• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
woah...Makoto still better tho
Holy ****, those new Star vs. the Forces of Evil episodes...

The end is nigh, stakes are high, and almost everything is seriously going off the rails. I love it. I can't wait to see how it all ends.
So I guess they’re gonna kill others before they can kill me...better be some bomb *** episodes since Disney is rushing th8s out for Ducktales/Big Hero 6

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

God has spoken.
I actually feel that reviewbrah is actually inspiring to me, he does his own thing, even if it might not be glamours I love that he owns it.

He has his own little weird niche, reviewing fastfood, shortwave radio enthusiast, and old style of suits.

Edit: Got to say, I really disagree on his decision of putting In-and-Out over Wendy's

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I start watching JoJo today.

I'm finally giving JJBA a chance after being reluctant on it for so long.

Pretty cool. That's what I'll probably be on the whole day since I'm so bored.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Faye could've been great if they did more with what was brought up in her B support with Alm. The conversation makes it abundantly clear that the war is taking a toll on Faye's psyche and her mental health is deteriorating. But instead her only other support chain in the game focuses on her Alm obsession and makes her a total ass hat to Silque in the process. And then her ending throws away any development she had with her Alm A support.

Faye is the poster child of squandered potential.

D

Deleted member

I start watching JoJo today.

I'm finally giving JJBA a chance after being reluctant on it for so long.

Pretty cool. That's what I'll probably it the while day since I'm so bored.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? I am going to watch Episode 8 today!
You will love JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really liked Hawkeye's character in this. He was literally a Samurai, and he really wanted to sacrifice.
Just like in the comics, he became the Ronin
Honestly Faye could've been great if they did more with what was brought up in her B support with Alm. The conversation makes it abundantly clear that the war is taking a toll on Faye's psyche and her mental health is deteriorating. But instead her only other support chain in the game focuses on her Alm obsession and makes her a total *** hat to Silque in the process. And then her ending throws away any development she had with her Alm A support.

Faye is the poster child of squandered potential.
Wasn’t obviously to me, so...oof

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Endgame Spoilers:
How does Thanos exist in both Fortnite and in their universe at the same time? Think about it, if Fortnite exists in their world, that must mean that the Thanos event happened a little bit BEFORE Thanos actually made contacy with Earth, so is Fortnite some kind of prophet? That would also mean that Fortnite also did the Thanos event again sometime between Endgame's time skip.

Also, how is Fortnite still around 5 years later? Nobody moved on? Perhaps it isn't a fad?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Endgame Spoilers:
How does Thanos exist in both Fortnite and in their universe at the same time? Think about it, if Fortnite exists in their world, that must mean that the Thanos event happened a little bit BEFORE Thanos actually made contacy with Earth, so is Fortnite some kind of prophet? That would also mean that Fortnite also did the Thanos event again sometime between Endgame's time skip.

Also, how is Fortnite still around 5 years later? Nobody moved on? Perhaps it isn't a fad?
kinda ****ed up for epic to make an ingame event out of the guy who killed 50% of literally everyone ever

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Now I said one post per image, per hour.

And Imma stick to that.

So while I won't say anything about this per se -

km1ibz84ffw21.jpg

- I placed no such restrictions on tagging Noipoi Noipoi .

r4xh5im1b8j01.png

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"They killed Black Widow because they didn't know what to do with her. I mean, what would she even do in the fight against Thanos? All she has is a gun!"

Clint had far less, and Bucky was on the front lines with just an assault rifle.
Honestly, while I don't like that Natasha didn't get the same farewell Tony did, I understand the route they took.

Opening the movie with Clint losing his family so dramatically helped set up the story with a quick and heartbreaking reminder of just what people lost in Infinity War. I love that opening. To not give that opening true closure-- to not let Hawkeye have a significant role in the final climactic fight-- would be hard to take.

Further, setting up a Soul Stone sacrifice within the core team that would have an equal emotional pull to Thanos sacrificing his daughter was nearly impossible. The only other ones I can think of would be Cap and Tony (though they basically have to be there at the end or the fans riot) or Bruce and Natasha. But I think having Clint and Natasha have to decide who's sacrificed, after setting up their long-standing friendship from the first Avengers movie, was the best move.

So from there, if you combine those two assertions-- assuming you'd agree to either-- Natasha is basically the best one to die for the Soul Stone. There should have been more weight to her sacrifice, but the actual decision by the writers to let her die there doesn't bother me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
wow ok

nice to see what you guys really think of me

i'll just be crying over here
Faygoshill is the poster child of being a little *****

Hey man I don’t mean it thanks for being a pal and taking one for the team so I can make fun of you and join the cool clique okay bye buddy have a good cry I’ll meet you after school

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
doki doki kasumi klub
the party forces kasumi to leave near the end, but during the final dungeon she keeps rejoining the head of the party at random intervals for split seconds, getting longer each time

persona 5: real ****in spooky edition

1557185205156.png

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, while I don't like that Natasha didn't get the same farewell Tony did, I understand the route they took.

Opening the movie with Clint losing his family so dramatically helped set up the story with a quick and heartbreaking reminder of just what people lost in Infinity War. I love that opening. To not give that opening true closure-- to not let Hawkeye have a significant role in the final climactic fight-- would be hard to take.

Further, setting up a Soul Stone sacrifice within the core team that would have an equal emotional pull to Thanos sacrificing his daughter was nearly impossible. The only other ones I can think of would be Cap and Tony (though they basically have to be there at the end or the fans riot) or Bruce and Natasha. But I think having Clint and Natasha have to decide who's sacrificed, after setting up their long-standing friendship from the first Avengers movie, was the best move.

So from there, if you combine those two assertions-- assuming you'd agree to either-- Natasha is basically the best one to die for the Soul Stone. There should have been more weight to her sacrifice, but the actual decision by the writers to let her die there doesn't bother me.
The delivery of the scene itself was amazing itself, in my opinion. It's just a constant back and forth between who is about to get thrown off, and it really keeps you guessing.

As for Natasha dying herself, I think it was a good call. Hawkeye was getting more attention in this movie, and she seemed to be the less signifigant, so if they were going to kill someone off for only one stone, she was the best choice. Tony's death was a bit different though, as it was a major plot point in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom