• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I made an old ass moveset for Starforce Mega Man a few years back, I think I'm wondering if I should bother trying to update it and add it to my thread. I know what a good chunk of the moves will be too. Guess it depends on how much free time I got.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They remember the locations of wildlife sanctuaries and take their wounded there.

They hold funerals for their fallen herd members.

Elephants are just rad.
That they are.

So many people don't realize the potential of a killer creature flick that could be done with an elephant.

And a hippo as well which I'm surprised at least one hasn't been done...

Tis too bad when people thinks of them they're cute and cuddly...-_- Always have to focus on the sharks apparently...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know how it's seen elsewhere considering some black people have replied to those posts without seeing much of a problem, but comparing black people chocolate is making me really uncomfy due to the history it has in Brazil, so I just want to make sure it doesn't have the same connotations elsewhere.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You can disagree w/ her opinions, but there's no reason to throw shade at her when she's just stating her beliefs and doing her job as an admin.
Her beliefs are contradictory (as with other so-called "Allies"), one can't claim to be an ally but then say that human rights should be debated with Nazis and my opinion on the moderation of this place as a whole is still deep in the ****ter.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Dude, I literally just popped in a minute prior to making that post, and you made the realization post litrally seconds before I hit send. You can't expect everyone to spend 15 minutes to catch up when theye see something really quesetionable right in front of them
Double K says "are you stupid" is an attack regardless of context. I don't like being called dumb concerning my beliefs. My ideals stayed constant the whole time, but I misinterpreted the scope of the trans rights issue.

I hate to break it to you but yes... that does mean they’re delusional. Trans people aren’t some fantasy creature they’re real people regardless what anybody thinks and to think otherwise is absolutely disgusting.
I over generalized. By this I mean people who believe everybody's gender is the one that is assigned from birth. Not the straw man you presented of a "fantasy creature".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>graduation ceremony is tomorrow
>throat feels wack so i go to the doc
>ay my dude you got contagious strep lol

1530414388448.png

D

Deleted member

You are not. There are people who genuinely don't believe in trans people. That doesn't mean their delusional, because it's an opinion. Human rights are a fact, but trans rights additional to that is an opinion that people have debates over.

"Trans rights shouldn't have human rights" is hate speech, yes. But transphobia is still an opinion that people have, whether it is right or wrong. You and I both may agree that transphobia is terrible, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hate speech is only hate speech if you actually use it in speech. Things can be believed and not said, and while we may disagree with their beliefs, those who have them certainly, genuinely believe themselves to be in the right. And it becomes an opinion.

This is where we are going to agree to disagree. Those people who have believed such their whole life and do not mean ill will against anybody will one day express their ideas respectful and thoughtfully. T h i s i s n o t h a t e s p e e c h. Transphobic people don't exist to simply force their ideas upon anybody; in fact, I don't know a single transphobic person who has subjected somebody to such.

This is about to get really meta. Whether you realize it, the thought process that "trans rights is not an opinion, but fact" is in fact an opinion. Look at the Middle East, they certainly don't believe in trans rights. I guess they become the opposing argument for this matter. (Yes, I am aware that this is a really low blow that I'm sure trans people here all too often as a case against them. However, I don't intend to use this as a case against trans rights, because I am for such, but it is being used to show that it isn't a "guaranteed", it isn't "assumed". Civil Rights is an opinion that has been turned into law, yet racism still exists. That is the opposing viewpoint, no matter how disrespectful it is. It shouldn't be written off as invalid just because it isn't moral, and it isn't guaranteed to be used as hate speech, even though blatant attempts of trolling has led us to assume otherwise.)

I don't mean to spread hate. Please do not interpret the previous as such.

--------------------------------------------

Off-topic, but @Moydow , have you always identified as non-binary? I am fairly sure I remember you labeling yourself as female, but I couldn't be sure. Same goes to Pyra Pyra , because your author description that I'm fairly sure you wrote uses male pronouns, yet you stated before that you were non-binary now (?)
Trans rights are human rights, you are just mean.
Transphobes are spreading their evil ideas all of the time. Trans people are human, of course they deserve rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know how it's seen elsewhere considering some black people have replied to those posts without seeing much of a problem, but comparing black people chocolate is making me really uncomfy due to the history it has in Brazil, so I just want to make sure it doesn't have the same connotations elsewhere.
If I read this right.

Calling Black people Chocolate isnt really a slur in the states. A lot of black people even argue chocolate is the best flavor. :p

Her beliefs are contradictory (as with other so-called "Allies"), one can't claim to be an ally but then say that human rights should be debated with Nazis and my opinion on the moderation of this place as a whole is still deep in the ****ter.
If you feel that strongly, perhaps you should leave and find somewhere you feel the moderation is better.

Double K

Smash Lord
Transphobes are spreading their evil ideas all of the time. Trans people are human, of course they deserve rights.
Dude, I was literally seconds late to the party with that post, you're like 15 minutes late...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
H O W F A R B E H I N D A R E Y O U ?!?

Also I don't appreciate being called such, as I just elaborated to Double K. Could you please stop? Thanks. I never said I was anti-trans, but just that the concept of trans rights was an opinion.

D

Deleted member

H O W F A R B E H I N D A R E Y O U ?!?

Also I don't appreciate being called such, as I just elaborated to Double K. Could you please stop? Thanks. I never said I was anti-trans, but just that the concept of trans rights was an opinion.
Saying that trans rights are not human rights is literally anti-trans.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I made an old *** moveset for Starforce Mega Man a few years back, I think I'm wondering if I should bother trying to update it and add it to my thread. I know what a good chunk of the moves will be too. Guess it depends on how much free time I got.
Aw man I love starforce.
I would definitely be down for that, especially how it's one of the few megamen that can teleport up close and blast people.

Favorite noise form is probably Rogue for that reason in fact.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well, people started this Kasumi thing randomly too. And it was lewded.
Also, look at some of my Joker posts. They are not that bad.
My bigger problem was with the "straight" argument you were starting to make.
No, not all your Joker posts are bad. Some are, some aren't.
Same could be said w/ the Kasumi posters. (Notice how I haven't shown off a single piece of Kasumi art in my posts or my pfp).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Idk who thinks its offensive when we call our skin chocolate in the first place
Shish said Brazil does cause of its history. But the States didnt have that part of its history so its not seen as bad here.

No big deal. Different countries have different experiences with stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom