• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
A few users and I on another forum are curious about the Google leak. Why does it only work for those four characters?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin ,

Iridium Iridium covered the general idea of what we do. The most important part right now is uploading major tournaments and making sure they accurately reflect the data. This includes adding character usage, and any other relevant information including organizer, prize pot, among many others. The major focus is on being the largest database that stores tournament data for the Smash Bros series. We have tournaments going waaaay back. Such as a Melee tournament bracket from 2002. Basically we have a historical log of Smash Bros tournaments right here on Smashboards! And there's a bunch of cool features too, like viewing set data between players, a recollection of character usage in a particular time frame specified by the one performing the search, and more~

I'm not sure what I can tell you openly on this thread...
You are more than welcome to~

If anyone has any questions regarding the Rankings Team feel free to let me know. I am the Rankings Admin here on Smashboards.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A few users and I on another forum are curious about the Google leak. Why does it only work for those four characters?
you're trusting algorithms as legit leaks tho?????

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin ,

Iridium Iridium covered the general idea of what we do. The most important part right now is uploading major tournaments and making sure they accurately reflect the data. This includes adding character usage, and any other relevant information including organizer, prize pot, among many others. The major focus is on being the largest database that stores tournament data for the Smash Bros series. We have tournaments going waaaay back. Such as a Melee tournament bracket from 2002. Basically we have a historical log of Smash Bros tournaments right here on Smashboards! And there's a bunch of cool features too, like viewing set data between players, a recollection of character usage in a particular time frame specified by the one performing the search, and more~

You are more than welcome to~

If anyone has any questions regarding the Rankings Team feel free to let me know. I am the Rankings Admin here on Smashboards.
Thanks, I discussed it with him in PMs :yoshi:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All the old users I was really good friends with are gone.

I can count the remaining ones on one hand...

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Yeah man, I definitely remember you from there. You had the same avater for like... ever.

Can't for the life of me recollect it though...
Was this it?

9FBAE863-065F-440F-9D2D-F75F9503EB7C.jpeg

I pretty much kept this avatar since E3 2014, since I knew things weren’t looking good for Snake being in smash 4 after that PAC-Man trailer.

After losing him and voting for him in the ballot, Snake returning for ultimate was a dream come true for me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All the old users I was really good friends with are gone.

I can count the remaining ones on one hand...
How old?

Old as in years before you joined, or around the same year so you joined?

Either way I get what you mean. There's users I remember having good times with who had joined at a number of different timeframes that I don't see come around here much, if at all, anymore. Shame, I do miss getting to talk and chat with them, but people have lives outside of here. Everyone moves on sooner or later, or at least end up having less time to pop in for visits.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Final note of the night: If you're a cartoon fan and haven't watched Star vs. the Forces of Evil, do yourself a favor... and start watching Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Show's almost over, so now's a good time to start a binge. :p

And that's that. Have a good night, everyone.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah the game has grown immensely since it's inception. It makes me happy to see the studio that worked on Melty Blood get their big chance and finally strike gold. I'll get this game once the new version drops, it'll scratch my anime fighter itch that I've been having ever since I stopped playing Guilty Gear last year.
Prior to last year, I wasn't really into anime fighters. But after Arc Sys made Dragon Ball FighterZ, a fighting game of my favorite anime of all-time last year, I had to give it a try.

And it's one of my favorite games period outside of Smash.

Now most of my wishlist is filled with anime fighters.

Plus Arc Sys is now making a Granblue fighting game, so you know I'm gonna be all over that ****.

As you can see, Arc Sys is really getting on my good side.

Honestly, the entire thing seems more of a coincidence than anything else.

Could be something the Google search algorithm idk.

The fact none of those 4 are Square characters is... really weird.

Also Wademan94 Wademan94 , it's kinda weird seeing someone else using a T-elos avatar.

You almost make me wanna switch back to another T-elos pic...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How old?

Old as in years before you joined, or around the same year so you joined?

Either way I get what you mean. There's users I remember having good times with who had joined at a number of different timeframes that I don't see come around here much, if at all, anymore. Shame, I do miss getting to talk and chat with them, but people have lives outside of here. Everyone moves on sooner or later, or at least end up having less time to pop in for visits.
You're one of the ones I could count of my hand King.

I mean, I can talk to these people on steam and discord...

I'm just wondering...

This place is like half ****posts and half depressing/frustrating

Why am I here?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mostly laid low and hung around the Shantae thread during the Smash 4 days before going off on my large break and decided to return after Ultimate called me back and now I’m back in full force.

so basically I’m Captain Marvel.

...I’m not sure about how I feel about that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're one of the ones I could count of my hand King.

I mean, I can talk to these people on steam and discord...

I'm just wondering...

This place is like half ****posts and half depressing/frustrating

Why am I here?
Because for some reason, out of every other forum i've visited, this one has some of the coolest internet people you'll meet. Even the new ones.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because for some reason, out of every other forum i've visited, this one has some of the coolest internet people you'll meet. Even the new ones.
I dunno man.

Look at this thread.

Like... look at all the drama we've had in the past few days.

Today was especially bad, but... stuff like this has been happening for a while.

It didn't used to be like that.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
What I need:
-A Switch (at this point I'll wait E3 to see if the rumors about the Mini version are true)
-Smash Bros Ultimate
-Kirby Star Allies with all the updates, especially the Adeleine one that's the most important of all, the most important update in the history of every game ever
-Mario Maker 2
-Link's Awakening remake
-Enough money to get all that stuff at once.

So far I can't get those because I have different priorities, but the wait is driving me insane (some of them still didn't come out even so I have to wait anyway).

As for the Google "Leak", it's weird, it's unlikely to mean something but I have got the ad by searching Artorias too. Everyone else I didn't get it, then I searched Artorias again and I didn't get it either.
Anyway, of all the list, Artorias is the only one that interests me, and I would be pretty hyped to play as him.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Anyone in Europe with no Google account try to replicate the search results to show up?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve been here for almost 12 years...with varying spikes of activity and inactivity.

Egads....

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I dunno man.

Look at this thread.

Like... look at all the drama we've had in the past few days.

Today was especially bad, but... stuff like this has been happening for a while.

It didn't used to be like that.
You also have to keep in mind that the overall landscape of the Internet (and the world in general) has changed over the years.

2013 had a very different atmosphere from 2019.

Some of that change may be from the users, but not all of it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You also have to keep in mind that the overall landscape of the Internet (and the world in general) has changed over the years.

2013 had a very different atmosphere from 2019.

Some of that change may be from the users, but not all of it.
I get that but...

I dunno.

It's hard to describe.

I just feel like I dread reading the social thread more then I should...

swamp

validate me swamp
I mean, you're cool Pyra, but have we ever been that close?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Gosh I haven't seen you in ages.

Where'd ya go?
Hey, it hasn’t been that long. We played Smash together just last month. I come back here to lurk every now and then, but I guess I’ve felt I didn’t have much to add to this thread at this point in time. Plus I’ve had a lot of video games keeping me occupied on top of work.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>try to have an epic drink
>be clumsy and spill
>all over laptop

1491343314665.gif

Why does something bad have to always happen when something good happens to me, goddammit

at least im replacing this computer in a month or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom