• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

B2W2 were full sequels from a narrative perspective. USUM were retellings of the SM story.
And people generally didn't like this story as much.
Lily's character in particular was completely destroyed.
Lillie and Lusamine had their arcs destroyed and Looker and Anabel were made entirely irrelevant.

And don't even compare USUM to B2W2 lol.
B2W2 was better than USUM, I think we can all agree.
I am interested to hear why you think Lillie and Lusamine's arcs were destroyed.
USUM in terms of obtaining Pokemon was better than SM.
Skipping the tutorials would have been nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
B2W2 was better than USUM, I think we can all agree.
I am interested to hear why you think Lillie and Lusamine's arcs were destroyed.
USUM in terms of obtaining Pokemon was better than SM.
Skipping the tutorials would have been nice.
They literally removed the Exeggutor Island segment, made Lillie confronting Lusamine feel pointless since they needlessly softened the latter, and she stays in Alola instead of going on her own journey to Kanto at the end.

It's a step backwards in every possible way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't that just every Pokemon game?
I'm not even gonna buy SnS because it's got a guaranteed sequel

Gen 6 was the only gen to cuck us of any sequel game but they hammed zygarde in gen 7 to make up for it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Best Pokemon game for me hands down was HGSS. Something about it was just like what the RE2make is for Pokemon.

It's always the remakes of sequels for some reason

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I actually liked SuMo and didn’t mind Ultra SuMo as much but I’m hoping that the next gen improves by a lot cause even though I liked gen 7 I just don’t wanna replay em or anything. I am lucky that I like just spending the post game powergrinding for fun but i always end up liking going back to games to start them again and I can’t with 7 lol

SwSh is pretty though and I like the starters and it’s certainly my piqued my curiosity so we’ll see.

D

Deleted member

TBH I can't wait for Sword and Shield. Playing Pokemon on my TV is gonna be pretty dang cool.

Until I inevitablely start playing it exclusively handheld because it's more convenient.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A lot of neat **** in HGSS was hidden behind events for legendaries. The goddamn Groudon/Kyogre and Sinnoh bits with Cynthia were A+. Still a fantastic example of good remakes regardless if you could experience it or not but that's still plenty of hours of good content you couldve used. All ORAS had was "fly in this portal and you can maybe fight a thing you knob". Whenever they remake Gen 4 they better not pull that stunt

I'd post a boomer picture to show how much I'm gushing over old **** but this phone is wack

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

B2&W2 are still my favorites for Pokemon. Gen 5 had great designs, fantastic difficulty curves, fun region, great music, and a fun story. I really should revisit it one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i mean if they're all :015: then he's fine because bees have no lungs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Things I want in SwSh that I won't get:
1. Following Pokémon
2. DexNav
3. Battle Frontier
4. Difficulty+Tutorial Options
5. New non-Eevee evolutions (thanks, Eviolite...)
6. Hoenn-styled Contests, but expanded upon more
7. The PSS and not the ****ing Festival Plaza

...I think it's telling that, with the exception of 4, these aren't new features, but dropped ones.
Before I decided to selp my Pokemon Moon copy I decided to give a friend of mine my Magearna as he could use it for whatever, and it really showed how ****ing awful Festival Plaza was. It took us a literal hour to finally get the trade done. Sure, the friend in question is very slow and takes a while to explain stuff but not only was the PSS significantly less complicated, but it's proof how Game Freak's constant pandering to children is bull****. If 2 fully grown adults who are long time fans can't get it to work for an hour, who would a kid know how to trade the Pokemon? They're the reason we keep needing to learn what a Pokemon Center is and how to catch a Pokemon each playthrough yet they replaced something so simple and intuitive with a significantly more complex system that doesn't ****ing work

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Someone have tehponycorn for killing Pokemon and not cutting air holes in those boxes, then. DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon Pokemon abuser!
You try nuzlocking Renegade Platinum and tell me how it goes. Okay hun?

Being serious I've right about had it with this ****ing game. If it were a casual playthrough I'd be having a good time, but this game is easily the hardest I've nuzlocked and I wasn't at all prepared.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Man, I just have to say the music in Ultimate is just such a treat, both the original tracks and the remixes. Yeah, there are some stinkers, but almost all of it's just a joy to listen to. So much so that I listen to a lot of them at work.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also we can say goodbye to regional variants because Game Freak likes throwing the baby out with the bath water to cool interesting mechanics
Oh boy, can't wait for this gen's new gimmick that'll be undercooked and thrown out immediately without further improvement!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey.

Some heavy **** just went down with my family, and it's really affecting me. So, I dunno how many of you are here to read this, but just letting you guys know I might be gone from here for a while. Key word is might. Who knows, maybe I'll be up and at 'em as early as tomorrow, ready to ****post all over again.

But for now, I just need time away. Time to think. See y'all whenever I see ya.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey.

Some heavy **** just went down with my family, and it's really affecting me. So, I dunno how many of you are here to read this, but just letting you guys know I might be gone from here for a while. Key word is might. Who knows, maybe I'll be up and at 'em as early as tomorrow, ready to ****post all over again.

Hope things go better for you. Be well, alright?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey.

Sorry to hear that, hope you can work it out.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey.

I hope things get better for you soon, take care.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey.

We'll be here whenever.

I'll miss ya. I can talk in private if you need someone.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey.

Take your time, hope things get better for you.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't you mean DM Geno? I don't remember if DuckMeat is even an SB user.

Who said this user wanted to be anonymous either? DuckMeat is pretty well known in that case. He clearly wanted to get it out there... in a non-toxic area.

I don't think it was an accident at all. He knew what he was doing and posted it where he wanted to. He's leaking it onpurpose. Not saying he's faking it, though. But he chose a good spot and he wants the credit for it, clearly. Fake or not, he wants himself to be known.

The problem is not everybody is willing to do "the better play". Do you know how many topics we've closed of people making fake leaks on SB? It happens all the time. People don't care as much as you think they do.

You're being too semantic over the leaker/insider thing(I'm aware they're different, but you're missing my point anyway). The point still stands overall; some are willing to stay to answer stuff. Some aren't. Everybody's different and there is no reason to paint them all with the same brush. Not everybody feels the same as you do. The fact DuckMeat didn't post it anywhere else already shows people are different as is. You also have to remember a lot of people that leak don't take the same routes as others. You keep using the term "real leaker", but that doesn't make a lot of sense. If they have real information, it doesn't matter where they go or how they spread out the information. They're no less a real leaker anyway. It's the "no true Scotsman fallacy". Real or not, they choose what they want to choose based upon their own feelings. Yes, smart leakers will remain anonymous. But smart or not smart, they would still be real leakers anyway. Nothing changed besides their feelings of what to do.
If duck meat was leaking intentionally and like you said he believes his info is genuine, then that wouldn’t explain the ads. Unless they paid for them. But if you have info and want to share it because you think it’s real, then there is no reason to manipulate the ad results.

Like I said this whole situation still doesn’t make complete sense one way or another. The puzzle pieces here there sure but the overall picture is not being portrayed imo

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm almost certain this generation's gimmick will have something related to the knights of the round table, which would be pretty awesome. I'd also like to see Pokemon-specific fusions to happen in a later generation (or at least crossbred Pokemon).

I am totally not being the slightest bit sarcastic about this by the way, knowing it'll all be in vain as these ideas get scrapped immediately and the only Pokemon that will get any attention will be the first generation exclusively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom