• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If we got a Pokemon rep to promote a movie I'd rather it be Detective Pikachu than Armored Mewtwo tbh

D

Deleted member

If we got a Pokemon rep to promote a movie I'd rather it be Detective Pikachu than Armored Mewtwo tbh
My pipe dream in that case would be Darkrai.

I already said it before, but his movie had an outstanding ost.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I just beat the entirety of the smash community with my eyes closed, my hands bound to my feet by chains and bad matchups.

Either y'all are weak or i'm an omnipotent god, either way, y'all need to step it up :cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Broke: Watching Scott the Woz after the other gaming Youtubers crumble
Woke: Watching DanAndPhilGAMES after the other gaming Youtubers crumble

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Job serching is easy" they say
"You just gotta keep looking" they say
"you will get a job, Im sure of it"
they say

idk who they are but they are some lyin' *******.

Anyway, what it is, mother****ers. I have awoken from my damn slumber

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I had this cool headcannon where Snake was never cut in Smash 4. He was given a new Venom Snake skin to promote The Phantom Pain and, wild Shadow Moses Island returned on the 3DS version, the Wii U version had a new Mother Base stage also based on Phantom Pain.

James Wan is on the board with it, a good production value wouldn't be too much to expect.
Hell yeah! Aquaman rocked! I’m actually kind of hopeful for this now.

D

Deleted member

Splatoon's got 3 Splatfests left.

*Sigh* Well, they did say only two years of Splatfest. Was fun while it lasted, but TBH things won't change too much after July; the community is always gonna be there playing, and we'll always have new players joining thanks to the game's evergreen status. I just hope Nintendo does something with all of those Shifty Stations; adding them into regular rotation would give us, like, 24 or so extra maps, so I hope they don't just let them sit unused in the data forever...

D

Deleted member

The next videogame movie I am looking forward to after Detective Pikachu is the DQ5 movie (which hopefully gets a theatrical release in the West like other Toho productions).

The Metal Gear movie also seems promising so far with what we know.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

*Sigh* Well, they did say only two years of Splatfest. Was fun while it lasted, but TBH things won't change too much after July; the community is always gonna be there playing, and we'll always have new players joining thanks to the game's evergreen status. I just hope Nintendo does something with all of those Shifty Stations; adding them into regular rotation would give us, like, 24 or so extra maps, so I hope they don't just let them sit unused in the data forever...
I would get Splatoon 2, but shooters aren’t my thing besides rare exceptions like the Metroid Prime trilogy (which is more of a 1st person adventure title anyway).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The next videogame movie I am looking forward to after Detective Pikachu is the DQ5 movie (which hopefully gets a theatrical release in the West like other Toho productions).

The Metal Gear movie also seems promising so far with what we know.
Wait, there’s a Metal Gear movie?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Mortal Kombat is getting a new movie. Hopefully it’s at least like Rampage, not a good movie but a damn fun watch.
I'm really hoping that in this post Detective Pikachu world, studios can begin looking to success of that film, and start taking video game movies more seriously by giving them a whole lot more love and passion. Hopefully, This Mortal Kombat movie is no exception.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I stopped playing because it got pretty stale and Why havent they given Octolings more hair?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm really hoping that in this post Detective Pikachu world, studios can begin looking to success of that film, and start taking video game movies more seriously by giving them a whole lot more love and passion. Hopefully, This Mortal Kombat movie is no exception.
Why did a Nintendo property have to be the one to start this trend. Why couldn’t it have been someone else.

They are making one, yes.

It is going to be directed by a huge fan of the series and is getting supervised by Kojima apparently.

At the moment, we have a few concept arts:
View attachment 219821
View attachment 219822
View attachment 219823
That looks cool. But as an MGS fan, I can’t exactly tell which game they are adapting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thankfully the DQ5 movie seems to be going in the path you and I want to see after DP.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why did a Nintendo property have to be the one to start this trend. Why couldn’t it have been someone else.
Because everyone else weren't good enough to do that and didn't have a franchise as well-know as Pokemon.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why does it matter that it was a Nintendo property?
Because Nintendo almost always wins! They get all the spotlight, they get all the praise and accolades. They get all the credit for “innovation” even when they blatantly copy someone else (Breath of the Wild :( ). I just want someone else to get the praise and accolades for once. Someone else to be called a pioneer who sets the gaming landscape for decades to come. Someone else to be #1. Just be glad Detective Pikachu wasn’t a Disney movie or I’d be doubly flipping out.
To be fair, a Nintendo property also started the trend of video game movies and their terrible reputation in the first place.
Fair. I forgot about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom