• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking Marvel games, the Spider-Man PS4 game was pretty sick and I would recommend it to anyone, has a better story than most Superhero movies too.

The Ghost Rider game on PS2 is a good Poverty DMC title. You can even unlock Blade as a playable character.

Spawn and Ash, that's it. Just give us the ninjas back. Please.
JUST GIVE ME ERMAC NETHERREALM HE LOOKS SO COOL NOW
Bro, no Ermac, no Kenshi, no Mileena(they had time travel ****, could have worked), no Rain or no Cyborgs? That's kind of flaccid. Everyone knows that the Ninjas are people's MK favorite characters.

At least we got Frost her salty runback.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway bottom line is that i think if we're getting a new capcom rep, it's either ace attorney or monster hunter

i'd give MH the edge only because it already has its foot with in the door with rathalos, but equally rathalos/MH music is categorized under 'other' franchises so it'd need some changing about

resident evil would also be cool, but i don't rate its chances very highly next to these two

Just a penguin

Smash Master
EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY!!!!!!!

ED BOON!

VS!

MMMMMMMASAHIRO SAKURAAAAAI!

BEGIN!
Sakurai starts:

Nintendo Direct starts:

Everyone is here, including me, Sakurai.
In this Kombat, you sure are Mortal, i. e. you're gonna die
I'm the guy.
I made too many characters and games to fit on a truck
Your games, just like my Kirby, tend to suck
The point of a game is to have a good time
It's an Injustice to make your players grind,
and it's Deception to say that your games are fine
Now, let's have a look at mine
There are 64 ways in this Melee I'm winning
But to shorten this Brawl, I'll give you 4
Number 1. My rap games Ultimate, it'll leave your head spinning
Your rap game, judging by your video games, is a bore.
2. I make games with so many different genres, you'll have fun no matter what good for you
You make a fight to the death, or a fight, with some death, and it seems that that's the only thing you can do
3. Never ask me for anything ever again, I'll give every fan what they want, but then
you only responded to the clothing outcry,
on the 11th game in the series, my guy
4. One last thing. Nobody knows who you are, it seems.
But I'm so well known, I've been made into a meme

I've roasted Boon here with a 10 out of 10
Never ask me for anything ever again

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No. No Reptile. No Ermac. No Mileena. Smoke and Rain, maybe. But I want more of the 3D characters to come back. Also the four guests they got all rock in my book.
It says something about our differing opinions when every character you just listed are the exact ones I want back.

Just add Tanya and Kenshi and you've basically made my list for me.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Mortal Kombat 11 talk:
Joker was added because people wanted an MKvDC that had the gore of Mortal Kombat. WB is notoriously strict about their characters when it comes to violence. Specifically against their super heroes.

Getting Joker is a big win in that area. It may not be Superman or Batman but at least it shows that WB is more willing to be a little more lenient with their DC properties.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
anyway bottom line is that i think if we're getting a new capcom rep, it's either ace attorney or monster hunter

i'd give MH the edge only because it already has its foot with in the door with rathalos, but equally rathalos/MH music is categorized under 'other' franchises so it'd need some changing about

resident evil would also be cool, but i don't rate its chances very highly next to these two
staindgrey and Scoliosis Jones would like to know your location

D

Deleted member

The thing with Ermac is that they gave him an entirely new model, one of his best looking ever, only to have him die in The Krypt.
It stings.
It does sorta hurt me to see Ermac with a brand new design only for him to fall of and die on a spike in the span of 5 seconds. They really gonna do my boy like that?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
If we're talking Marvel games, the Spider-Man PS4 game was pretty sick and I would recommend it to anyone, has a better story than most Superhero movies too.

The Ghost Rider game on PS2 is a good Poverty DMC title. You can even unlock Blade as a playable character.

Bro, no Ermac, no Kenshi, no Mileena(they had time travel ****, could have worked), no Rain or no Cyborgs? That's kind of flaccid. Everyone knows that the Ninjas are people's MK favorite characters.

At least we got Frost her salty runback.
Quit your bellyaching. We got Skarlet. We got Jade. We got Noob. We got Kabal. I miss the cyborgs too, but come on. This roster is no where near bad just because it doesn’t have a bunch of the Ninjas.

I just wish NRS did bigger rosters. A 50 character launch with 12 as DLC? Yes please!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, when was the last time Kid Goku needed voiced? Dragonball and GT were both done by Nadolny and the new Kai cast didn't redo either show, unless I'm mistaken. I know Gohan was replaced but when would Kid Goku have even come up?

The new voice is just jarring. And squeaky. GT Goku is actually my favorite iteration of Goku and I was really excited to play as him in part because of the iconic Kid Goku voice. That's gonna be hard to listen to on repeat.

I just don't like it. In the least.
Colleen briefly voiced Kid Goku in Kai when they did a flash-back at the very start. I think she also voiced Kid Goku in the Xenoverse games, but I don't play those so I don't know for sure.

Like I said before, I think Colleen really grew into Gohan's voice. She did a great job in DBFZ as Gohan, but she kept that raspy tone that I'm used to hearing with English Kid Gohan.

But I get what you mean. I'd be genuinely sad if anyone other than Kyle Hebert voiced Adult Gohan unless he ever retired from the business. Same with Sabat and Vegeta.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

HOLD UP

THAT IS NOT STEPHANIE ANN NADOLNY.

God, that voice is... so... ugh. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

I'm modding it.
Just as Masako Nozawa voices all the Son family in Japanese, eventually Colleen Clinkenbeard will voice all of them as kids.

She's already Gohan (until he becomes an adult) and Kid Goku, now she just needs to replace Kara Edwards as Goten.

D

Deleted member

really

i step out of baby jail for what, 5 minutes, and i'm already pranked

just **** my **** up fam

osby

Smash Obsessed

We're gonna get Morrigan and third party haters will spend weeks trying to argue she's a promotion.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mortal Kombat 11 talk:
Joker was added because people wanted an MKvDC that had the gore of Mortal Kombat. WB is notoriously strict about their characters when it comes to violence. Specifically against their super heroes.

Getting Joker is a big win in that area. It may not be Superman or Batman but at least it shows that WB is more willing to be a little more lenient with their DC properties.
That's a positive way of looking at it. I'll admit you have a point.

It's far and away a better decision than adding Scorpion to Injustice. Then Sub Zero. Then Raiden. I'm still upset about all of those.

D

Deleted member

It does sorta hurt me to see Ermac with a brand new design only for him to fall of and die on a spike in the span of 5 seconds. They really gonna do my boy like that?
Havent gotten MK11 but saw the video. WTF!?

WHY DID THEY EVEN GIVE HIM A REDESIGN IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO SHOW HIM FOR 5 SECONDS FALLING TO HIS DEATH?

Seriously, 11 just seems weird.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Havent gotten MK11 but saw the video. WTF!?

WHY DID THEY EVEN GIVE HIM A REDESIGN IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO SHOW HIM FOR 5 SECONDS FALLING TO HIS DEATH?

Seriously, 11 just seems weird.
Look at Dark Raiden who appears for just the prologue and immediately gets written out of the main plot.

D

Deleted member

DiC's the company that went "We can't have these characters be openly gay let's just say they're cousins!" while forgetting to remove the romantic subtext with Sailor Moon right?
jesus christ that sounds like a **** up to rule all **** ups because how the **** do you **** up so ****ing badly

this post was made by asterisk gang

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It says something about our differing opinions when every character you just listed are the exact ones I want back.

Just add Tanya and you've basically made my list for me.
I'd be happy with Kenshi, Rain and Mileena most of all.

But the Cyborgs would make most people happy.

Quit your bellyaching. We got Skarlet. We got Jade. We got Noob. We got Kabal. I miss the cyborgs too, but come on. This roster is no where near bad just because it doesn’t have a bunch of the Ninjas.

I just wish NRS did bigger rosters. A 50 character launch with 12 as DLC? Yes please!
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got Jade and Noob back. Even Skarlet and Frost, which I'm happy about. But I do feel like at least one other male ninja(that way you have four male and four female ninja) could of got snuck in. And like @Chucklehead Tom said, Ermac getting a new design only to get killed immediately seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.

I think most of the characters that were in base roster were fine choices, it's their DLC, that I'm skeptical of because outside of Spawn there ain't much for me personally. Sindel and Fujin make sense though.

Just as Masako Nozawa voices all the Son family in Japanese, eventually Colleen Clinkenbeard will voice all of them as kids.

She's already Gohan (until he becomes an adult) and Kid Goku, now she just needs to replace Kara Edwards as Goten.
And no one would even notice because Goten's barely his own character, unlike his Brother and Dad who people actually give a **** about.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's not a bad roster, they did a good job with making old characters feel fresh again (if you told me a few years ago that I'd think Liu Kang and Raiden were cool I'd call you a liar) and I've still got Kotal and Jax, but it's still always going to feel like something is missing with a big handful of the fan favorites gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They seriously did every ninja that wasn't playable dirty in the Krypt. And they even threw in some pink ninja that also dies to rub the salt in the wound harder. When Reptile, being relegated to some weird scavenger hunt event that ends with him getting smashed with a hammer, can be considered lucky in comparison to his peers, you know that NRS has beef with ninjas. The only one yet to have been done dirty is Tremor, and he barely counts as a ninjas to begin with.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't know if it as been posted before but **** it.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Old Broly need all the attention he can get.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It's not a bad roster, they did a good job with making old characters feel fresh again (if you told me a few years ago that I'd think Liu Kang and Raiden were cool I'd call you a liar) and I've still got Kotal and Jax, but it still always going to feel like something is missing with a big handful of the fan favorites gone.
Well, there are rumors we could be getting lots of dlc characters after the initial 12, but personally, if it’s just all ninjas I will feel disappointed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yall are idiots, it's gonna be Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins.
You said that like a joke but it'd make some sense.

Would prefer Firebrand though. I actually like his games. Or Strider, Strider would be sick if I can't get Mega Man X or Dante.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine adding wright to smash and not making his stock icons attorney badges

1557342001099.png

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Look at Dark Raiden who appears for just the prologue and immediately gets written out of the main plot.
That legitimately made me mad, the story was okay for the most part, but throwing Dark Raiden into the trash was such bull, especially after being the cliffhanger in MKX credits and how much Dark Raiden was used in MK11's promotional material.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, there are rumors we could be getting lots of dlc characters after the initial 12, but personally, if it’s just all ninjas I will feel disappointed.
Wouldn't have to be ALL ninjas, but 2 or 3 out of 12 wouldn't be that far out there.

goddamnit netherrealm just make terrordrome already
I'd main Predator. Also, what are the chances they get the Ring chick to be kind of like Hisako from KI? I know a LOT of people like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom