• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nice convenient "out" you have there.
schnee i'ma have to break with you on this one

unless i'm missing an obvious/inside joke this feels a lil disrespectful

i mean this ain't some randomass transphobe this is cyn

she's chill she didn't say **** iirc

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
do not nom the squid

they are friends, not food
1521766918784.jpg

I feel like you have grossly miscalculated the target of my statement.

You may do both.

"The Oreo Pokemon is said to regenerate whatever chunks are eaten from it. People simply cannot resist nomming the bizarre cookie and cream-like texture that makes up 80% of it's body, which is strangely edible."

This text has been quoted from Oreon's Pokedex Entry from Pokemon Gun.
009.gif

Best day best day best day best day best day.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Pretty much what happens whenever I walk in and see these threads with their glorious pages and pages of non-stop debating.
Thread_on_fire.png

I'm being sarcastic btw, lmao

I just like chocolate

Perhaps too much
Yeah, chocolate is great...
T-elos_Negresco.jpg

...especially Ghirardelli's brand! Downtown Disney Florida has a place for it, and you can practically smell the chocolate they make if you're close to the entrance.

(Speaking of which, I'm surprised this pic is so big O_o )

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You may do both.

"The Oreo Pokemon is said to regenerate whatever chunks are eaten from it. People simply cannot resist nomming the bizarre cookie and cream-like texture that makes up 80% of it's body, which is strangely edible."

:098::ultcorrinf:INFINITE RESOURCES:ultcorrinf::098:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Please tell me I'm misunderstanding this sentence.
You are not. There are people who genuinely don't believe in trans people. That doesn't mean their delusional, because it's an opinion. Human rights are a fact, but trans rights additional to that is an opinion that people have debates over.

"Trans people shouldn't have rights" isn't an opinion, it's just hate speech and I really don't see how it can be seen as anything but. Some "opinions" just aren't acceptable and shouldn't be treated as if they are.
"Trans rights shouldn't have human rights" is hate speech, yes. But transphobia is still an opinion that people have, whether it is right or wrong. You and I both may agree that transphobia is terrible, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hate speech is only hate speech if you actually use it in speech. Things can be believed and not said, and while we may disagree with their beliefs, those who have them certainly, genuinely believe themselves to be in the right. And it becomes an opinion.

This is where we are going to agree to disagree. Those people who have believed such their whole life and do not mean ill will against anybody will one day express their ideas respectful and thoughtfully. T h i s i s n o t h a t e s p e e c h. Transphobic people don't exist to simply force their ideas upon anybody; in fact, I don't know a single transphobic person who has subjected somebody to such.

This is about to get really meta. Whether you realize it, the thought process that "trans rights is not an opinion, but fact" is in fact an opinion. Look at the Middle East, they certainly don't believe in trans rights. I guess they become the opposing argument for this matter. (Yes, I am aware that this is a really low blow that I'm sure trans people here all too often as a case against them. However, I don't intend to use this as a case against trans rights, because I am for such, but it is being used to show that it isn't a "guaranteed", it isn't "assumed". Civil Rights is an opinion that has been turned into law, yet racism still exists. That is the opposing viewpoint, no matter how disrespectful it is. It shouldn't be written off as invalid just because it isn't moral, and it isn't guaranteed to be used as hate speech, even though blatant attempts of trolling has led us to assume otherwise.)

I don't mean to spread hate. Please do not interpret the previous as such.

--------------------------------------------

Off-topic, but Moydow Moydow , have you always identified as non-binary? I am fairly sure I remember you labeling yourself as female, but I couldn't be sure. Same goes to Pyra Pyra , because your author description that I'm fairly sure you wrote uses male pronouns, yet you stated before that you were non-binary now (?)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pretty much what happens whenever I walk in and see these threads with their glorious pages and pages of non-stop debating.
View attachment 217891
I'm being sarcastic btw, lmao

View attachment 217896
...especially Ghirardelli's brand! Downtown Disney Florida has a place for it, and you can practically smell the chocolate they make if you're close to the entrance.

I mean

Chocolate ladies are fine too
smugfish.jpeg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You are not. There are people who genuinely don't believe in trans people. That doesn't mean their delusional, because it's an opinion. Human rights are a fact, but trans rights additional to that is an opinion that people have debates over.

"Trans rights shouldn't have human rights" is hate speech, yes. But transphobia is still an opinion that people have, whether it is right or wrong. You and I both may agree that transphobia is terrible, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hate speech is only hate speech if you actually use it in speech. Things can be believed and not said, and while we may disagree with their beliefs, those who have them certainly, genuinely believe themselves to be in the right. And it becomes an opinion.

This is where we are going to agree to disagree. Those people who have believed such their whole life and do not mean ill will against anybody will one day express their ideas respectful and thoughtfully. T h i s i s n o t h a t e s p e e c h. Transphobic people don't exist to simply force their ideas upon anybody; in fact, I don't know a single transphobic person who has subjected somebody to such.

This is about to get really meta. Whether you realize it, the thought process that "trans rights is not an opinion, but fact" is in fact an opinion. Look at the Middle East, they certainly don't believe in trans rights. I guess they become the opposing argument for this matter. (Yes, I am aware that this is a really low blow that I'm sure trans people here all too often as a case against them. However, I don't intend to use this as a case against trans rights, because I am for such, but it is being used to show that it isn't a "guaranteed", it isn't "assumed". Civil Rights is an opinion that has been turned into law, yet racism still exists. That is the opposing viewpoint, no matter how disrespectful it is. It shouldn't be written off as invalid just because it isn't moral, and it isn't guaranteed to be used as hate speech, even though blatant attempts of trolling has led us to assume otherwise.)

--------------------------------------------

Off-topic, but Moydow Moydow , have you always identified as non-binary? I am fairly sure I remember you labeling yourself as female, but I couldn't be sure. Same goes to Pyra Pyra , because your author description that I'm fairly sure you wrote uses male pronouns, yet you stated before that you were non-binary now (?)
I haven’t updated my author description in nearly a year, but also I don’t care what my pronouns are anyway.

D

Deleted member

If I said "I love Kasumi!", everyone would be happy with me.

If I said "I love Joker!", everyone would say "OHH SHINY STOP DOING THIS, I AM GOING TO IGNORE YOU HAH HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?".

Stupid straight bias.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
schnee i'ma have to break with you on this one

unless i'm missing an obvious/inside joke this feels a lil disrespectful

i mean this ain't some randomass transphobe this is cyn

she's chill she didn't say **** iirc
I'm not gonna show respect to a Centrist that just said human rights are up for debate and then wants out of that discussion, Admin or not.

I can't take anyone's word that they're pro-trans when they post **** like that.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You may do both.

Whelp...

The Earth is doomed when I get my hands on that *insert DeviantArt pic* :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

View attachment 217896

yeah man i love chocolate it's the best. ghirardelli's, lindor, etc

but choclate waifus now we're talking

it's okay i'm dark brown i can say this ****

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
please say sike

april fools was like a month ago fam please say sike
Don't get me wrong, because I guess that I am being interpreted as anti-trans. I am all for trans rights, but that doesn't mean that other people disagree with me. Trans rights is not a universal given. Therefore it is an opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

If I said "I love Joker!", everyone would say "OHH SHINY STOP DOING THIS, I AM GOING TO IGNORE YOU HAH HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?".

Stupid straight bias.
The issue isn't you saying "I love Joker."

The issue is you saying "I want to have sex with Joker."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Stupid straight bias.
It's because you kept spamming the same image repeatedly.

Though I would agree that some people are in too deep with that Kasumi girl since we hardly know much about her other than she exists.

Personally, I think more people need to keep their thirst to themselves, but every once in a while it can be funny.

D

Deleted member

I'm not trying to prove anything to you. I know my beliefs and what is in my heart and I don't need to prove them to anyone. I believe everyone has a right to believe in/freely think what they want based on their culture, creed, or background. It is how they treat/respect people that matters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, I already stated that I do not want to be part of this conversation anymore and I ask that be respected from any and everyone who wishes to pull me back in.
If you don't want to prove me anything then I don't have any reason to believe you. The fact this is your response instead of anything else worries me.

Not trying to pull you back in, this is my closing statement on the matter.
Well I gotta go eat dinner with the family so I can't continue with the discussion anymore, but I will say that when I bold something I meant that it was important. Sorry if that came off as hostile. Not intended that way.
Then that's fine, though I think doing it like that is going to be easily misunderstood, so it's probably good to keep it in mind.

I'm also done with the discussion anyways, don't like extending it but I feel like I have to when I come back and see people have replied to me.
Hey Shishœ, I need some advice.
I am pro-trans, and I always say "trans rights", but I feel like people still like to drive me to the dirt. I say "Trans Rights" not for attention. I say "Trans Rights" because I believe in trans rights. I wish you all believed in trans rights too.
It is hard to function when a lot of people in here like to put my head to the dirt.
Shiny, I think you just need to chill and stop worrying so much what people think of you. We know you're supportive, you don't need to say it everytime it comes up.

I do agree some people take some stuff too hard on you though.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

van zieks objection.PNG

Okay, but the entire point of "trans rights" is the idea that trans people still deserve human rights, and should not be denied those rights just because they're transgender, because they're still human. Ergo, the statement "trans rights" is a fact, because transgender individuals deserve human rights.

Your argument seems to be based on the idea that we're arguing transgender people deserve SPECIAL rights just for being trans, which is not the case at all. Also, your whole spiel basically amounts to "transphobia exists, and those people are valid", and that's real ****ed up, buddy.

D

Deleted member

It's because you kept spamming the same image repeatedly.

Though I would agree that some people are in too deep with that Kasumi girl since we hardly know much about her other than she exists.

Personally, I think more people need to keep their thirst to themselves, but every once in a while it can be funny.
That was two months ago.
I stopped the "image spamming" and "Joker lewding".

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What did I say the other day? Smash Bros turns me on?

Let’s go with that.

kinda getting the feeling that some of the conversation from the past few pages was glossed over or ignored. Some folks seem to get incredibly jaded by the way other people are writing their comments. I’m not saying to blindly believe people. But some folks have shown themselves to be amazing people.
Don’t push your allies or friends away.

Also, opinions are entirely based on the system of ethics that they are applied to. I myself am a supporter of trans rights, because based on my morals that’s the right thing. However, to someone who is raised on the idea that it is wrong, or is only exposed to info that says it’s wrong or a mental illness, that is their “truth”. It’s an opinion that they don’t think trans people should have equal rights. It’s an unfortunate opinion, but it’s an opinion.

Basically, not to be short with anyone but if you’re just gonna shut out people who disagree on things you’re passionate about, you’re going to be hateful and jaded for your entire life. That’s no way to be.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That was two months ago.
I stopped the "image spamming" and "Joker lewding".
And I would say that others still need to keep their thirst in check, not just you. It's sort of a general message, but I don't exactly have a ton of sway here so it won't change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom