• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Especially given Ed actually teased Doom Slayer.

https://twitter.com/doom/status/1073596282764226560?lang=en
Yeah and he's also teased Rain and Smoke several times over on Twitter and look where that got us. People like to call Sakurai a troll all the time but Ed's the real deal.
Something I’ve noticed about the rebound of Marvel is the lack of games. It’s the perfect time to capitalize off of the MCU success but most stuff has been mobile games (though we are getting an UA3). Where’s that Square Enix Marvel game that was teased but never elaborated on?
WENS MAHVEL
Man did you guys hear that too how wierd

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Frick, do anyone here have a gif of a guy back flipping mutliple time in a row, until the last one cause him to crash into a store panel?

D

Deleted member

For a second I was reading this spawn discussion and I thought y'all were talking about him being revealed for smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something I’ve noticed about the rebound of Marvel is the lack of games. It’s the perfect time to capitalize off of the MCU success but most stuff has been mobile games (though we are getting an UA3). Where’s that Square Enix Marvel game that was teased but never elaborated on?
. Then again
It's been speculated that SE's finally showing it off tomorrow. Though they said they'd show us info in 2018 yet that game never even got mentioned by them

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given were on the topic now who are guest characters you'd like to see in MK? For me.

-Doom Slayer (Doom)
-Guts (Berserk)
-Hannah Washington/Wendigo (Until Dawn)
-Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
-Lobo (DC Comics)
-Pennywise (It)
-Pumpkinhead (Pumpkinhead)
-Punisher (Marvel Comics)
-Raiden (Metal Gear)
-Spawn (Image Comics)
-Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dante talk?
Dante Joker is the best Joker alternate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tbh i took the whole 'show your support for a DMC switch port so we can get dante in smash' thing to be more or less a deconfirmation of him, regardless of the port actually existing now

NDAs and lies besides, actively encouraging your fanbase to show support for a character doesn't seem like something you'd be taking such an active role in if you'd already had a character negotiated (which, according to sakurai's tweets, was done for the entire pass before december) - it's the same kind of thing wayforward was doing with shantae.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You clearly don’t follow Ed Boon’s twitter. I keep an eye out to see what he retweets to get an idea of what characters NRS is thinking about. They usually show up.
You're right I apparently didn't. Mostly been more of a YouTube guy when it comes to news or following and such.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What I want is a proper Marvel fighting game kinda like Injustice

Which I just read an article and something may be in the works for either that or a Marvel vs DC game or something
I'd rather they embrace their comic-booky nature instead. Just make Marvel Superheroes 2. Have it look like GGXrd or DBFZ. Some X-Men characters look like Jim Lee's style, Spider-Man characters like John Romita Sr.'s ect ect. And hopefully not have it be a zoner-fest like Injustice.

And have solid music like MvC1 and DBFZ.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

HOLD UP

THAT IS NOT STEPHANIE ANN NADOLNY.

God, that voice is... so... ugh. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

I'm modding it.
Nadolny hasn't voiced Kid Goku for a while now. Same with Kid Gohan.

Colleen does that now, and I think as time went on she really grew into Kid Gohan's voice more. But her Goku voice is higher pitched than her Kid Gohan, where she ended up keeping the raspy tone that Nadolny had for Kid Gohan, especially for the Cell Arc.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Given were on the topic now who are guest characters you'd like to see in MK? For me.

-Doom Slayer (Doom)
-Guts (Berserk)
-Lobo (DC Comics)
-Pennywise (It)
-Raiden (Metal Gear)
-Spawn (Image Comics)
Sweet Tooth please!!! Most wanted ever. Guts, Fulgore/Orchid (really anyone from KI), Dante, Bayonetta, and Akuma would also rock.

osby

Smash Obsessed

-Doom Slayer (Doom)
-Guts (Berserk)
-Lobo (DC Comics)
-Pennywise (It)
-Raiden (Metal Gear)
-Spawn (Image Comics)
Labo Man (Nintendo Labo)

D

Deleted member

I'm not getting my hopes up.
it's okay if you do

the power of belief, the power of hope, that’s what endows that which is intangible, ephemeral, or uncertain with a sense of reality

it brings focus to the insubstantial, the mirages of the mind, the multiplicity of what is possible, of what could be, and isolates it—concentrates it—to turn it into that which is

and the result of that, grey, is what we call truth

D

Deleted member

-Doom Slayer (Doom)
-Guts (Berserk)
-Lobo (DC Comics)
-Pennywise (It)
-Raiden (Metal Gear)
-Spawn (Image Comics)
Spawn and Ash, that's it. Just give us the ninjas back. Please.
JUST GIVE ME ERMAC NETHERREALM HE LOOKS SO COOL NOW

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd rather they embrace their comic-booky nature instead. Just make Marvel Superheroes 2. Have it look like GGXrd or DBFZ. Some X-Men characters look like Jim Lee's style, Spider-Man characters like John Romita Sr.'s ect ect. And hopefully not have it be a zoner-fest like Injustice.

And have solid music like MvC1 and DBFZ.
That’s what I would prefer as well, but I would accept some crossover or something

D

Deleted member

-Doom Slayer (Doom)
-Guts (Berserk)
-Lobo (DC Comics)
-Pennywise (It)
-Raiden (Metal Gear)
-Spawn (Image Comics)
Ash and Spawn but only if he can't be in Injustice.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guts would be such an wickedly awesome character for MK. I swear the world of Berserk looks like it could be among the many realm part of the Mortal Kombat universe. Someone oughta write a fanfic on that with the story maybe being Shao Kahn attempting to take over and invade it forcing Guts to attend the Mortal Kombat tournament to save his world.

I'd read that! Berserk and Mortal Kombat is just so thematically fitting! :grin:

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nadolny hasn't voiced Kid Goku for a while now. Same with Kid Gohan.

Colleen does that now, and I think as time went on she really grew into Kid Gohan's voice more. But her Goku voice is higher pitched than her Kid Gohan, where she ended up keeping the raspy tone that Nadolny had for Kid Gohan, especially for the Cell Arc.
Well, when was the last time Kid Goku needed voiced? Dragonball and GT were both done by Nadolny and the new Kai cast didn't redo either show, unless I'm mistaken. I know Gohan was replaced but when would Kid Goku have even come up?

The new voice is just jarring. And squeaky. GT Goku is actually my favorite iteration of Goku and I was really excited to play as him in part because of the iconic Kid Goku voice. That's gonna be hard to listen to on repeat.

I just don't like it. In the least.

D

Deleted member

No. No Reptile. No Ermac. No Mileena. Smoke and Rain, maybe. But I want more of the 3D characters to come back. Also the four guests they got all rock in my book.
The thing with Ermac is that they gave him an entirely new model, one of his best looking ever, only to have him die in The Krypt.
It stings.

D

Deleted member

Ash can't win the league, what makes you think he'd fit here?
I remember when everyone got salty when Alain beat Ash's Ash-Greninja with a Mega Charizard X.
If Ash's Ash-Greninja loses to Mega Charizard X, then Ash needs to think harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom