• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah, with the little amount of context I have, I can safely say that I still have no idea what the hell is going on.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah, with the little amount of context I have, I can safely say that I still have no idea what the hell is going on.
You would if the posts were still there.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, if we want to see a change, we can just yell in Forum Support.
Does anyone even use that?
But, I am in agreement that something's not right. If you guys ever do something, tag me or something.

Wait, nothing can be seen there? Lol never mind then.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
i don't know if you'll get far but good luck i guess

it seems like you're asking for demotions here, and that's pretty extreme :4pacman:
I'm just tryin' to go down swingin'. Even if it doesn't change anything, I want people to know my thoughts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just tryin' to go down swingin'. Even if it doesn't change anything, I want people to know my thoughts.
People can't see what you post in the forum support.

You'll drown in the silence.

D

Deleted member

Forum Support is what you want. :)
I posted there half an hour ago but got not response so I wouldn't be surprised other threads have gotten no response either.
If the staff wants people to go to forum support, the staff should start responding to them in timely order, otherwise we'll just assume it's useless.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Tomorrow, I’m gonna claim myself a free month of the Xbox Game Pass thing. Any ideas on what games I should try and play from it.

For reference: a list of games is here.

Note that of the linked list, I own the following via purchase or free Gold Game:

A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
All Rare Xbox 360 games in the pass (Banjo, Kameo, Viva Piñata, etc.) via Rare Replay
Battleblock Theater
Fable II and Fable III
Gears of War
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams Directors Cut
All Halo games available (I own 360 Spartan Assault but not One)
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures and Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga
Minecraft
Ms. Splosion Man and Splosion Man (Great series in my opinion)
ReCore
Shadow Complex Remastered (not really, I own the original though...)
Both Shantae games
Spelunky
Both Star Wars Force Unleashed games
Walking Dead season 1 and season 2
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Toy Soldiers Cold War

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
AHAHAHAHA! So is there a place where we can direct criticism to the staff so people don't get their valid complaints deleted? staindgrey staindgrey ?
Forum Support and direct PMs.

An admin explicitly asked for it to not be talked about here so I wouldn't do that. The staff is looking at everything in Forum Support, I assure you.

I really want to emphasize-- if anyone will believe me-- that no one is out to get anyone and everyone just needs to calm down. A lot has happened today. And it's stressful as hell for everybody.

Hell, I'm supposed to be somewhere else tonight but right now I'm sticking here to keep the peace and just help as a mod.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, if we want to see a change, we can just yell in Forum Support.
Does anyone even use that?
But, I am in agreement that something's not right. If you guys ever do something, tag me or something.
The issue with the bolded is that each Forum Support thread can only have one non-admin user in it, that being the OP. It's kind of a big design flaw, IMO, for a case like the bolded is suggesting. But maybe that can be changed. Who knows, really?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I posted there half an hour ago but got not response so I wouldn't be surprised other threads have gotten no response either.
If the staff wants people to go to forum support, the staff should start responding to them in timely order, otherwise we'll just assume it's useless.
Pretty much this, I made a post a while ago and got no results yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bowser vs Donkey Kong. The Mushroom Kingdom version of Godzilla vs. King Kong.

Who wins?

Based on actual feats and scaling. Not Smash tiers.
Sorry to be a party pooper but if anything Bowser would be more akin to Gamera then he would be with Godzilla given they're turtles associated with fire (Bowser breathing fire, Gamera consuming fire in order to heal). :seuss:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

An admin explicitly asked for it to not be talked about here so I wouldn't do that. The staff is looking at everything in Forum Support, I assure you.

I really want to emphasize-- if anyone will believe me-- that no one is out to get anyone and everyone just needs to calm down. A lot has happened today. And it's stressful as hell for everybody.

Hell, I'm supposed to be somewhere else tonight but right now I'm sticking here to keep the peace and just help as a mod.
Not if you just stand there and let people mock you lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Tomorrow, I’m gonna claim myself a free month of the Xbox Game Pass thing. Any ideas on what games I should try and play from it.

For reference: a list of games is here.

Note that of the linked list, I own the following via purchase or free Gold Game:

A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
All Rare Xbox 360 games in the pass (Banjo, Kameo, Viva Piñata, etc.) via Rare Replay
Battleblock Theater
Fable II and Fable III
Gears of War
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams Directors Cut
All Halo games available (I own 360 Spartan Assault but not One)
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures and Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga
Minecraft
Ms. Splosion Man and Splosion Man (Great series in my opinion)
ReCore
Shadow Complex Remastered (not really, I own the original though...)
Both Shantae games
Spelunky
Both Star Wars Force Unleashed games
Walking Dead season 1 and season 2
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Toy Soldiers Cold War
Resident Evil 5.

A lot more, but specifically RE5.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
All that aside, how's everyone's night going so far?

Or day, depending on where you are.
Working on an essay for a writing portfolio that's due tomorrow at 5pm (I'm referring to the entire portfolio). And I have to write a full program for CS due in about 24 hrs.

It's almost midnight now.

Doing great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hm. Well at that point, this is all beyond my knowledge. I'll go to bed and see how this all gets sorted out. Night y'all. Hope things get sorted out without any bans, and I'm serious about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
emphasize
1557459629532.png

Working on an essay for a writing portfolio that's due tomorrow at 5pm (I'm referring to the entire portfolio). And I have to write a full program for CS due in about 24 hrs.

It's almost midnight now.

Doing great.
Ah just remember to keep track of your semicolons you'll do greeeeaaaat.
Time management is important and so is giving yourself breaks- helps make work binge easier.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, so to shift the topic away from the events that transpired more than an HOUR ago and the moderation involved...

What would you like to see in a hypothetical Smash 6 without naming any newcomer fighters?
Adventure Mode

Far more creative potential than a Story mode, IMO

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The issue with the bolded is that each Forum Support thread can only have one non-admin user in it, that being the OP. It's kind of a big design flaw, IMO, for a case like the bolded is suggesting. But maybe that can be changed. Who knows, really?
Yeah, forum support should have threads for very common issues like the spambots and the such, thay way, mods can deal with all of the users at once instead of dealing them one post at a time. That's how support works, find a group that has the same problems as you, and present them to the higher ups so that they can deal with it. It shouldn't be one at a time if you had to ask me.

Plus, I'm lazy; I would be far more willing to sign a petition or something for better moderation than regurgitate what everyone else already said.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Okay, so to shift the topic away from the events that transpired more than an HOUR ago and the moderation involved...

What would you like to see in a hypothetical Smash 6 without naming any newcomer fighters?
engaging gameplay

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Regarding Forum Support, only admins are able to see threads there. It is a location where users can bring grievances against regular moderators such as myself, so it's ideal for regular moderators to be unable to see them. As you can imagine, a great deal of posts are being made there, or have been moved there recently. With only a few administrators currently active and handling many other things as well, some patience would probably help. 30 minutes is generally not very long for forums, though it may feel like a long while in the context of the speed at which this social thread tends to operate.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Are you taking AP Lang and AP CSP? Then you and I must be living the exact same life, because I have those same things due.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I know you guys are very tight knit. And you want to know every single little detail of what's happening with your fellow users. What they've done, what has happened, etc. Thing is, privacy is a big part of the site. If we went out and yelled out what exactly happened and how it happened whenever something happened it would be in violation of said privacy agreement. We try to be as transparent as we possibly can with you guys without violating other users privacy.

Whether you like it or not a users business is their business. What happens to them is between them and us. They can tell you everything they want. We won't though because that would be in violation of the privacy that our users deserve. We LITERALLY can't tell you anymore than we already have. By all means, if you have a grievance for an individual user or mod, you can contact forum support and they'll try to address your concerns as best they can when they can.

All I'm saying is, we're human. We do the best we can in the situations we are given because that's all we can do. Not everything is black and white and we can't be fully transparent because we can't just TELL everyone anything we want.

Anyways, I can't really explain much of it to you guys because it would likely get me in trouble. And it would probably be in violation of our Privacy Policy. By all means if you want to fire away at me in PM, more power to you.

At this time I'd like for us to just move on for now. This doesn't belong in the thread. Best wishes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know you guys are very tight knit. And you want to know every single little detail of what's happening with your fellow users. What they've done, what has happened, etc. Thing is, privacy is a big part of the site. If we went out and yelled out what exactly happened and how it happened whenever something happened it would be in violation of said privacy agreement. We try to be as transparent as we possibly can with you guys without violating other users privacy.

Whether you like it or not a users business is their business. What happens to them is between them and us. They can tell you everything they want. We won't though because that would be in violation of the privacy that our users deserve. We LITERALLY can't tell you anymore than we already have. By all means, if you have a grievance for an individual user or mod, you can contact forum support and they'll try to address your concerns as best they can when they can.

All I'm saying is, we're human. We do the best we can in the situations we are given because that's all we can do. Not everything is black and white and we can't be fully transparent because we can't just TELL everyone anything we want.

Anyways, I can't really explain much of it to you guys because it would likely get me in trouble. And it would probably be in violation of our Privacy Policy. By all means if you want to fire away at me in PM, more power to you.

At this time I'd like for us to just move on for now. This doesn't belong in the thread. Best wishes.
this is obviously bs

gamers, rise and overrun the moderators!! wait how the **** could you even

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
People can't see what you post in the forum support.

You'll drown in the silence.
Is it bad that I'm legitimately afraid of this?

On one hand, I agree. On the other, given recent events is it at least understandable that people would get mad and want to voice their frustrations where they know they'll be listened to?

Regardless, I apologize if I even indirectly messed up your plans tonight. I just hope moving forward things will improve. That's the last I'll speak on this issue for now.

D

Deleted member

You say that it doesn't belong in the thread, but its affecting the thread directly, seems weird that something relevant to the thread cant be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom