• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay, but the entire point of "trans rights" is the idea that trans people still deserve human rights, and should not be denied those rights just because they're transgender, because they're still human. Ergo, the statement "trans rights" is a fact, because transgender individuals deserve human rights.

Your argument seems to be based on the idea that we're arguing transgender people deserve SPECIAL rights just for being trans, which is not the case at all. Also, your whole spiel basically amounts to "transphobia exists, and those people are valid", and that's real ****ed up, buddy.
so you're telling me that trans rights is just short for "trans people are human and deserve normal rights"...
cluck, guess i was looking too far into it i guess...

Of course trans people deserve human rights, that is a fact.

Your argument seems to be based on the idea that we're arguing transgender people deserve SPECIAL rights just for being trans, which is not the case at all.
That is exactly what I was doing. Sorry for the misinterpretation (I mean it was delivered quite harshly, would have enjoyed a respectful "you're wrong", but still)

"Trans rights shouldn't have human rights" is hate speech, yes. But transphobia is still an opinion that people have, whether it is right or wrong. You and I both may agree that transphobia is terrible, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hate speech is only hate speech if you actually use it in speech. Things can be believed and not said, and while we may disagree with their beliefs, those who have them certainly, genuinely believe themselves to be in the right. And it becomes an opinion.
Read this paragraph again ^^ where I state my opinions before bashing on me ., .,

that's real ****ed up, buddy.
because I obv misinterpreted the meaning of trans rights.

Also, your whole spiel basically amounts to "transphobia exists, and those people are valid", and that's real ****ed up, buddy.
There is no such thing as an invalid opinion. If it exists, then there must be a reason for its existence. Don't shoot the messenger.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hoo boy, I'm might get a bit of flack for these posts, but at this point, **** it.

If I said "I love Kasumi!", everyone would be happy with me.

If I said "I love Joker!", everyone would say "OHH SHINY STOP DOING THIS, I AM GOING TO IGNORE YOU HAH HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?".

Stupid straight bias.
Shiny. No.

The reason why people were uncomfortable w/ your constant Joker posting is b/c you kept randomly posting it w/o any context. And it came off as incredibly lewd virtually every time.

Yes, I do agree that the Kasumi posting can be annoying at times...

But don't even start w/ the "straight" argument you're trying to make. Because it will not end well.

I'm not gonna show respect to a Centrist that just said human rights are up for debate and then wants out of that discussion, Admin or not.

I can't take anyone's word that they're pro-trans when they post **** like that.
All I'm gonna say in this case is just let Cyn be in this case.

You can disagree w/ her opinions, but there's no reason to throw shade at her when she's just stating her beliefs and doing her job as an admin.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you wanna bring the Cornposting but the Heated Momento is too caliente
20190508_205634.png

I just wanted to pour sauce on the cookies...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyways, for those who want to have a lighthearted fun time, there's always the...

:ultmegaman:MEGA MAN 2ND CHARACTER THREAD!!:ultmegaman:

I'm always down to have people post their movesets, their favorite tracks or any alt colors they think the character(s) of their choice should have.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Human rights are a fact, but trans rights additional to that is an opinion that people have debates over.
Hey, thanks Double K Double K for grabbing that quote I needed for Hinata Hinata ! Thanks!

Trans rights are human rights, don't be stupid
Also, this is actually really offending, given that you just missed the last 5 pages of discussion and you didn't have the chance to fully realize my thought process in the whole matter. Like honestly, after Hinata helped me understand the whole issue about trans rights, I do interpret this as an attack. Like not even joking, but I'll try to joke it off.

don't be stupid
No u

D

Deleted member

Prove it. Quote them.
I do not want to make others mad at me, are you sure?
Shiny. No.

The reason why people were uncomfortable w/ your constant Joker posting is b/c you kept randomly posting it w/o any context. And it came off as incredibly lewd virtually every time.

Yes, I do agree that the Kasumi posting can be annoying at times...

But don't even start w/ the "straight" argument you're trying to make. Because it will not end well.
Well, people started this Kasumi thing randomly too. And it was lewded.
Also, look at some of my Joker posts. They are not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, world keeps getting weird. An elephant in china rampaged due to not being able to find a girlfriend.

This is the society we live in.
Oh that's nothing.

There was apparently one case where this man tortured this elephant since it was a baby. 20 years later said elephant came across said man again remembering him and attacked him out of revenge.

As the old going says. An elephant never forgets.

I recall there's been cases of elephants actually even eating people out of revenge. One case of an mother elephant doing so in revenge of her calf being killed.

This **** here is why a killer elephant flick would be legit.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There are people who genuinely don't believe in trans people. That doesn't mean their delusional, because it's an opinion.
I hate to break it to you but yes... that does mean they’re delusional. Trans people aren’t some fantasy creature they’re real people regardless what anybody thinks and to think otherwise is absolutely disgusting.

Double K

Smash Lord
Hey, thanks Double K Double K for grabbing that quote I needed for Hinata Hinata ! Thanks!

Also, this is actually really offending, given that you just missed the last 5 pages of discussion and you didn't have the chance to fully realize my thought process in the whole matter. Like honestly, after Hinata helped me understand the whole issue about trans rights, I do interpret this as an attack. Like not even joking, but I'll try to joke it off.

No u
Dude, I literally just popped in a minute prior to making that post, and you made the realization post litrally seconds before I hit send. You can't expect everyone to spend 15 minutes to catch up when theye see something really quesetionable right in front of them

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
D

Deleted member

fam everyone who unironically talks about boning kasumi gets roasted for it what
Really?
I have seen a lot of posts talking about Kasumi in some sort of sexual way, and they get praised.
Do you have evidence? I hope you are correct.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh that's nothing.

There was apparently one case where this man tortured this elephant since it was a baby. 20 years later said elephant came across said man again remembering him and attacked him out of revenge.

As the old going says. An elephant never forgets.

I recall there's been cases of elephants actually even eating people out of revenge. One case of an mother elephant doing so in revenge of her calf being killed.

This **** here is why a killer elephant flick would be legit.
They remember the locations of wildlife sanctuaries and take their wounded there.

They hold funerals for their fallen herd members.

Elephants are just rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom