• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

oh so we can perv out over kasumi and it's fine but the moment i bring up ganondorf's huge, thick, loooong f-smash hitbox it's "broken" and "unbalanced"
Ganondorf's forward smash hitbox.
I do not care if it is unbalanced nor broken, it is life. I like my opponents slain early. :shades:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So despite my earlier anxieties in relation to Dante potentially getting into Smash rather than another Capcom pick because of the port news, and after some conversations with some peers, I don’t actually think Dante is in now.

Notably, think about the other ports that have shown up on Switch, as well as the 3rd parties we have. Specifically, the release of the Crash collection port...everybody thought Crash was in for like, a month, and then most people kinda dropped it. Now we have a DmC port.

On the flip side, we’ve gotten Snake, Cloud, Joker, The Belmonts...no ports, or at least no ports until later, at least a few years in terms of Cloud.

The only character to basically get a port was Bayonetta which makes sense considering her newer game was a venture by Nintendo to...make money.

Still aboard the Resident Evil train. Speaking of that, @staindgrey , I was thinking...what do you think the odds of Jill or Leon taking the firearms a step further and using a shotgun? Or do you think they would just go elemental ‘made launcher?

All other users are welcome to take part in the conversation. Just figured Grey would be especially interested.
Regarding if Jill or Leon make it to Smash, while I think guns are kinda now a non-issue given Joker, I still don't feel they will go full crazy on them or rather what are the considerations for depicting different firearms into the game. Both have few skills that don't particularly require them and also I think that given that there are quite a few different grenade types in RE, they will probably go with that, a small firearm, special skills like Jill improved physical performance from 5 or Leon's grappiling hook and knives.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nice great to see some folks around here looks forward to my most anticipated film this year. Can't believe its in less then a month. 5 years I've been waiting for it. Can't believe its already here...

D

Deleted member

I know this is late but I just came back and saw I got tagged so...
While I think this conversation is getting close to its endpoint, I want to add something because I agree with you:

There is fault in immediately lashing out at people even when it's with good intentions. Just because someone says or does something offensive doesn't necessarily mean the person is even aware that it's offensive or why. If that person's introduction to the notion that it's offensive is someone yelling at him, of course he's going to get defensive and circle back to his echo chamber where everyone already agrees with him. And if that's all he's ever known, finally having someone talk patiently with him could be what helps him learn and change.

In terms of politics and the people making the laws, I agree with @Shishœ that on these issues there really isn't a middle ground, and admitting that there is one is giving justification and verification to hate speech. But on a personal, day-to-day level of common people dealing with people, I absolutely agree with @tehponycorn. This is because had people not been patient with me, I could have ended up very, very different than who I am now.

It's always easier to stick to what you know than to challenge your own perspective. People need help to do that, not aggravation.
I think people are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying to not "be patient" with people who lack an understading of these things(quotation marks because of reasons I'll explain later), I'm saying to not bother trying to "fix" people who are bigots. And again, I'm not calling anyome who doesn't have an understanding of it a bigot.
I'm sure many of those who have interacted with me can vouch for the fact I'm more than willing to teach people things they don't understand but it's important to know that this will only matter to those who are willing to learn too.
Most commonly, there are 3 reasons for someone to make what we'd call a mistake: lack of understanding, ignorance and malice.

Lack of understanding is when someone says something without even knowing it could be considered bad. This person can simply be taught why that thing is bad and move on. No one is going to hold them against it.
Still, it is important to remember it can still hurt someone. I, for example, will always try to correct someone who misgenders me on accident and I wouldn't hold that against them if they apologize, but it still hurts a bit everytime and is tiring to always do it, especially when it can feel like you're being annoying by repeating yourself constantly. This is why I put "be patient" under quotations, because a lot of people who "aren't" aren't doing it out of a lack of patient but rather tired of constantly going through this and worse things.

Ignorance is the inbetween. It can be when someone understands that somrthing could be considered bad but doesn't understand why or refuses to learn, or it could be because they have a misunderstanding of it due to being intentionally misinformed by others. This is a little trickier, some people in here will crack when you hit them enough times(metaphorically speaking) but they're never going to learn immediatelly. Are these people worth trying to argue? Yes and no. It's not anyone's job to constantly hit a brick wall, especially the ones that tend more towards malice, but they're not hopeless so it isn't a lost cause. It'll simply depend on if the person is willing to endure whatever bull**** they've been taught to believe in and sometimes for them the negativity simply isn't worth it.
Of course, these still range from "I'm not a bigot but I don't understand why people think this is so bad" to "I'm not a bigot but I've been told this group of people is wrong for existing" so it's harder to pin them down exactly because the common trait here is the refusal of learning.

And finally, malice. These are the worst of them all. These may or may not lack an understanding of the subject but what matters is that they always claim they do and all the mistakes they do are done with ill-intent even if they do not admit it. This is that person who misgenders someone on purpose, who mocks another's existence or just calls them disgusting.
This person should not be bothered with because they know exactly what they're doing.

And here's the thing: minorities can tell when each of these is happening. There are multiple flags that go off due to personal experiences.
I vividly remember when I got called out for accusing a certain user of being transphobic for saying the MK11 women were "ugly for looking like men" and was met with people saying I was jumping the gun and being unreasonable for that.
Flash forward some weeks later and the same user makes a scene outing themselves as a clear bigot.
This is why I ask people to listen to us when we say someone likely holds bad intentions, because it's an intuition born of unfortunate experiences.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isn't glass like the one construction material you DON'T want to build your bunker with?
Well, no, but Glass is actually surprisingly durable.

It's why Movies and TV Shows use Sugar Glass, which breaks very easily, instead of an actual Glass Bottle, because the glass bottle would break you before you broke it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well, no, but Glass is actually surprisingly durable.

It's why Movies and TV Shows use Sugar Glass, which breaks very easily, instead of an actual Glass Bottle, because the glass bottle would break you before you broke it.
Sidenote.

Sugar glass is delicious.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
So despite my earlier anxieties in relation to Dante potentially getting into Smash rather than another Capcom pick because of the port news, and after some conversations with some peers, I don’t actually think Dante is in now.

Notably, think about the other ports that have shown up on Switch, as well as the 3rd parties we have. Specifically, the release of the Crash collection port...everybody thought Crash was in for like, a month, and then most people kinda dropped it. Now we have a DmC port.

On the flip side, we’ve gotten Snake, Cloud, Joker, The Belmonts...no ports, or at least no ports until later, at least a few years in terms of Cloud.

The only character to basically get a port was Bayonetta which makes sense considering her newer game was a venture by Nintendo to...make money.

Still aboard the Resident Evil train. Speaking of that, @staindgrey , I was thinking...what do you think the odds of Jill or Leon taking the firearms a step further and using a shotgun? Or do you think they would just go elemental ‘made launcher?

All other users are welcome to take part in the conversation. Just figured Grey would be especially interested.
I’m still on the Crash train. Never got off. Still think he’s super likely.

I also think that the presence or recency of a port or game on Switch has almost nothing to do with anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom