• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
infancy is wearing velcro

childhood is wearing laces because you're cool for knowing how to tie your shoes

adulthood is wearing slip-ons or lock laces because tying them is too much of a hassle
Senior Citizenhood is wearing slippers to walk out the door and shout at the kids to get off your computer-generated lawn.

Bold of you to assume I can get through life.

I can tie my shoelaces but that's it.
That's not a bold statement. This is a bold statement.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I used to wear white shoes, but now I stick to colored or just black sneakers in general. White sneakers go yellow over time, and no matter how much you take care of them, they will stain and they will never come off. They look so ugly because of it.

I threw away a white jacket for similar reasons. It looked nice at the beginning, but it got irreversibly dirty-looking over the years. I wanted the black variant over a decade ago, but my mom wouldn't let me get it because she thought dark-colored clothes was a gangsta thing. ****ing petty, I swear...

I gave it a go and it wasn't working for me. Not sure why either.

I don't buy it honestly.
It only works in certain countries. I used a VPN to try it out, I actually got results.
A962A0F7-A299-4A98-9C5C-082A9289E31D.jpeg
97A3871D-195F-4076-8CB9-09635FB13693.jpeg
03126A41-31A9-4FF3-A312-622A6B260131.jpeg
36E02EEF-4B40-460C-A519-CC29F6634547.jpeg
95E85B8A-C4FF-4299-B5AD-07262576E548.jpeg
0AC6FB46-909E-4F2B-B396-E0954CFCEA85.jpeg
The ad only showed for the 4 characters mentioned in the theory.

D

Deleted member

I wear sneakers but my feet are smol bois, so I just shove them in without going through the whole process!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Watching old Casper cartoons, since it's on and I can't be arsed to change the channel. Feel like it's messing with my writing a bit though.

Your guess is as good as mine. Nobody ever bothered to teach me when I was little, and now I don't care enough to learn.
Eh. Guess after a certain point it doesn't matter much.

I've known how so long it's still hard to wrap my head around it though.

Oh good so I'm not a weirdo

Probably LOL
Hey, if we're weirdos, least we're all weirdos together.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Are you ****ing kidding me after getting heavily criticized yesterday the idiot *** staff did the same **** that everyone agreed was dumb? And these people expect us to believe forum support works
It is genuinely a shame you feel that way. Understandable, but upsetting all the same. If you'd like to PM/tell me personally instead, I'm all ears. If not, I understand that as well. I'm glad those who did decide to reach out to me tonight did so.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Apparently the ad stops showing up after you have clicked on it from what I’ve heard. I tried putting in these same search results again and got nothing.
I didn't click on it anyway, though after a while it stops showing for Artorias too and I have to wait a lot before it appears again. I'm using Internet Explorer to do this test, it's not my usual browser.

EDIT: nothing, I tried them all again and only Artorias gives me the AD.

EDIT: now it appears for Banjo Kazooie too, it even appears more than Artorias... I mean, when it stops appearing for Artorias, it still appears for Banjo.
BTW I think it's just a coincidence... it's just too much inconsistent for being something intentional.
It never appeared for Doom Slayer nor Ryu, and I tried a lot of times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno man.

Look at this thread.

Like... look at all the drama we've had in the past few days.

Today was especially bad, but... stuff like this has been happening for a while.

It didn't used to be like that.
Do you ever worry for the future of the site? Because I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I didn't click on it anyway, though after a while it stops showing for Artorias too and I have to wait a lot before it appears again. I'm using Internet Explorer to do this test, it's not my usual browser.

EDIT: nothing, I tried them all again and only Artorias gives me the AD.
Not sure why. I’m probably going to try again tomorrow to see if the ad pops up again for me.

D

Deleted member

I’m not Swamp, but I do believe that old school style forums are not as popular as they use to be, partly as bigger social media sites start taking their niche.
Honest to God, I'd rather die than let this place die.

Because y'all are so ****ing amazing.

D

Deleted member

My feet are gigantic, so I often have to buy larger shoes, because my feet grow too fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
On the topic of shoes, I only wear slip-on shoes.

Not for any sense of fashion (though I do like the way they look), but because I never actually learned how to tie shoelaces, and at this point, I don't care enough to learn.
Tying shoelaces is actually pretty easy once you know how.

...Not something one could easily describe in text, but pretty easy.

I actually used to wear slip-ons for a while myself, in fact they were my favourite pair of shoes until they got super filthy and damaged, I ended up buying a similar-looking pair of regular shoes.
why though

even in winter?
Anyone who'd wear sandals in winter environments would have to either be stupid or crazy.

D

Deleted member

Medievil releases 3 days before my birthday.

And that is great news for me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I’m not Swamp, but I do believe that old school style forums are not as popular as they use to be, partly as bigger social media sites start taking their niche.
Thought about this a fair bit myself.

Figure my long-form comments are better suited to a forum like SB, but losing ground to other social media for short quips and sharing memes makes sense.

I think we notice that more in the social threads, both since that kinda encroaches on our turf and since we often quote other social media ourselves (Twitter especially).

D

Deleted member

Something cool would be to have Sir Daniel Fortesque in a Soul Calibur game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The amount of activity we get in the social thread is fine. Great, even.

It's in the other sections that's more concerning. RIP character forums. I sure do wish that the Pokemon Trainer forum was more active, the last few times I've been there I learned nothing of value. I'd go to character discords instead but man I really don't like chatrooms. Forums feel so much cleaner and more organized, and reward better thought out posts over random chatty one-liners.

I'm thinking about making my own Pokemon Trainer guide so that this website at least has one good resource for PT mains, but three characters is such a huge undertaking and I'm not sure if I'm really qualified to write such a thing.

D

Deleted member

FFVII Remake also looks good, but I imagine it releasing after this year due to the way it went for KH3.

In the meantime I have Medievil, DQB2, UA3, DQXIS, CTR NF, Team Sonic Racing and some games already out that I still need to play like KH3 or DMC5.

D

Deleted member

If this place actually does die, could we all agree to hang out in a private Discord server or something?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm thinking about making my own Pokemon Trainer guide so that this website at least has one good resource for PT mains, but three characters is such a huge undertaking and I'm not sure if I'm really qualified to write such a thing.
I mean if you're up for it, do it.
You definitely know a lot about PT, so a guide from you would definitely be a good source for anyone wanting to learn the character.
I've been thinking of writing a guide up myself, but I have no idea who I should write it for or if I actually have the time to write one up.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Oh you know... the usual.

Except not really.
this explains everything and also nothing

i was expecting faygo to get thrown into toddler prison again just by point accumulation; i wasn't expecting the thread to get locked, or for it to descend into civil war for about 3 hours

the **** happened

D

Deleted member

SnakeFighter64 also told me that they may reveal the full roster for CTR Nitro Fueled today.

Hopefully they add N.Trance and Tawna.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If this thread (or forum) does die out, it'll be a slow death as people disappear one by one, not something that happens over night. Not unless it somehow gets shut down overnight or something, but that's very unlikely.
I mean if you're up for it, do it.
You definitely know a lot about PT, so a guide from you would definitely be a good source for anyone wanting to learn the character.
I've been thinking of writing a guide up myself, but I have no idea who I should write it for or if I actually have the time to write one up.
Okay but consider this: I'm lazy.

I guess I am more qualified when it comes to PT then most people, and if I make a mistake or feel the need to add something I can always go back and add something later. Maybe I'll do one character at a time to break things up and make things easier on myself to. Charizard, then Ivysaur, then Squirtle. We'll see.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
SnakeFighter64 also told me that they may reveal the full roster for CTR Nitro Fueled today.

Hopefully they add N.Trance and Tawna.
There's at least an N. Trance sticker for customisation, so I'd say his chances are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom