• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I always thought his trailer should replicate that commercial and then the live action costumes from the first Smash commercial shoe up and throw the first punch, transitioning into gameplay thereafter.
That... sounds expensive.

D

Deleted member

They also fixed the face in USUM, good on them.
Why do people hate this game?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because it was Sun and Moon, with some minor changes.

Immediately after Sun and Moon.

Now Ultra Necrozma was cool, and you know what I think about Poipole, but USUM really should've just been dlc for the original Sun and Moon. It didn't need to be it's own thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because it actively took strides to make one of the few kinda-good main game stories worse, and didn't add much of anything new that couldn't have just been DLC for Sun and Moon instead of a cashgrabby "remake."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like, to put it into perspective, I hadn't missed a mainline game since my true first game with Ruby and Sapphire.

USUM was my first skip.
Edit: Wording

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One, I'm not a supporter of Steve.
Two, I can only imagine the amount of discourse happening in the more popular support threads right now.
One: That's fair.

Two: What discourse? The Steve thread is honestly lacking in it and almost always a very positive and nice place to visit.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know what would be an instant pre-order for me for Pokemon SnS?

SKIPPING.
THE.
TUTORIALS.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
So I just wanna say it's been a pleasure bein' a part of the "Haven't Seen ProJared's Jared" Club, you've been real ones. As a once living legend who wore pink latex said

why has god abandoned us

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One: That's fair.

Two: What discourse? The Steve thread is honestly lacking in it and almost always a very positive and nice place to visit.
Ah, well, I haven't checked out that thread in a very long time, and when I was referring to "Steve," I was more talking about popular support threads that get a lot of traffic. I find arguments tend to break out in those contentious threads in particular, especially during times when speculation is more active and they're looking more and more "realistic."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, well, I haven't checked out that thread in a very long time, and when I was referring to "Steve," I was more talking about popular support threads that get a lot of traffic. I find arguments tend to break out in those contentious threads in particular, especially during times when speculation is more active and they're looking more and more "realistic."
True. Depends the thread. You just had a bad example, heh.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys it’s not big but when I was relooking at the updated fighters pass headline in the news option it turns out the deadline for the pass is February 29th

D

Deleted member

Because it was Sun and Moon, with some minor changes.

Immediately after Sun and Moon.

Now Ultra Necrozma was cool, and you know what I think about Poipole, but USUM really should've just been dlc for the original Sun and Moon. It didn't need to be it's own thing.
Because it actively took strides to make one of the few kinda-good main game stories worse, and didn't add much of anything new that couldn't have just been DLC for Sun and Moon instead of a cashgrabby "remake."
I am unsure in terms of story on how it lost progress.
I understood it could have been DLC, but they did the same with B2 and W2 and those games were fantastic. USUM would be cool either DLC or not DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'know what would be an instant pre-order for me for Pokemon SnS?

SKIPPING.
THE.
TUTORIALS.
Things I want in SwSh that I won't get:
1. Following Pokémon
2. DexNav
3. Battle Frontier
4. Difficulty+Tutorial Options
5. New non-Eevee evolutions (thanks, Eviolite...)
6. Hoenn-styled Contests, but expanded upon more
7. The PSS and not the ****ing Festival Plaza

...I think it's telling that, with the exception of 4, these aren't new features, but dropped ones.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I understood it could have been DLC, but they did the same with B2 and W2 and those games were fantastic. USUM would be cool either DLC or not DLC.
B2W2 were full sequels from a narrative perspective. USUM were retellings of the SM story.
And people generally didn't like this story as much.
Lily's character in particular was completely destroyed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lillie and Lusamine had their arcs destroyed and Looker and Anabel were made entirely irrelevant.

And don't even compare USUM to B2W2 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom