• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just as Masako Nozawa voices all the Son family in Japanese, eventually Colleen Clinkenbeard will voice all of them as kids.

She's already Gohan (until he becomes an adult) and Kid Goku, now she just needs to replace Kara Edwards as Goten.
Replacing Kara Edwards as Goten would likely mean Kara being replaced for Videl by someone too and I am not about that.

But seriously, the FighterZ GT Goku voice just does not compare to the original GT Goku voice for me. It sounds like a fan dub. Done poorly.

I miss you Nadolny.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mortal Kombat 11 talk:
Joker was added because people wanted an MKvDC that had the gore of Mortal Kombat. WB is notoriously strict about their characters when it comes to violence. Specifically against their super heroes.

Getting Joker is a big win in that area. It may not be Superman or Batman but at least it shows that WB is more willing to be a little more lenient with their DC properties.
Already that was given to us already with Shang Tsung's clown fatality in MK9...

D

Deleted member

That legitimately made me mad, the story was okay for the most part, but throwing Dark Raiden into the trash was such bull, especially after being the cliffhanger in MKX credits and how much Dark Raiden was used in MK11's promotional material.
It feels like the story mode suffers a lot from too many characters and not enough runtime to show them all off enough.
Take Noob for example, who shows up twice only to be beat up, or present Erron Black, who had maybe 30 seconds of screentime and no spoken dialogue despite being on the side of the good guys.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But seriously, the FighterZ GT Goku voice just does not compare to the original GT Goku voice for me. It sounds like a fan dub. Done poorly.

I miss you Nadolny.
I haven’t even seen Dragonball but I have a feeling that I’ll like the GT Goku voice better.

That Goku voice just really didn’t hit for me.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another MK note.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is an abomination and never should had been made to begin with. Like ***** was up with Kano's fatality? How the **** do you die from that?

What also gave Ed Boon the right mind to think a T Rated Mortal Kombat game would go well?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That legitimately made me mad, the story was okay for the most part, but throwing Dark Raiden into the trash was such bull, especially after being the cliffhanger in MKX credits and how much Dark Raiden was used in MK11's promotional material.
Hey, can a ramble about this too for a sec? There's one other major thing I felt a fair bit disappointed by. The end of MKX set up the idea that Kitana and Liu Kang ruled the Netherrealm. We only see the end of that fight in MK11.

But how cool would it have been if they went full on Deadly Alliance with those two?

Although I did like the set up with Raiden and Liu Kang in MK11 quite a bit, with them defying the odds and staying as allies. What ever is next for MK probably a few years down the line, I hope they do something cool, because most main villains after Shao Kahn aren't terribly cool. But their secondary villains are at least badass or interesting

D

Deleted member

It feels like the story mode suffers a lot from too many characters and not enough runtime to show them all off enough.
Take Noob for example, who shows up twice only to be beat up, or present Erron Black, who had maybe 30 seconds of screentime and no spoken dialogue despite being on the side of the good guys.
That's not even counting the characters that were important in X and are just outright unmentioned. I would have imagined Takeda and Kung Jin cameoing at least.

Story feels somewhat constrained by the divisions of characters by chapter and 4-5 fights structure.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey, can a ramble about this too for a sec? There's one other major thing I felt a fair bit disappointed by. The end of MKX set up the idea that Kitana and Liu Kang ruled the Netherrealm. We only see the end of that fight in MK11.

But how cool would it have been if they went full on Deadly Alliance with those two?

Although I did like the set up with Raiden and Liu Kang in MK11 quite a bit, with them defying the odds and staying as allies. What ever is next for MK probably a few years down the line, I hope they do something cool, because most main villains after Shao Kahn aren't terribly cool. But their secondary villains are at least badass or interesting
Given the pattern we should expect an MK12 in 2023.

MK9: 2011
Injustice: 2013
MK10: 2015
Injustice 2: 2017
MK11: 2019

Injustice 3: 2021
MK12: 2023

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If i recall correctly, Ed Boon said NR studios wanted to try a new IP and that they would take a break from the mk series for a awhile. So it might be even longer than 2023
I look much forward to that. I always felt they should had made a new series whether another fighting game or different genre. Really excited to hear! :)

D

Deleted member

That's not even counting the characters that were important in X and are just outright unmentioned. I would have imagined Takeda and Kung Jin cameoing at least.

Story feels somewhat constrained by the divisions of characters by chapter and 4-5 fights structure.
Takeda and Kung Jin are referenced in intro dialogues and a few arcade endings, but how canon those are aren't ever clear.
Better than Ferra-Torr, who just die to D'vorah offscreen at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The need to split into two teams. An MK team and an Injustice team. Build each one up with more people and give each title two-3 years of solid development
After the atrocity that was MK vs. DC Universe. **** no. Keep them away from each other. What I don't what was on Ed Boon's mind when he thought one of the goriest games of all time could fit with something like DC when there were more fitting ones like Killer Instinct especially by making MK rated T of all things. What idea gave him to do that especially some of the fatalities like Kano's which how do you die from someone jumping on you and rolling off? Wut?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given the pattern we should expect an MK12 in 2023.

MK9: 2011
Injustice: 2013
MK10: 2015
Injustice 2: 2017
MK11: 2019

Injustice 3: 2021
MK12: 2023
Right, but they also mentioned wanting MK11 to sit for a while longer, and that NRS wanted to do a non-fighting game at some point, whatever that means.

Whatever they do that isn't MK, it better have some real badass lead character though. Because they'd have a lot to live up to compared to DC and the likes of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Jax, Kitana ect ect.

I'm sure a new MK will happen at some point, they make too much money. But NRS wanted to do stuff outside of that.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
After the atrocity that was MK vs. DC Universe. **** no. Keep them away from each other. What I don't what was on Ed Boon's mind when he thought one of the goriest games of all time could fit with something like DC when there were more fitting ones like Killer Instinct especially by making MK rated T of all things.
I feel like you quoted the wrong post.

I still want Injustice vs Mortal Kombat. I just want the characters to be able to fight each other again.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like you quoted the wrong post.

I still want Injustice vs Mortal Kombat. I just want the characters to be able to fight each other again.
Injustice is DC tho and that means T Rated which Mortal Kombat should not be involved with.

Its even dumb they made Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden DLC in the Injustice games. I get they made both but one they're just wasting DLC slots for many potential DC characters and two if people wants to play them they can just play the MK games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyway bottom line is that i think if we're getting a new capcom rep, it's either ace attorney or monster hunter

i'd give MH the edge only because it already has its foot with in the door with rathalos, but equally rathalos/MH music is categorized under 'other' franchises so it'd need some changing about

resident evil would also be cool, but i don't rate its chances very highly next to these two
TBH I feel RE has a 50/50 shot. Biggest hurdle it's got IMO is even with guns being okay for movesets thanks to Joker, it'd be a lot harder to tone down the content of RE for an E10 Nintendo game compared to the content of other franchises present in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
it goes by many names
The Nucleus Of Death. Hell On Earth. The Red Room. The Place Where The Evil Lies. Gwen's Apartment.
Jokes on you I live with my mother because she needs extra help in the house
Look at Dark Raiden who appears for just the prologue and immediately gets written out of the main plot.
Christ this makes Netherrealm's harsh crunch eben worse

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I haven’t even seen Dragonball but I have a feeling that I’ll like the GT Goku voice better.

That Goku voice just really didn’t hit for me.
In general, GT was a poorly paced show that tried first to recreate Dragonball then made a hard turn to try and recreate Dragonball Z, and did neither as well as the original. But while the sum of its parts never came together as a particularly great show, the voice performances were all spectacular. Nadolny's ability to switch between Kid Goku's goofier side and his mature actually-an-adult side was, IMO, the best English Goku performance to date.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Right, but they also mentioned wanting MK11 to sit for a while longer, and that NRS wanted to do a non-fighting game at some point, whatever that means.

Whatever they do that isn't MK, it better have some real badass lead character though. Because they'd have a lot to live up to compared to DC and the likes of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Jax, Kitana ect ect.

I'm sure a new MK will happen at some point, they make too much money. But NRS wanted to do stuff outside of that.
Mythologies Sub-Zero remake maybe?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Injustice is DC tho and that means T Rated which Mortal Kombat should not be involved with.

Its even dumb they made Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden DLC in the Injustice games. I get they made both but one they're just wasting DLC slots for many potential DC characters and two if people wants to play them they can just play the MK games.
This mindset is so toxic and so opposite of how I view gaming and DLC that I am legit considering blocking you.

MK Characters can work in a T game if developed and marketed correctly. Injustice proves this IMO.

Guest characters are awesome because crossovers in general are awesome.

You ******** about how it doesn’t work won’t stop people like me from wanting it and won’t stop NRS from making it if they decide to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom