• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, how y'all feeling about the PS4 state of play thing?

Think we'll get anything decent? There's rumors about FF7R, rather than just "Never Ever" memes.

Also, if there's one cancelled game you could bring back what would it be? I think I'd bring back that Cancelled Flash game. He'd be a great Superhero to run around a city with.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Dont think guilting someone because they really dont have the means to keep a stay cat is wise lol
Where the heck do you see any guilting taking place? At this point no one is suggesting Venus keep the cat. There's no way they can.
In Japan, you can technically get in trouble for feeding or taking care of stray cats and dogs as they are seen as a nuisance/past. There is a literal van that will drive around looking for stray animals. They catch them, load them in the van, poison them via gas in the van, and drive off their loaded carcass cargo to the crematory.

And since people have been migrating from the ritual towns and cities to places like Tokyo, Osaka, and such - they can’t take bring pets for one reason or another so they easiest, fastest, and cheapest option is to just leave the animal at a park or in nature.

I only know a few organizations and vets who do a Capture, Spray/Neuter, Release thing here.

I took in a stray cat and it literally killed me to rehome him (he was a biter and a scratcher and I feared he would scratch my daughter but he was MY buyer and scratcher). Anyways, maybe I might sit on this for a day and think.

Apparently the kitten is meowing a lot and we have nosy old neighbors who don’t exactly trust me and t foreignness.
Yo that's ****ed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The whole "Kasumi/Joker" argument I made.
i have no ****ing clue what you posted so idk

Been at this current place for about a year. I’ve been in Japan for ten years...
dang that sucks

So, how y'all feeling about the PS4 state of play thing?

Think we'll get anything decent? There's rumors about FF7R, rather than just "Never Ever" memes.

Also, if there's one cancelled game you could bring back what would it be? I think I'd bring back that Cancelled Flash game. He'd be a great Superhero to run around a city with.
breath of the wild treatment

PS4 game and PS5 launch title

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Where the heck do you see any guilting taking place? At this point no one is suggesting Venus keep the cat. There's no way they can.
I mean, it wasn't guilting, but Shiny did say that Venus should keep the cat.

D

Deleted member

Oh we were posting Wholesome Images? I guess I can do that too
Cursed Image 1.jpg

Cursed Image 4.png

Cursed Image 5.jpg

Of course I have more than this but I might get in trouble for posting the other two and even if I didn't I don't want to risk it.
So apparently my wife was followed by a kitten today and came to our house so my wife let him inside (I thought she had taken it home but I misunderstood). I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town. We already had a cat who was pretty rambunctious and aggressive which we rehomed to a friend who had since moved back to america. Again, it was a stray.

So, despite being a cat and animal lover, I’m conflicted by the fact that in 30 minutes, I will be taking this stray cat back to the park where it will most certainly starve.

Am I a bad person?
No you aren't a bad person for not doing something you deem impossible but at the same time are you sure there isn't a shelter or anything around? At the very least try and give it to a shelter or try and see if a friend wants it.

If that doesn't work then you do you, I wouldn't want to see it get thrown out but that call is up to you chief.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So apparently my wife was followed by a kitten today and came to our house so my wife let him inside (I thought she had taken it home but I misunderstood). I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town. We already had a cat who was pretty rambunctious and aggressive which we rehomed to a friend who had since moved back to america. Again, it was a stray.

So, despite being a cat and animal lover, I’m conflicted by the fact that in 30 minutes, I will be taking this stray cat back to the park where it will most certainly starve.

Am I a bad person?
>:

Dear god that's heartbreaking.

Doesn't make you a bad person, just makes it a bad situation. Maybe you can visit and feed it once in awhile?

[EDIT]: Missed the clarification that feeding the stray would be frowned upon. I understand the reasoning, but man that's rough.

And our rental house doesn’t allow for any pets. Even a fish tank.
I'm especially empathetic on that part.

When I first got my place, they opened with the usual - no cats, no dogs, etc. - but didn't outright state no pets.

I asked if I could have a guinea pig. Eleven years later they still have not answered my question.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Maybe it was me being tired but I did see a "you should feel bad for casting it away"

again, Im probably tallking out my ass right now, my apologies, i need to get my ass to bed

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Unfortunately first impressions only go skin deep.
I have a few good neighbors who come out to play with my daughter and give us stuff (strawberries and such). Just a few other neighbors who aren’t exactly cultured people. Found the one old lady going through my trash bag. Asked her what she was doing and she said that I wasn’t properly separated the paper from the plastics. Which I assured her I do. I do general like my neighbors. And I’m the community representative at town hall meetings so there’s that... :/

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe it was me being tired but I did see a "you should feel bad for casting it away"

again, Im probably tallking out my *** right now, my apologies, i need to get my *** to bed
I think they were mostly just joking around about the situation, but understand that the dude can't take care of the cat.

Either way we shouldn't guilt him over either choice. It's a hard choice nonetheless.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i dont give no ****s, i'll talk about anyone no cap

it's better IMO to speak public if you're gonna speak ill on someone's name

Suffering is worse than death.

That's all I'll say.
yes but nobody wants to die

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think I found someone who can take the kitten. I hope they don’t back out...

D

Deleted member

I dunno about gullible, but you desperately want approval.

Like, if you just let your guard down and relaxed, you'd get it, you don't need to try to force yourself to fit in.
I do want approval. I have no friends in real life.
I know, I am not the one who deserves approval and all, but...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But you don't 'need' approval.

No one in this thread has anymore approval than the site's "Okay, you're allowed to post".

Just, stop trying to make people believe that you're this hyper-intelligent and gifted individual, because, take it from me, when you pretend to be uber smart, and can't actually play the role, you look dumb. I'd know.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
start being pesssimistic and self-loathing again and i will go through your post history to prove a point

you either try to fit in as hard as humanly possible or you beat yourself up to get those sick approval points under the facade that you don't deserve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom