• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a Godzilla fan, I love the improvement made with Legendary’s Monsterverse thanks to Skull Island.

That movie was a blast to watch.
Yup lots of dumb fun monster rompness which I like. And to think Godzilla 2 is coming out in a little over 2 weeks. Movies like Rampage and The Meg had helped with my patience basically were appetizers in preparation for that movie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo bad, Sony good.

But seriously why does it matter
It being a Nintendo property isn't what made it good. It was good because it was a charming family movie that did a good job balancing goofy little kid humor with Ryan Reynolds' sarcasm for the adults.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Because Nintendo almost always wins! They get all the spotlight, they get all the praise and accolades. They get all the credit for “innovation” even when they blatantly copy someone else (Breath of the Wild :( ). I just want someone else to get the praise and accolades for once. Someone else to be called a pioneer who sets the gaming landscape for decades to come. Someone else to be #1. Just be glad Detective Pikachu wasn’t a Disney movie or I’d be doubly flipping out.

Fair. I forgot about that one.
Nobody praised Breath of the Wild for innovating gaming. They got it for innovating the series.

But yes Nintendo tend to be the first to do many things: making motion controls into something, the first hybrid console, setting the controller standards, and so on.
But other companies have done similar. They made CDs the standard, create online, digital stores, new gaming genres, and so on.

A salty response really.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Because Nintendo almost always wins! They get all the spotlight, they get all the praise and accolades. They get all the credit for “innovation” even when they blatantly copy someone else (Breath of the Wild :( ). I just want someone else to get the praise and accolades for once. Someone else to be called a pioneer who sets the gaming landscape for decades to come. Someone else to be #1. Just be glad Detective Pikachu wasn’t a Disney movie or I’d be doubly flipping out.
Snake, listen... If you keep getting mad at people praising Nintendo like this, I'm not sure this site is right for you. Most people here are gonna have their Nintendo biases in full force, given that it's a site dedicated to a crossover of a whole bunch of their properties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yup lots of dumb fun monster rompness which I like. And to think Godzilla 2 is coming out in a little over 2 weeks. Movies like Rampage and The Meg had helped with my patience basically were appetizers in preparation for that movie.
I got sad when I found that Godzilla 2 was delayed to June just in Spain.

If I had to ask something to everyone, it would be to not spoil me the movie after the dissapointing action made by Warner Bros Spain.

I’ve waited for that movie since I saw 2014.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It being a Nintendo property isn't what made it good. It was good because it was a charming family movie that did a good job balancing goofy little kid humor with Ryan Reynolds' sarcasm for the adults.
That’s exactly why I get so bitter. Anyone could do this if they tried. But sense Nintendo is the first to pull it off it adds to their “of course Nintendo did it better!” reputation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Fair. I forgot about that one.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Darkness dance.gif

Here we go again.

D

Deleted member

That’s exactly why I get so bitter. Anyone could do this if they tried. But sense Nintendo is the first to pull it off it adds to their “of course Nintendo did it better!” reputation.
I don’t know, I tend to see Game Freak or The Pokémon Company as a different entity compared with Nintendo.

Mostly because they are a second party company.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
But it doesn't matter. Company loyalty is bull**** as it is, don't let meaningless competition make it worse.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got sad when I found that Godzilla 2 was delayed to June just in Spain.

If I had to ask something to everyone, it would be to not spoil me the movie after the dissapointing action made by Warner Bros Spain.

I’ve waited for that movie since I saw 2014.
Sorry to hear that but look at the bright side it won't be that far from the release date where I live as they would say patience is a virtue. Also you have my word in not spoiling the movie for you. ;)

D

Deleted member

BTW anyone see the newest video of MUA:3?

Daredevil and Spider-Gwen both had been confirmed.
They were confirmed some time ago.

The most recent reveals are Khamala Khan and Hawkeye.

Sorry to hear that but look at the bright side it won't be that far from the release date where I live as they would say patience is a virtue. Also you have my word in not spoiling the movie for you. ;)
I really appreciate your support on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo gets accolades because a good chunk of what they make is unique to them and really good. Also, yeah, they get credited for innovation a lot because they're the only ones trying to do that kind of thing anymore. The rest of the competition makes big black boxes that are basically company branded, mid-tier gaming PCs while Nintendo is more interested in making themselves stand out with unique ideas.

Also, they kind of were pioneers when they singlehandedly saved the western gaming market.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, listen... If you keep getting mad at people praising Nintendo like this, I'm not sure this site is right for you. Most people here are gonna have their Nintendo biases in full force, given that it's a site dedicated to a crossover of a whole bunch of Nintendo properties.
What are you talking about? All we talk about is Persona 5.

I like Donkey Kong. And I like Smash. I just....

I wish people would recognize their bias and try to minimize it. If they could just give other companies a fair shot, they might realize they like those games too. And then maybe I wouldn’t be the one woman hype train for an entire line of consoles.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, heyyyyy, I just passed 27,000 likes!...
it's not like I like it darkness.gif

...not like I care about internets points or anything, my ego isn't small or anything.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I wish people would recognize their bias and try to minimize it. If they could just give other companies a fair shot, they might realize they like those games too. And then maybe I wouldn’t be the one woman hype train for an entire line of consoles.
Hey, most of us do give the others a shot (Like I enjoy my Xbox One about as much as I enjoy my Nintendo consoles), it's just that we prefer Nintendo more. Is there something wrong with that?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Breath of the Wild is an obvious copy of the open world formula that’s been standard sense Assassin’s Creed 1. And Nintendo gets all the praise like they did it first.
well yeah the got praise but they got praise for doing it first with Zelda, which has always been top down since the beginning of time. it being open world was a big thing

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note I hope they reveal the first Kombat Pack soon even if the leak had supposedly revealed the characters but if my hunch is right there should be 18 characters and 3 packs were getting meaning 9 more yet to be revealed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because they did. It's a good product and it deserves getting praised.

Honestly, I don't know why you care about this so much or why anyone should care about you being jealous. The important thing is media itself, not its producers, and Nintendo didn't make the movie anyway.

D

Deleted member

Breath of the Wild is an obvious copy of the open world formula that’s been standard sense Assassin’s Creed 1. And Nintendo gets all the praise like they did it first.
That's not why people say that game is innovative, lol. They mean it in the sense it was innovative for Zelda as a franchise, not games as a whole.

Plus, people liked it because it was good. Whether or not it was innovative didn't really have anything to do with it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

I've played all the Xbox consoles except Xbox One and tried out my friends' PS2s in my childhood.

People here have a stronger Nintendo affinity because it's a Nintendo centric forum. Not sure what you expect from people here. We even discuss third party games, characters, and series all the time so I don't see what kind of bias you are even seeing. Nintendo games being talked more? No ****.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Because they’re scrambling trying to complete against the invincible juggernaut. They just don’t know what to do to stay alive.
Or they could make something new themselves. That is another option that might lead to some more uniqueness in the industry.

D

Deleted member

I do want to see how the first trailer for the animated Mario movie goes like.

I want to see how the artstyle will be like.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
did you know nintendo actually existed long before the gaming industry? historians suggest nintendo was established before God added life to the planet

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

did you know nintendo actually existed long before the gaming industry? historians say nintendo was established before God added life to the planet
I love the fact that this is half a fact and half a joke.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey, most of us do give the others a shot (Like I enjoy my Xbox One about as much as I enjoy my Nintendo consoles), it's just that we prefer Nintendo more. Is there something wrong with that?
Not inherently. It’s just...

Nintendo is like Disney. They grab you buy your childhood and keep you a fan no matter what. And because they were first and operated basically without competition for years, they just automatically have the biggest piece of the pie no matter what their competitors do. Does that sound fine to you? Why do you think Microsoft is getting close with Nintendo? They’re giving up because trying to topple Mario is a Sisyphean task. Then just existing wipes out all competition.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
did you know nintendo actually existed long before the gaming industry? historians suggest nintendo was established before God added life to the planet
Yes IIRC they started off as this card company or something founded in the 1880's and this year will mark their 130th anniversary.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
did you know nintendo actually existed long before the gaming industry? historians say nintendo was established before God added life to the planet
Nintendo was born from the dirt and was making love hotels and hanafuda cards before God even said what their job was

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo is like Disney. They grab you buy your childhood and keep you a fan no matter what. And because they were first and operated basically without competition for years, they just automatically have the biggest piece of the pie no matter what their competitors do. Does that sound fine to you? Why do you think Microsoft is getting close with Nintendo? They’re giving up because trying to topple Mario is a Sisyphean task. Then just existing wipes out all competition.
Nintendo does create and invest on new properties without involving the nostalgia value.

Splatoon, Arms, many of the Wii titles and Labo are examples of that.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

If you, as a company, have innovated a field and an industry more than anyone else, then yes, you deserve praise. That does indeed sound fine. I don't know what you're getting at. Nintendo doesn't even sell as well as Sony or Microsoft.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

You do realize Sony has beaten them comprehensively every generation except the Wii - which was by itself an one-off marketing genius ploy, correct?

But yes they do have nostalgic value for people. So does PlayStation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom