• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon would like to have a word with you then.
My high-effort posts get the most likes.

But my medium-effort posts get less likes than my ****posts.

That's just how the game is I guess. :drshrug:
Mmm, those are hard to come by too.

People can site the smash board social novelists like Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon sometimes and I’m not saying their posts are crap (quite the opposite) but I do kinda think because of the notability behind their names and the fact people seem to put people like that on a pedestal for saying a lot in one post that they’ll just naturally get 3 million likes regardless of the quality of their posts.

Vaanrose posting an eloquently worded thesis on why the earth is flat

Probably a great post

Still kinda crap tho

tl;dr I need my ego fed im starving everyone needs to love me
I would hope the amount of likes mirrors the amount of effort and quality.

You are correct that people put too much stock into what people like myself and Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones say though.

See: How many ****ing people used "We Never Saw It Coming" in their posts after I did.

I'm still kinda mad.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So apparently my wife brought home a stray kitten from the park today. I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town.

So, despite being a cat and animal lover, I’m conflicted by the fact that in 30 minutes, I will be taking this stray cat back to the park where it will most certainly starve.

Am I a bad person?
Guess I'll press F for the little kitten in advance.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So apparently my wife brought home a stray kitten from the park today. I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town.

So, despite being a cat and animal lover, I’m conflicted by the fact that in 30 minutes, I will be taking this stray cat back to the park where it will most certainly starve.

Am I a bad person?
Yikes
I am not jealous by your situation

I don’t think you’re a bad person inherently especially considering how much of a moral dilemma this is for you

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Am I a bad person?
Well, I mean, if you can't take care of it, I think you'd be a worse person for keeping it around in an environment you know won't be suited for it.

But at the same time, that cat is adorable, and you should feel bad for casting it aside.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So apparently my wife brought home a stray kitten from the park today. I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town. We already had a cat who was pretty rambunctious and aggressive which we rehomed to a friend who had since moved back to america. Again, it was a stray.

Am I a bad person?
Could you possibly find a way to keep the kitten?

I think it could be good for your kid to have an animal around them growing up.

Do anything other than let it starve.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Am I a bad person?
Ah, a moral dilemma. No. If you're forced too and you can't undergo the ways of doing it in the best way you can, not really.

I adopted a stray dog that was out on the Highway on I-385. She was a puppy and honestly I didn't know what I was thinking but she was in the streets and I didn't want to see a dog get hit. I took her home, cleaned her up, and all that. She's a year old now, I think, just by going off how much she has grown. Though just because I did doesn't ignore the fact that tens or maybe hundreds of people passed and refused to do the same. If you can't, you just can't. I was able to, and now she lives in my house.

You could also ask neighbors and whatnot if they want to tag with them for now.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So apparently my wife brought home a stray kitten from the park today. I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town. We already had a cat who was pretty rambunctious and aggressive which we rehomed to a friend who had since moved back to america. Again, it was a stray.

Am I a bad person?
Not the cat! Anything but the cat!

Reminds me of the time when, 9 years ago, there was this cat trying to enter my house. It was adopted by my Aunt. I think it passed away or was given away. I can’t remember.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Calling in Red Rescue Team:

View attachment 217943

I feel like mine was more than a little objectivizing, which I won't lie made me feel weirder than normal posting it. If there's another connotation beyond that though I'm unaware of it.

That said if there's any offense taken to it for any reason, I apologize.
Im going to steal that mans rabbit and no one is going to stop me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You can always make new friends, and keep in contact with the people here without staying here.

I've done that.
I would agree that sometimes its best to move to a different site, that's what I did with Capcom Unity since it felt almost like a ghost town after UMVC3.

But for some people that's harder to do.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So apparently my wife was followed by a kitten today and came to our house so my wife let him inside (I thought she had taken it home but I misunderstood). I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town. We already had a cat who was pretty rambunctious and aggressive which we rehomed to a friend who had since moved back to america. Again, it was a stray.

Am I a bad person?
It's a tough call, but that's the way it's gotta be. You're not doing it out of malice.

D

Deleted member

Am I a bad person?
Hmm, I highly recommend you take care of the cat.
If it gets too difficult, try moving out of town to find that place.
No, you will not be a bad person.

D

Deleted member

Don't do that. This is the kind of thing I am trying to avoid. Schnee may have a huge problem with me, and that is okay, it is their right to voice their opinion, which was the whole point of my argument anyway.

I appreciate the few of you leaping to my defense, really, but don't worry about it. My skin may be silky-soft, but it is thick from a pretty diverse past. I don't care if people can't take my word on how I feel about the world and its issues. I have a fiance that knows my heart and I have friends that know my heart and beliefs. That is good enough for me. If people want to try and give me grief for wanting to get out of a conversation that I believe is going nowhere and therefore want no more part in, then so be it.

This is also partly why I dissuade this kind of conversation here in the first place.
Look I always appreciate the mods here, but at the same time I am frankly ignorant of many of these issues so I dont understand why people like or dislike your job.

I personally feel that the way you approach the situation is reasonable and really I feel that you alongside many people here take the best approach possible given that you try listening.

D

Deleted member

If I read this right.

Calling Black people Chocolate isnt really a slur in the states. A lot of black people even argue chocolate is the best flavor. :p
It's always been used as a sort of slur here(alongside other food comparisons...) so it's kinda weird to see it being used in the opposite way(so maybe it was reclaimed?)
But good to know the "chocolate" memes aren't made with racist connotations then.
If you feel that strongly, perhaps you should leave and find somewhere you feel the moderation is better.
And speaking of problematic historical Brazilian stuff...
This is really not a good post because it reads just like the propaganda from back our Military Dictatorship.
"Brazil, love it or leave it."
We should strive to improve the places we live in. If you leave a flawed system instead of criticizing it to change it, then that system have won. And if we continue to do that, that evil will simply spread without end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So apparently my wife was followed by a kitten today and came to our house so my wife let him inside (I thought she had taken it home but I misunderstood). I love cats but we have no way or means to keep a cat. Plus, with a one year old as well, it’s asking for trouble. And no one else wants a cat either. While there are places that will take in stray cats and dogs and try to rehome them in Japan, there aren’t any in other rinkydink town. We already had a cat who was pretty rambunctious and aggressive which we rehomed to a friend who had since moved back to america. Again, it was a stray.

Am I a bad person?
nah, you aint bad. You dont have space, have the wrong accomidations, there is no place to bring it. Only thing I can think of is to set it back free

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I would hope the amount of likes mirrors the amount of effort and quality.

You are correct that people put too much stock into what people like myself and Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones say though.

See: How many ****ing people used "We Never Saw It Coming" in their posts after I did.

I'm still kinda mad.
I wasn’t picking on you, I was just picking on the people who idolize anyone who takes the time to make a quality post that’s massive regardless of whether or not they read them

You know it happens

I don’t really have the energy to read through long posts myself, and I know it’s the case for others, which is why I personally tend towards making my points shorter even if sacrificing detail.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Could you possibly find a way to keep the kitten?

I think it could be good for your kid to have an animal around them growing up.

Do anything other than let it starve.
Financially, we wouldn’t be able to keep the kitten. Being a stray, it probably has worms and other parasites that could harm our daughter before we were to take it to the vet. And our rental house doesn’t allow for any pets. Even a fish tank.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look I always appreciate the mods here, but at the same time I am frankly ignorant of many of these issues so I dont understand why people like or dislike your job.

I personally feel that the way you approach the situation is reasonable and really I feel that you alongside many people here take the best approach possible given that you try listening.
Dude if I was allowed to talk politics here and have the debate hall not be completely dead then I would be over here like I own the Ben Shapiro show or something. Just a little loser spending his days talking about politics on the internet instead of doing anything useful.

It's at least better than nothing. :4pacman:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
That's why I wanted to major in Anthropology at first. Humans are weird and culture is weirder and it's fun to study it. If only they ****ing paid good money for it otherwise I'm over here in nuclear science gang.
Ugh, I love history and originally wanted to major in it, but I know I’m gonna be out of luck if I want to feed myself. Unfortunately I don’t really have the mathematical mind to major in science or engineering either.

I guess the main problem is I have no idea what I want to do.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wasn’t picking on you, I was just picking on the people who idolize anyone who takes the time to make a quality post that’s massive regardless of whether or not they read them

You know it happens

I don’t really have the energy to read through long posts myself, and I know it’s the case for others, which is why I personally tend towards making my points shorter even if sacrificing detail.
When a text wall gets posted "a moment ago" and it already has several likes:

read it.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's always been used as a sort of slur here(alongside other food comparisons...) so it's kinda weird to see it being used in the opposite way(so maybe it was reclaimed?)
But good to know the "chocolate" memes aren't made with racist connotations then.

And speaking of problematic historical Brazilian stuff...
This is really not a good post because it reads just like the propaganda from back our Military Dictatorship.
"Brazil, love it or leave it."
We should strive to improve the places we live in. If you leave a flawed system instead of criticizing it to change it, then that system have won. And if we continue to do that, that evil will simply spread without end.
Funny. It's like we switched sides of our previous argument. Lol.

Point taken though.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You know it happens

Nah I know that. I totally agree with you too.
Financially, we wouldn’t be able to keep the kitten. Being a stray, it probably has worms and other parasites that could harm our daughter before we were to take it to the vet. And our rental house doesn’t allow for any pets. Even a fish tank.
This is really a Catch 22 then, huh?

Could you drive to a shelter then? I know there's not one in your town, but surely there's one nearby-ish that you can turn to.

D

Deleted member

Calling in Red Rescue Team:

View attachment 217943

I feel like mine was more than a little objectivizing, which I won't lie made me feel weirder than normal posting it. If there's another connotation beyond that though I'm unaware of it.

That said if there's any offense taken to it for any reason, I apologize.
Don't worry about it, the reason I didn't quote anyone in particular was because I wasn't assuming any ill-intent anyways and was suspecting there were no such connotations in other places

D

Deleted member

Am I a bad person?
Isnt it possible to go to a shelter? Dunno how far is the closest to your town.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In Japan, you can technically get in trouble for feeding or taking care of stray cats and dogs as they are seen as a nuisance/past. There is a literal van that will drive around looking for stray animals. They catch them, load them in the van, poison them via gas in the van, and drive off their loaded carcass cargo to the crematory.

And since people have been migrating from the rural towns and cities to places like Tokyo, Osaka, and such - they can’t take bring pets for one reason or another so they easiest, fastest, and cheapest option is to just leave the animal at a park or in nature.

I only know a few organizations and vets who do a Capture, Spray/Neuter, Release thing here.

I took in a stray cat and it literally killed me to rehome him (he was a biter and a scratcher and I feared he would scratch my daughter but he was MY buyer and scratcher). Anyways, maybe I might sit on this for a day and think.

Apparently the kitten is meowing a lot and we have nosy old neighbors who don’t exactly trust me and t foreignness.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Honestly, no matter where you take it, I think it's best to get the cat out of your house as soon as possible. Not out of malicious intent, but just because it'll be that much worse if the cat starts gettin' comfy in your house, and then tries to come back.

Like I said, keepin' it in a place that you know won't be suited for it is a real bad idea.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is it bad if I ask someone what their opinion is on the said topic?
being trans or keeping pets?

In Japan, you can technically get in trouble for feeding or taking care of stray cats and dogs as they are seen as a nuisance/past. There is a literal van that will drive around looking for stray animals. They catch them, load them in the van, poison them via gas in the van, and drive off their loaded carcass cargo to the crematory.

And since people have been migrating from the ritual towns and cities to places like Tokyo, Osaka, and such - they can’t take bring pets for one reason or another so they easiest, fastest, and cheapest option is to just leave the animal at a park or in nature.

I took in a stray cat and it literally killed me to rehome him (he was a biter and a scratcher and I feared he would scratch my daughter but he was MY buyer and scratcher). Anyways, maybe I might sit on this for a day and think.

Apparently the kitten is meowing a lot and we have nosy old neighbors who don’t exactly trust me and t foreignness.
dude havent you been living there for like 2 years or something

what the **** do they have against americans

Double K

Smash Lord
In general you should not try and take in stray kittens

This isnt to be heartless, its likely because their mother is just not around and the kitten was just left on its own for a bit. Kittens sometimese just follow people as well, so it's probably fine to bring back to the park

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
being trans or keeping pets?

dude havent you been living there for like 2 years or something

what the **** do they have against americans
Been at this current place for about a year. I’ve been in Japan for ten years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom