• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also gotta say that 'ad theory' that graizen brought up is genuinely pretty interesting - 99% unlikely, but interesting all the same

it's pretty weird that out of all the characters tested, only four + joker have actually come through with anything

also sorry joker, but uhhh, if this happens, it was good knowing you

1557476625208.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If this thread (or forum) does die out, it'll be a slow death as people disappear one by one, not something that happens over night. Not unless it somehow gets shut down overnight or something, but that's very unlikely.
Okay but consider this: I'm lazy.

I guess I am more qualified when it comes to PT then most people, and if I make a mistake or feel the need to add something I can always go back and add something later. Maybe I'll do one character at a time to break things up and make things easier on myself to. Charizard, then Ivysaur, then Squirtle. We'll see.
If this forum shuts down overnight, someone's going to hit a fever pitch and buy an entire domain and server in the span of like two days just to reincarnate it as BashThreads or something because that's what happened the last time I saw a forum with an active population literally just keel over and die.

Also like, ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind

D

Deleted member

I don't know what to say about Google theory.

They say that it only works for Europeans, but I tried to do the ad thing since I am one without any success.

I only got the ad with Joker, and nobody else talked about gave me it.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
also gotta say that 'ad theory' that graizen brought up is genuinely pretty interesting - 99% unlikely, but interesting all the same

it's pretty weird that out of all the characters tested, only four + joker have actually come through with anything

View attachment 218669
Artorias is cool, and my favorite character from the Dark Souls series.
I would be happy if he's one of the DLCs...
The Dragonslayer is also cool, and also the final boss of that DLC of DS3, I forgot the name.

EDIT: anyway now Banjo Kazooie gives me the AD too, but Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa don't work.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

View attachment 218669
Can’t fathom what would even prompt anyone to try searching Artorias in the first place.

But yeah, the rumor seems pretty bogus.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

View attachment 218669
Artorias would be super rad, not gonna lie. Next best Nightmare-type character right under Nightmare himself.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Can’t fathom what would even prompt anyone to try searching Artorias in the first place.

But yeah, the rumor seems pretty bogus.
i haven't searched back as far as the actual (apparently brief) discussion about it, but what were the main arguments against it? just that it would be ****ing dumb of nintendo to start marketing for all characters at once before 4/5 have been shown off?

i only ask because A) i would play artorias so ****ing hard and B) it's very weird that it only works with just enough characters to fill up the fighter's pass

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
On the subject of shoes I do enjoy a good pair of vans, though always go barefoot when I'm at home

And did anything go down last night (other than ProJared's subscriber count)? Place seems kind of melancholy this morning and was wondering why

D

Deleted member

I know nothing about Dark Souls, so I am lost when it comes to picks from that franchise.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
i haven't searched back as far as the actual (apparently brief) discussion about it, but what were the main arguments against it? just that it would be ****ing dumb of nintendo to start marketing for all characters at once before 4/5 have been shown off?

i only ask because A) i would play artorias so ****ing hard and B) it's very weird that it only works with just enough characters to fill up the fighter's pass
That and the fact that the results are inconsistent for people. Some people can make it work with Doomslayer, some can’t. Googles algorithms are a mystery and we really can’t learn anything definitive from this. I don’t really believe they would include the search words for the characters in the pass this early. It serves no purpose and I’ve never heard of anything leaking like that.

Although if Artorias actually makes it in, I’d have no choice but to believe it. That would be a wild pick.

D

Deleted member

If I am honest, I do tend to go around this site since there are a huge number of people who I enjoy talking and interacting with, more so with the things going on in my personal life taking my positivity deeply down at a constant pace.

If this site does shut down, I would be all in for a Discord where I could keep contact with many of the persons I know and enjoy being with from the site (so far, I have contact on Discord with Goth, Staindgrey, Sabi, Nomad Luminary, NineS, KMDP and some more. I still miss some people like Osby, the other partners from the Erdrick thread, the people at the Crash thread, Wario Wario Wario and some more doh, so I may need to do something regarding them).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If something did happen to this site, I'd probably head back to Serebii or something and get reinvested in the Pokemon community.

I've tried other forms of social media, and at the end of the day I'll always prefer a good ol' message board.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of stages, I know that many of us are basically taken Erdrick as a given, but is there any sort of consensus on what his stage might be? Genuinely curious as I've never played a DQ game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Speaking of stages, I know that many of us are basically taken Erdrick as a given, but is there any sort of consensus on what his stage might be? Genuinely curious as I've never played a DQ game.
Alefgard. It's the setting of the first game and reappears in DQII and III, the other games of the Erdrick trilogy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Battle Theme from DQ8 would be amazing to have in Smash:

It is probably hard to get it in Smash, but still a cool thing to get.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
The European Google thing is interesting because so far it's only worked with Joker, Artorias, Banjo-Kazooie, Doom Slayer, and Ryu Hayabusa. Very bizarre that's it's only worked with those five exact characters. The right number for the fighter pass too.

A fantastic lineup if true, but my gut says this purely coincidental and means little to nothing. Still, it's fun to discuss nonetheless.

osby

Smash Obsessed
After looking at Crafted World playthroughs all the time, he feels naked without his costumes.

D

Deleted member

5 hours since I went to sleep and my forum support thread has no answer
b97cb5bc-abbe-41af-b06a-6fc6f1f5ab39.png

@Shishœ that's your cue
It all started when our dad left us, mom couldn't bear it and my brother was too young, so I was forced to get a job. I was... 10 years old when I got my first job, it was at the... rice fields, and let me tell you, they are not pleasant at all. I had to do the night shift and during night, well, there was this one time this guy showed up with a knife threatening to shoot me and told me to put all the rice in the bag and I told him "I can't, it hasn't grown yet" and he told me "I din't care, put it in, or I shoot you" so then I said "I'm just a ****ing kid man" and he told me "well and I'm your dad so **** you" and then... and... then he took all the rice.
I... we starved that winter because... we had no rice and... I... I need a moment, sorry, it's not easy to tell the story because you see hook car hand door hook
If something did happen to this site, I'd probably head back to Serebii or something and get reinvested in the Pokemon community.

I've tried other forms of social media, and at the end of the day I'll always prefer a good ol' message board.
Currently considering to visit other forums, I've heard Bulbapedia has good ones but I guess I could consider Serebii too, how is it like in there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom