• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not inherently. It’s just...

Nintendo is like Disney. They grab you buy your childhood and keep you a fan no matter what. And because they were first and operated basically without competition for years, they just automatically have the biggest piece of the pie no matter what their competitors do. Does that sound fine to you? Why do you think Microsoft is getting close with Nintendo? They’re giving up because trying to topple Mario is a Sisyphean task. Then just existing wipes out all competition.
Sad Ridley.jpg

Snake, your posts just make me sad more than anything.

And I think at this point, I had enough being sad every time you get into those rant, so sorry, but you're going to the Ignore Zone.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wish people would recognize their bias and try to minimize it. If they could just give other companies a fair shot, they might realize they like those games too. And then maybe I wouldn’t be the one woman hype train for an entire line of consoles.
It really sounds like you should recognize your bias and try to minimize it. Nobody is hating other multi-million companies, you're just reflecting your negativity to other fans.

It's fine to try and share your interests, but if you want to do it by badmouthing other people's likes, it's no wonder you are alone in anything.

D

Deleted member

What are you talking about? All we talk about is Persona 5.

I like Donkey Kong. And I like Smash. I just....

I wish people would recognize their bias and try to minimize it. If they could just give other companies a fair shot, they might realize they like those games too. And then maybe I wouldn’t be the one woman hype train for an entire line of consoles.
I play whatever has games I like, regardless of brand. I tend to like Nintendo's design philosophy, so that's where I personally find the most enjoyment. I also do a lot of PC gaming, as it accomplishes what a PS4 can do, but better. Indies have also held my attention more than AAA devs in recent years thanks to them being the only ones left that will try new things.

Sony doesn't have a ton of games that interest me anymore outside of Kingdom Hearts and Persona. I'm just not the market they appeal to anymore, as I'm not interested in stuff like Red Dead or GoW. Just not my thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Nintendo is like Disney. They grab you buy your childhood and keep you a fan no matter what. And because they were first and operated basically without competition for years, they just automatically have the biggest piece of the pie no matter what their competitors do. Does that sound fine to you? Why do you think Microsoft is getting close with Nintendo? They’re giving up because trying to topple Mario is a Sisyphean task. Then just existing wipes out all competition.
So what you're saying is "Big companies bad, smaller companies good"?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because they did. It's a good product and it deserves getting praised.

Honestly, I don't know why you care about this so much or why anyone should care about you being jealous. The important thing is media itself, not its producers, and Nintendo didn't make the movie anyway.
Because when other companies can’t compete with this... whatever it is.... then they stop trying and my favorite franchises die and I have to play Mario or else no platformers. I have to play Zelda or else no action games. I have to play Arms or else no fighting games. I have to play Splatoon or else no shooters.

I want to live in a world where Mario and Ratchet are neck in neck at holiday sales. I want to live in a world where Sunset Overdrive has just as big a community as Splatoon. I want a world where God of War is just as regular and spectacular a gaming event as Zelda. I want a world where there’s a huge forum dedicated to PlayStation and it’s once-a-generation crossover with its own memes and personalities. I just don’t want to be alone.

D

Deleted member

Because when other companies can’t compete with this... whatever it is.... then they stop trying and my favorite franchises die and I have to play Mario or else no platformers. I have to play Zelda or else no action games. I have to play Arms or else no fighting games. I have to play Splatoon or else no shooters.

I want to live in a world where Mario and Ratchet are neck in neck at holiday sales. I want to live in a world where Sunset Overdrive has just as big a community as Splatoon. I want a world where God of War is just as regular and spectacular a gaming event as Zelda. I want a world where there’s a huge forum dedicated to PlayStation and it’s once-a-generation crossover with its own memes and personalities. I just don’t want to be alone.
Go to some Playstation Discords then.

I am on a few of them, and they do have neat people.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

"I have to play Arms and no other fighting games" is the funniest sentence I've heard in a while. I cannot believe this was actually typed.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nintendo had a lot of competition for years, especially in 90s, when a lot of people in here were kids.

And people don't like Nintendo games only because nostalgia googles. If it was the case, they wouldn’t like their innovations.

Also, solidarity in market is not a bad thing. Definitely much better than meaningless console wars.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
There has to be a PlayStation centric forum or subreddit out there. Sony has dominated the gaming industry since the mid 90s.

As for games competing with Mario, they did! Because the PS1 and PS2 vastly outsold the N64 and especially GCN. The fact that some series are dormant is entirely on their parent companies and owners.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You can’t always get what you want, ya know.

Nintendo gets praise for its ideas because not only does it create new ideas, but it executed them well, if you know what I mean. Perhaps if they didn’t execute them well, they wouldn’t get such praise.

D

Deleted member

Sony is also getting praise in the current years thanks to Spider-Man PS4, God Of War 4, Uncharted 4 and some other things.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know Snake I was willing to let it be a pass but seeing this argument you're having with folks about Nintendo shows how petty you are especially given you intended to block me just because of an disagreement over an video game opinion...Never thought I'd say that...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
"I have to play Arms and no other fighting games" is the funniest sentence I've heard in a while. I cannot believe this was actually typed.
Nonsensical when the Switch by itself has Smash, Mortal Kombat, FighterZ, BlazBlue, and I think the new Samurai Shodown incoming.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know Snake I was willing to let it be a pass but seeing this argument you're having with folks about Nintendo shows how petty you are especially given you intended to block me just because of an disagreement over an video game opinion...Never thought I'd say that...
Ok. I’ll leave then. And this time, nobody will care. I’m sorry I bothered you all. Goodbye

D

Deleted member

Nintendo is nowhere near that successful.

If you want any of those kinds of games you can find them in spades on whatever platform of choice, made by AAA and indies alike. Whether or not they get a big staying community depends on if the game sticks or not. If it doesn't, then that just means it just didn't have the same staying power.

...Also, what are you talking about with ARMS? That's a textbook example of a Nintendo game everyone forgot about, lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

osby

Smash Obsessed

Again: Why should anyone care about what you want?

If you can't share your interests in a constructive manner and resort to bashing more popular things, you'll be alone anyway, regardless of what you like. Stop associating your self worth with the games you play and just try to find fellow minded fans.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, if they show Amiibo costumes, which ones you hope to see?

In my case it would be these:
>K.Rool
>Cloud
>Roy
>Shovel Knight
>Ridley
>Pauline

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I don't even understand believing that there's so little games because of Nintendo's presence. We have so many games available and accessible out there on 4-5 different services with so many genres out there that it's pretty crazy.

Splatoon, ARMS, and Zelda being called the only possible games for their respective genres is simply incorrect. We are overwhelmed by FPSes. Fighting games there's 7-8 on the main stage at EVO from 7-8 different series. Action games are en masse out there, especially in the indie scene.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Shovel Knight gets an Amiibo costume, maybe Plague, Specter and King Knight get some too?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of EVO do you guys think they'll reveal a DLC character there? I'm thinking so based on my prediction.

DLC #2 and #3: E3/June
DLC #4: EVO/August
DLC #5: VGA/December

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom