• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Inb4 poll changes to be based around this... thing.

Also I’m siding with Cyn. Evil is more fun!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Moydow Empire can get things done. And because you can get things done, even if it doesn’t go well, it’s not your fault!

It’s society’s fault that things don’t work out!

You can run away from unpleasant things! That doesn’t mean you’ve lost!

Because, as they say, “Sometimes running away is winning”!

The answer you come to after being in doubt is usually something you’ll regret, no matter what you choose!

If you’re going to regret it anyway, do whatever’s easiest for you in the moment!

Do not fear growing old.

Not even God knows whether you will be happy in the future, so you should, at least, be happy now!

Cyn Cyn pads her chest!

the second time i've gotten to use this konosuba reference, hell yeah
A Konosuba reference? On this forum?!
4ba.gif

Yeah, yeah I approve with all of my heart.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Full stop, being a **** to a **** doesn’t do anything to make them stop being a ****.

If you know that being a **** to a **** isn’t going to stop them from being a ****, but you want to stop people from having harmful opinions and being ***** to people, then crossing your arms and saying, “Why are people *****?”, isn’t the answer either.

Most people with ****ty opinions have reasons for their **** opinions. Those are likely misguided opinions, and by no means does that excuse them from saying awful things. However, if we want more inclusivity in society, then we must be inclusive to those who are hurt most, regardless of race, gender, or political affiliation.

I have family members who have said some pretty vile things, especially considering the children I teach and the fact that I know some wonderful LGBTQ people in my life. However, I know there are things that deep down make them think that way.

Anger and hatred do nothing in solving our problems. I quoted MLK earlier, and think everybody needs to think about that. One of the greatest social justice leaders in history said hatred doesn’t work, so why do we always resort to hatred?

There are absolutely people who are beyond redemption, and that’s fine. There will never be a world without bigotry, and if there was, you’d be looking at a 1984 situation which would be no better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

actually scratch that i choose hulk

"the social thread broke up? like a boy band, li- like the beatles?"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Thread is now “Ultimate Social Thread: Just for War, Champ.”

That was the cheesiest one liner I got.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No one is talking about harassing or belittling others. Calling people out on their hamrful behaviour and beliefs is not harassment. You do not fix anything by allowing them to get off scottfree with their mistakes.
People won't change if they don't want to do so it's not the victims who have to do the first step, but the person who harmed them.

You try to be "empathetic" with them and you just allow them to continue being ********. Trust me, I'd know that better than most people because I was in such a position before. It was not by people "calmly explaining things to me" that I changed, all that did was create a space where I could continue with my **** because no one would call me out or really show why I'd even need to change.

If you don't make spaces uncomfortable to bigots, they will never change. That's simply a fact.

I really try to explain this to people whenever it's brought up but I really can't do this anymore so this is my final post on this matter. This is just really tiring on me because it feels like sometimes it really doesn't matter what I say.
I'm not saying to give these people a pass. I'm just saying that "hey, that's not acceptable, and here's why..." is more effective than saying "you're a horrible person for your beliefs, and you should be ashamed of yourself..."

I think I misconstrued your point about calling people out, and that's my bad. I was referring more to far left communities that actually spew hate back at far right communities. Of course there's a right way to call people on opinions like that, and they shouldn't be condoned or coddled.

I think I understand what you're saying better, and I agree that we should likely drop this topic. Sorry if I got heated as a result of misunderstanding your points.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Everyone knows Team Warchamp results in the true ending.

Shame that it's a $15 per year add on though...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm glad someone appreciates my dumb ****.
Dood, if you know how happy I am when peoples appriciate my dumb ****, you and I could become best homie in a week.
When the Lewd Senses are tingling
I ask that you use this gif every time you have done a lewd drawing.

Please?

D

Deleted member

The Power of Premium is unlimited.
Go team Premium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm Team "I just want to see good ****post out of it".

That's the true winning side here.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dood, if you know how happy I am when peoples appriciate my dumb ****, you and I could become best homie in a week.

I ask that you use this gif every time you have done a lewd drawing.

Please?

Does that mean Imma use this daily?
Cute mythra animation 2.gif

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
fam i feel like this is coming from the pov of someone who isn't a victim

people who feel hurt or harassed by awful, prejudiced comments don't want to help change bigots and awful people or teach them the difference between right and wrong because they should know that already

usually we just want to not talk with them or open up a forum for them to speak their garbage opinions at all because we'll get hurt, or others may get hurt, or something bad will happen (triggers, breakdowns, etc)

also bigots don't change that easily

you keep giving them a pass to explain their pov, and they'll keep explaining it and hurting people. or worse, radicalizing younger people
I'm still real curious to what people think about the video I posted.

D

Deleted member

cyndane listen to me

gwen is coming

it doesn't matter who you're talking to or not

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
alright new argument

Is @faygoshill ’s post to like ratio a club
>3.911 ptlr
>Compared to my 4.149 ptlr

I don't care since I'm obviously so much better given that I have a higher ratio of imaginary internet points based off of my posts.
In case you guys think I'm serious I'm joking. Likes are an arbitrary way of determining how much people like or agree with a point given the many variables that go into them, and no one is better than another person solely because they have more likes or a higher post-to-like ratio. Also I love @faygoshill so :drshrug: (no homo tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom