• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/09/a-new-look-at-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Blog Post from Yoshinori Kitase:
Yoshinori Kitase said:
The main staff from the original game have reunited for this PS4 remake, with more details coming in June.

Finally… the long awaited moment has come. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long!
We hope you enjoyed the footage shown during State of Play. It was quite short, but hopefully you enjoyed seeing Cloud and Aerith brought back to life with such realistic graphics.
And oh my god! Did you notice he was there too…?
We are preparing to release more official information in June, but we wanted to try
something new here on State of Play by showing you this special trailer as a taste of
what’s to come.
Stay tuned for more updates about the Final Fantasy VII Remake in the future!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
>Acting like Cloud wasn't a massive ****ing dork in FFVII
Honestly? The two parts that had Cloud show some damn good emotion was Aerith's death and going into his subconsciousness. Other than that, felt like a lot of the time he was just there being semi broody or just there. There are good moments and I do like the character, but emotion isn't something I think of when I think of Cloud.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wonder why they didn't combined them?
In retrospect, I imagine they wasted a bunch of shovelware on the first State of Play to gauge its audience and see if their own version of a Direct garnered the type of audience and media feedback that would justify making big announcements via this format.

Think about it this way: Had they announced FF7 and all their other good games in their first State of Play, only to find that no one ****ing watched it, that could have been a bad scenario that undercuts their own marketing. Better to launch a test dummy first.

D

Deleted member

GUYS WHAT THE **** 70 NOTIFICATIONS YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY

IMG_20190509_184025.jpg

Crazy in the best way possible. I love you guys so much!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Final update on the ProJared situation:

Normal Boots (the channel network Jared was a part of) has officially responded to the situation. Of note is them basically confirming that all the people who are like "i emailed normal boots talking about jared doing some inappropriate **** with me and so normal boots knew what was goin on this whole time" were telling the truth.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just voice over and playing games. Tried playing Stardew Valley early last year, in hopes that maybe a more relaxed game would make me feel better, but it didn't help.
But Voice Acting is somewhat of a career of your's from what I understand, and video games have been shown to be a less than effective coping mechanism.

Is there anything you have even a passing interest in that you could use as an outlet for your emotions? Writing? A sport of some kind? Hiking?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well if you can't stomach one game, move onto another. I recommend a game that actually has an end, like an RPG or a platformer. Something that gives you a goal to look forward to completing. Like I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the past weeks, and I've been invested into seeing what would happen next. A lot of it comes down to seeing what works and not giving up until you find something you like.

It also helps if you have someone people to talk about. The guys on this thread have been supportive and interested in my efforts to complete this 60 ****ing hour long game, so I have people to discuss with and ask for advice.
I tried Stardew Valley because it didn't have an ending. When I finish a game, I don't really have anything to do in it anymore, and I don't have money to buy new games all the time.

D

Deleted member

At E3, we're gomna get 5 seconds of Animal Crossing, and then an announcent of an Animal Crossing Direct airing 3 months later.
I'm really hoping Animal Crossing switch takes place in a city to emphasize a grander experience. Just make you the mayor of New Donk City.

I also hope it adds a local multiplayer feature. There is no reason for the Switch not to allow that in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

To be fair this game was first announced in August 19th, 2018.
Scott kind of has a track record for announcing things early...
Yeah I can't deny that he seemed to announce it a bit too early but it's still only been like 9 months since then, FF7R was announced almost five years ago.

Yeah. It’s being made by Steel Wool in close collaboration with Scott Cawthon. Honestly looks really good.
Yeah the graphics do look pretty good I can't deny that, I wonder what the final product will look like though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
GUYS WHAT THE **** 70 NOTIFICATIONS YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY

View attachment 218464

Crazy in the best way possible. I love you guys so much!
Add me on Discord, let's talk. My user is NateVO#6206.

But Voice Acting is somewhat of a career of your's from what I understand, and video games have been shown to be a less than effective coping mechanism.

Is there anything you have even a passing interest in that you could use as an outlet for your emotions? Writing? A sport of some kind? Hiking?
I mean yeah it's sorta a "career" and I occasionally get paid for it, but it is still fun. As for hiking and sports, I just don't enjoy them. Sports cause me stress because I start to run out of breath quickly, and it absolutely kills my throat, and hiking just feels too boring.
Yeah I can't deny that he seemed to announce it a bit too early but it's still only been like 9 months since then, FF7R was announced almost five years ago.

Yeah the graphics do look pretty good I can't deny that, I wonder what the final product will look like though.
Overall the man makes good games, not perfect, but good, but I do think he should wait a bit later to announce things. The FNAF movie was announced two years ago, in fact. At least he is keeping fans updated on what's happening, and it actually isn't dead.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So
Final update on the ProJared situation:

Normal Boots (the channel network Jared was a part of) has officially responded to the situation. Of note is them basically confirming that all the people who are like "i emailed normal boots talking about jared doing some inappropriate **** with me and so normal boots knew what was goin on this whole time" were telling the truth.
Off topic, but I can't imagine having a Youtube company so large that you need a regularly staffed legal team.

I haven't even, like, made money off mine yet. Jesus.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Watched the State of Play. Never have before, so why not. Thoughts are fairly brief.

Medievil hurt my soul a bit. Yeah, game looks gorgeous, showed off a fair bit of gameplay, but that trailer just seemed soulless for some reason, like they were going down a checklist. Dunno man, just felt no hype.

Away looks gorgeous. Guess we'll see how that shakes.

Monster Hunter's expo looks swank but I don't play it right now.

FF7 Remake's stuff looked phenomenal. I still have worries about the story's conversion, but nothing for that right now, still gotta wait and see.

Didn't really give a **** about the rest, although in Riverbond's defense it looks like it'd be a fun game night pick.

So walked out with less than I walked in with. Little bit worried for Medievil where I wasn't before, FF7R was already hype enough, and nothing else in the lineup is compelling me to dust off my PS4.

Great presentation. Now I see what y'all were getting at with the sass earlier.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Bro, you could always play as Tifa and Barret, it's a JRPG.
Where I'm coming from is that this game is a lot akin to FFXV, and one of my main problems was that you couldn't really play as either Ignis, Gladio or Prompto in the party. Reminder, I played it near Day One.

The fact I can now do this finally is such a huge improvement for my experience.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Kingdom Hearts II designer is working on this game.

D

Deleted member

Overall the man makes good games, not perfect, but good, but I do think he should wait a bit later to announce things. The FNAF movie was announced two years ago, in fact. At least he is keeping fans updated on what's happening, and it actually isn't dead.
Yeah I can't say he makes the absolute best games but he makes good games not perfect but for what they are they're good. I do wonder what's been going on with that FNAF movie though I remember being into the franchise when that was announced and it's still not out. Hopefully it's going well.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm really hoping Animal Crossing switch takes place in a city to emphasize a grander experience. Just make you the mayor of New Donk City.

I also hope it adds a local multiplayer feature. There is no reason for the Switch not to allow that in my opinion.
Woah, an Animal Crossing game that takes place in a city? Let's call it Animal Crossing: City Folk!

I wish the city in City Folk was more like an actual city instead of being just one street

D

Deleted member

Did I do the meme right?

View attachment 218465
Absolutely.

Graphics do look great. We gold an older demo at PAX, but it was a 2018 build, so it’s nice to see how they’ve improved.

As for the finished project, we know it’s going to be a minigame compilation. For example, you can go to fixing Freddy to trying to repair the vents while running from Mangle the rat- I mean Mangle the fox. It’s also apparently going to have lore cutscenes, so we’ll see.

Also, I REALLY appreciate we’re getting both original minigames and VR remakes of already existing games.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah I can't say he makes the absolute best games but he makes good games not perfect but for what they are they're good. I do wonder what's been going on with that FNAF movie though I remember being into the franchise when that was announced and it's still not out. Hopefully it's going well.
Recently he said that he has been working on a script for the movie, and that after loads of rough drafts the script is almost finished. We also got a mysterious image released by Scott. People don't know if it is for the FNAF movie, but it may be.

D

Deleted member

I've cried three ****ing times today

1. My YouTube idol being a horrible, horrible person.
2. Finding out I have tubercluosis and realizing I could die.
3. Getting so much support from the best people on the planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom