• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Am I part of that problem?
PFFFT.

No, Zinith. You're absolutely fine.

It's not really anyone in particular.

It's more of the lack of users and the general atmosphere...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What I need:
-A Switch (at this point I'll wait E3 to see if the rumors about the Mini version are true)
-Smash Bros Ultimate
-Kirby Star Allies with all the updates, especially the Adeleine one that's the most important of all, the most important update in the history of every game ever
-Mario Maker 2
-Link's Awakening remake
-Enough money to get all that stuff at once.

So far I can't get those because I have different priorities, but the wait is driving me insane (some of them still didn't come out even so I have to wait anyway).

As for the Google "Leak", it's weird, it's unlikely to mean something but I have got the ad by searching Artorias too. Everyone else I didn't get it, then I searched Artorias again and I didn't get it either.
Anyway, of all the list, Artorias is the only one that interests me, and I would be pretty hyped to play as him.
I was in a simlair situation to you last year. I was contemplating wether I should get a Switch or not, I liked Mario and Zelda but I wasn't getting a console just because of these two games. I decided to place my hopes on E3 to convince me, and I guess it did. "Everyone is Here" really was a good marketing tactic.

You also have to keep in mind that the overall landscape of the Internet (and the world in general) has changed over the years.

2013 had a very different atmosphere from 2019.

Some of that change may be from the users, but not all of it.
I guess you could say that's because the internet and real life started fusing together in recent years. The increasing politicization of the internet and the culture wars took it's toll and changed the internet as we know it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
nah i just wanted to know you didn't hate me, and i mean i like seeing you around so
Toaster.

I don't think you've ever done anything to really make me upset at you.

Don't worry about that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
PFFFT.

No, Zinith. You're absolutely fine.

It's not really anyone in particular.

It's more of the lack of users and the general atmosphere...
smashboards

more like politicalboards

how many gender arguments and riots can we reach in a day?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was this it?

View attachment 218638

I pretty much kept this avatar since E3 2014, since I knew things weren’t looking good for Snake being in smash 4 after that PAC-Man trailer.

After losing him and voting for him in the ballot, Snake returning for ultimate was a dream come true for me.
YEEEEESSSS

That's the one! Dude, I miss the old Snake threads...

Edit: And yeah, I legit cried when EVERYONE IS HERE! Popped up with Snake as the headliner. Felt so good.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I dunno man.

Look at this thread.

Like... look at all the drama we've had in the past few days.

Today was especially bad, but... stuff like this has been happening for a while.

It didn't used to be like that.
I apologize for causing a disruption in the thread. I didn’t intend for that. I feel as if I owe the whole thread an explanation for my behavior a few hours ago.

It felt as if a different person took over me. These thoughts I’ve had in my head, they are always there and always present but usually I can just ignore it or guilt myself into not acting on them. But for some reason, it all just came piling on me at once. Recently found out that my ex gf was cheating on me with a good friend of mine while we were together. I also can’t see my sister who is currently under our abusive Father’s custody. On top of this, I work 2 jobs and I’m a full time student. Life hasn’t been treating me well recently. And earlier, I just snapped out of nowhere. It just happened. And that other side of me almost won. But in the end, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. And I don’t know if I’m better off for it or not but I’m here right now and I’m in a different state of mind.

Thank you to everyone who reached out to me and I apologize to the mods for bringing this up again. I just had to clear this up since it’s preventing me from sleeping.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I was in a simlair situation to you last year. I was contemplating wether I should get a Switch or not, I liked Mario and Zelda but I wasn't getting a console just because of these two games. I decided to place my hopes on E3 to convince me, and I guess it did. "Everyone is Here" really was a good marketing tactic.
I'm going to get it anyway, it's just WHEN the problem...
I was hoping for a small price drop eventually, but it seems it won't happen soon, so I decided to save some money and wait until I have enough.
Meanwhile, they announced Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening, and I have to get them!

If the Switch Mini is really cheaper I'm going to get it even day one, it's just that 300+€ + paid online + games is a bit too much for me currently (I mean, I could get it but I prefer to wait for several reasons).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I apologize for causing a disruption in the thread. I didn’t intend for that. I feel ask if I owe the whole thread and explanation for my behavior a few hours ago.

It felt as if a different person took over me. These thoughts I’ve had in my head, they are always there and always present but usually I can just ignore it or guilt myself into not acting on them. But for some reason, it all just came piling on me at once. Recently found out that my ex gf was cheating on me with a good friend of mine while we were together. I also can’t see my sister who is currently under our abusive Father’s custody. On top of this, I work 2 jobs and I’m a full time student. Life hasn’t been treating me well recently. And earlier, I just snapped out of nowhere. It just happened. And that other side of me almost won. But in the end, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. And I don’t know if I’m better off for it or not but I’m here right now and I’m in a different state of mind.

Thank you to everyone who reached out to me and I apologize to the mods for bringing this up again. I just had to clear this up since it’s preventing me from sleeping.
You're good mate. We love you man.
I'm very happy you're alright, and if there's anything I can do to help you out, let me know.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I apologize for causing a disruption in the thread. I didn’t intend for that. I feel ask if I owe the whole thread and explanation for my behavior a few hours ago.

It's cool man. I'm just glad you're okay.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I'm just happy to see you're alright. I was really worried about you, mate.

You need someone to chat to, get your mind off things, just hit me up.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You're one of the ones I could count of my hand King.

I mean, I can talk to these people on steam and discord...

I'm just wondering...

This place is like half ****posts and half depressing/frustrating

Why am I here?
I think there are certainly worthwhile people to talk to on here, which is why you might gravitate here every now and then. I wouldn't be around if I didn't like it otherwise. Stuff just happens sometimes, you know?

I ****post with love. Literally all of my ridiculous antics on here is just court-jester shenanigans with the intent of bringing smiles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's good. I am glad to know you are okay!
I hope the future becomes better for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

It's fine. I'm happy you're alright.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
YEEEEESSSS

That's the one! Dude, I miss the old Snake threads...

Edit: And yeah, I legit cried when EVERYONE IS HERE! Popped up with Snake as the headliner. Felt so good.
I remember EVERYONE IS HERE! Thinking about the snake thread, the despair of losing snake, the feeling of a mission campaigning during the ballot. Can’t say any game reveal has made me happier than when snake showed back up

I went back to look through the old Snake thread awhile ago, remembering old users haven’t even seen in years. Always been more of a lurker, but I felt some kinship with that group.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Good to see you back, mate. All I need to say.
I remember EVERYONE IS HERE! Thinking about the snake thread, the despair of losing snake, the feeling of a mission campaigning during the ballot. Can’t say any game reveal has made me happier than when snake showed back up

I went back to look through the old Snake thread awhile ago, remembering old users haven’t even seen in years. Always been more of a lurker, but I felt some kinship with that group.
HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss , cmbsfm cmbsfm , you, among so many others.

Yeah, that place was my first internet home. Time flies.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
We're cool, Cla. I'm terribly sorry with what you had to go through... As we've seen already, stressful situations push us to do reckless things when don't mean to. Nonetheless, we're glad you're doing alright and what you honestly need right now is some good 'ol vibes to help relax yourself. A cup of tea perhaps, some soothing jazz? Or maybe the sound of a tropical rainstorm?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We're cool, Cla. I'm terribly sorry with what you had to go through... As we've seen already, stressful situations push us to do reckless things when don't mean to. Nonetheless, we're glad you're doing alright and what you honestly need right now is some good 'ol vibes to help relax yourself. A cup of tea perhaps, some soothing jazz? Or maybe the sound of a tropical rainstorm?
He needs a marathon of mlems...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Has the past 24 hours here just been talking about ProJared?
Not the entirety of it.

Like half of it though.

TBH my disrespect for the concept of authority figures means watching someone's career crumble for entirely deserved reasons is absolutely popcorn worthy though so I'm not quite tired of it yet myself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not the entirety of it.

Like half of it though.

TBH my disrespect for the concept of authority figures means watching someone's career crumble for entirely deserved reasons is absolutely popcorn worthy though so I'm not quite tired of it yet myself.
Considering internet celebrities aren't authority figures I assuje this is about the staff having a meltdown

D

Deleted member

I apologize for causing a disruption in the thread. I didn’t intend for that. I feel as if I owe the whole thread an explanation for my behavior a few hours ago.

Don't apologize, just glad to see you here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I'm happy to see you're okay, even if it's only for the time being.

Let me know if you ever want to talk. I've got some casual counseling experience, and I'm always willing to be an open ear if you need someone to listen.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
He needs a marathon of mlems...

Every time I look at that video, I get thoughts of sugary amber-colored hard candy, and it's tugging at my sweet tooth, lmao

Not the entirety of it.

Like half of it though.

And that my friend is what I call schadenfreude
Dante_Faust_Hat.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Considering internet celebrities aren't authority figures I assuje this is about the staff having a meltdown
TBH I've been kinda actively avoiding reading whatever mod discussion went on earlier. And mods aren't authority figures either, they're just nerd herders.

My entire point is that internet celebrities are treated like authority figures when they don't deserve it so it's funny to watch them crash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
projared owned half of the internet and was half of the authority online until her wife snapped and wiped out that 50 percent

it's late and this has been a stream of consciousness ****post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom