• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know what would be awesome?

Every time you are having a horrible time or going through a crisis, there is a button that you can press which releases an adorable kitten or a cuddly animal for your preference (via drone) from the heavens (from Amazon) for you to cuddle and snuggle with. And when you are fine and ok, the kitten assures (via Echo) they are with you in your heart before departing back (via drone) to the heavens (to Amazon).

But why have an adorable kitty to cuddle and snuggle when you have staff who are here to help you out and listen to you. We may not be adorable as a kitty (save for me) but I assure you that we will listen and help out as much as we justifiably can. And I am willing to bet my month’s teaching salary that we are just as cuddly as a kitty.

The staff knows tensions are high in regards to recent issues with some doubt casted on how the site is run but we do assure you that the staff is listening and understands. I know it might seem voices are drowned out or opinions are listened to but they actually do.
Then try to actually be transparent about your decisions every once in a while, instead of just locking the thread and giving us some PR speak in a vain attempt to pacify us.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
isn't it kind of messed up that several people are calling the new lion king movie "live action" but it's actually CG and not live-action at all

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It seems Steve and Banjo-Kazooie got some good results in an unofficial ballot in Japan:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Not that it makes them anymore likely (of course), but it's nice to see them being popular in the East.

Block Boi will dominate with Bear-Birdie by his side.

SO , is this Google Search leak real?
I don't know what leak you're referring to, but there's a strong possibility that it's just Inspect Element.

isn't it kind of messed up that several people are calling the new lion king movie "live action" but it's actually CG and not live-action at all
This gives me hope for the "live-action" Minecraft movie.

It still should've been animated with a story on how Steve and Alex met.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, that's part of the problem. Part of the problem is transparency, but I digress.

So, uh, how about Projared's plummeting subscriber count?
Did you know he built a whole network to get nudes from his fans and even manipulate and lie to have sex with some of them? Because he did.
The truth hurts Opo.
Swamp I thought we were cool but I'm cancelling you for this
There's still a great deal of value in bringing grievances to forum support. If it's a case where one or two admins in particular may have made a misstep, taking it to Forum Support would prompt the rest of the administration to re-examine the cases and see if a policy change is in order for the future. Such a change cannot happen overnight though.
I know that and that's why I made a thread before anything else. I know very well it can work but it ends up being another case of inconsistency from the site: sometimes it works great, other times it simply doesn't work at all.
The threads aren't being ignored. There are potentially dozens of users voicing their grievances and only 2 or 3 admins who are even awake at the moment. The administration needs time to properly address your concerns, and potentially need to confer with each other on the best course of action. If you were frustrated with an admin's actions, would you want that admin to tell you that you were wrong and close your thread? I know I wouldn't.
I'd at least expect a response along the lines "the issue is currently being investigated" or something. At least some acknowledgement because we are in the dark here. If I see an admin post here or anywhere else but not even acknowledge those threads, it sends a bad message.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
CG is the new trend every decade because technology gets 10 times better

it wont be the first and it wont be the last

also disney out of ideas and them baby boomers love to say millennials will take any nostalgia bucks out of disney's teat
It won't be long before we get a live action Mickey movie. It's just waiting to happen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
CG is the new trend every decade because technology gets 10 times better

it wont be the first and it wont be the last

also disney out of ideas and them baby boomers love to say millennials will take any nostalgia bucks out of disney's teat
Sad but true.

Still the animated classics reminds you why these soulless live-action films are pointless when all they could easily do is re-release them but enhanced and kids would still flock to see them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's an attempt to sound more marketable to people who think they're more mature and knowledgeable then they are.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Speaking of Lion King.

The day the soulless live-action remake gets release is the day I'll just be staying home to watch the original animated classic because that's where they're at.
Yo, Whaddup Disney its ya boi sittin' at home watchin' the old Disney movies and eating DORITOOOOOOS
Still vastly applicable to the situation.

I'm sure the live action Lion King will be fine. Can't say the same for Aladdin though...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sad but true.

Still the animated classics reminds you why these soulless live-action films are pointless when all they could easily do is re-release them but enhanced and kids would still flock to see them.
2D is still good, they just don't care for it.

Like damn, the Princess and the Frog was pretty good

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm still in disbelief that they managed to train Lions to fluently speak the English Language.

Graizen

Smash Champion
SO aparently,
Under circumstances, it’s possible to find ads for the fighters pass under google searching the characters Artorias (Dark Souls), Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, and Banjo. There’s some really weird circumstances to get it to show up though.

Yeah, here’s the results. It didn’t work under any other character either. I believe it has to be under like a European VM, and some other assorted bits but yeah, these are likely key words put in by NOE themselves. This is a pretty strong possibility.

Source: https://twitter.com/TheStarbDude

D6LZZ43UcAEi9wY.jpg

D6LZWMsUIAA4nC8.jpg

D6LZlTrU8AAiyRD.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still vastly applicable to the situation.

I'm sure the live action Lion King will be fine. Can't say the same for Aladdin though...
Agree to disagree. All they did was basically make live versions of animals of the film nothing more. Not even any effort as much as Aladdin was especially with the atrocious abomination excuse of Will Smith Genie.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Since we are trying to be more positive now...

Have the best thing ever.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
reminder that the phineas and ferb series and the marvel universes are connected somehow

MCU P & F CONFIRMED?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
SO aparently,
Under circumstances, it’s possible to find ads for the fighters pass under google searching the characters Artorias (Dark Souls), Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, and Banjo. There’s some really weird circumstances to get it to show up though.

Yeah, here’s the results. It didn’t work under any other character either. I believe it has to be under like a European VM, and some other assorted bits but yeah, these are likely key words put in by NOE themselves. This is a pretty strong possibility.

View attachment 218605

View attachment 218606

View attachment 218607
New Theory:

Google Theory.

The theories shall live on!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
SO aparently,

View attachment 218605

View attachment 218606

View attachment 218607
yeah im sorry which ****ing dark souls character is that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
SO aparently,

View attachment 218605

View attachment 218606

View attachment 218607
But what would happen if you did this with any other character like Sora or crash, etc. if it yields the same result it likely means nothing and google is just advertising the pass because you typed smash in in these scenarios and not because of the specific characters

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
But why have an adorable kitty to cuddle and snuggle when you have staff who are here to help you out and listen to you.
Being completely fair with you, I'd prefer the kitten. I have a monstrously large bias in favor of both hugs and kittens.

I also know what you're trying to say and I'm all for it. Y'all are bros.

And seriously the moment you can deploy the kitty-drones I want to be top of that customer list. I will set up a ****ing subscription.

i actually really enjoy the jalapeno cheetos

they are the only crunchy variant of cheetos i find tolerable, but you know ya boi's going for them puffs instead
I'm honestly all for whatever Cheetos people put in front of me. Never met one I haven't liked.

But damn straight I'd be all about it if puffs came in Jalapeno Cheddar.

Or the paws. Paws are pretty good too.

Don't see Goth in the list, statement is safe.

D

Deleted member

SO aparently,

View attachment 218605

View attachment 218606

View attachment 218607
Sounds really fishy :b

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>just googled all of the said character
>didn't get a single ad

1526868912351.png

i swear y'all come up with the weirdest bull**** every week

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know what would be awesome?

Every time you are having a horrible time or going through a crisis, there is a button that you can press which releases an adorable kitten or a cuddly animal for your preference (via drone) from the heavens (from Amazon) for you to cuddle and snuggle with. And when you are fine and ok, the kitten assures (via Echo) they are with you in your heart before departing back (via drone) to the heavens (to Amazon).

But why have an adorable kitty to cuddle and snuggle when you have staff who are here to help you out and listen to you. We may not be adorable as a kitty (save for me) but I assure you that we will listen and help out as much as we justifiably can. And I am willing to bet my month’s teaching salary that we are just as cuddly as a kitty.

The staff knows tensions are high in regards to recent issues with some doubt casted on how the site is run but we do assure you that the staff is listening and understands. I know it might seem voices are drowned out or opinions are listened to but they actually do. We try to improve the site not for own our own gratification and amusement but for the community - you guys.

I have been apart of many different online communities as far as back as 1999. (yes, I’m old) and I have been a mod and an admin of these sites. Some of them were great places while others when defunct. One even canned the whole staff without warning and replaced with staff members who would fall in line more with the owner of the site.

I can’t honestly say that being a staff member of this site, while difficult and at times vexing, has been truly an amazing experience and one that has changed my life for the better. I know of no other community that I would rather belong then to this one. Yes, it changed and has its issues. But it’s these changes and issues that truly makes it a great place to be.
yes but can we have a thread cat though

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm honestly all for whatever Cheetos people put in front of me. Never met one I haven't liked.

But damn straight I'd be all about it if puffs came in Jalapeno Cheddar.

Or the paws. Paws are pretty good too.

Don't see Goth in the list, statement is safe.
i'm more a fan of the popcorn stuff

especially the hot ones

they sell them at a local gas station and i've seen them being sold no where else

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also in terms of whatever the hell happened here.

If people who weren’t around whey at least informed of what happened without dropping names, then this thread would probably have a lot less discussion on whatever the hell happened.

There’s always going to be those who speak out and think it’s some time of cover up or something and curiosity will always get them to cause more discussion. But that’s just my opinion

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay epic. Here you go.

I thought that was a new trailer for Season 4.

>:^(
SO aparently,

View attachment 218605

View attachment 218606

View attachment 218607
You don't seriously believe this, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom