predictions. Sometimes it really feels like I should have died from a jump, sometimes it feels like the opposite.

The levels themselves actually surprised me though, there are some interesting gimmicks there. For example, one miniboss spawns Mets which reflect your shot if you hit their helmet, so you have to hit the Mets and let them reflect your shot and hit the miniboss. Stuff like that is pretty cool. Unfortunately, the game also likes to pull some cheap stuff. A preferred trick of the game's is to have an enemy spawn immediately next to a screen transition, requiring you to have supersonic reflexes and see the thing immediately if you want to dodge it. I get the game's trying to promote robotics, but I haven't managed to transfer my mind to a superhuman robotic body quite yet, so tone it down a bit. One thing I do really like though is that every stage has its own unique miniboss. Sure, there are only 8 stages so it's less effort, but it keeps you on your toes and adds a lot more variety to each level.

Another thing that was unexpected to me was the number of unique enemies too. For example there are these knight enemies that lunge towards you with a spear before retreating with their shield, or these enemies that become platform if you hit them once, but explode if you hit them twice which forces you to think carefully about when and where you fire. It makes the game feel more like its own instead of a bolted on extra to Mega Man and Bass. I'd like to see some of these enemies return with a 3d makeover, if only so we can give them names goddammit. On that note, my god this is probably the most terrifying Mets have ever been, they shoot ridiculously quickly and so have a very small window of time where you can hit them. ****ing hell, why didn't Wily deploy these things against Mega Man earlier?

The bosses are nowhere near as crazy as some of the ones in Mega Man and Bass. Their designs are dumb, but they're charming too. I enjoyed some of their fights, like Komuso Man who clones himself and uses illusions. His attacks do a lot of damage, but once you figure out how to dodge them his weakness becomes a lot more exploitable. I like design like that. The weapons they give are pretty cool too, stuff like Flame Shower is pretty useful and fairly unique in the wider Mega Man series, and I think this is the only Mega Man game where a time stopping weapon is actually half decent. Who woulda thunk it? Something I also love is that Mega Man and Bass both get different weapons from the bosses. I understand why the last game didn't do that, but it makes the characters a lot more distinct.

Overall, this is ultimately a Mega Man game developed by Namco, and it shows in certain places. I'd say if you're a Mega Man fan, it's worth a look. It's a very short game, only took me around 2 hours to beat, so might as well. Can't say I recommend it to anybody who isn't already acquainted with the Blue Bomber though, my view is biased cause at its core I enjoy the fundamental Mega Man gameplay.
Do again what to highlight Aircon Man though. He's a robot from the future who completely decimated all who stood in his way so he went to the past to find a challenge. And he is also an air conditioner.
1304876_p0_master1200.jpg

What a lad.

D

Deleted member

Do you all know what it is like in Moscow, the big old city?
Why am I talking about Russia so much?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not sure what to say to this.

Except :V.
/\_):V_/\

That's the face you make when you realize you may not see Mythra lewd posts here in the future.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if an Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game would be made. What do you think the roster would be and how many characters?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
At the end of the Mario Maker 2 Direct they reveal Builder Mario is in Smash.

Wait
at the end of the mario maker 2 direct they reveal builder mario is now the default mario skin for stage builder like he should have always ****ing been

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom