• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I watched Avengers Endgame some time ago (which was really awesome). Since I mostly went on a black-out, only watching 2 trailers , I managed to avoid spoilers. There is a lot to talk about
  • I liked an early scene where Stark and Nebula were playing a game of flicking silver triangles was
  • There is something really amusing about the idea of Thanos as a farmer.
  • Seeing Hulk with glasses and a rather eloquent diction was certainly pretty weird in a good way
  • Ant-Man turning into a child and then an old man through time travelling was amusing
  • I did not expect seeing Thor playing Fortnite
  • I thought the references to Back To The Future was also neat.
  • There was a really great part when (after Cap, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Hulk travel back to New York in 2012) Hulk gets embarrassed after seeing his past self. The part where Hulk attempts and fails to rage out, limply throwing a motorcycle away was also great
  • I liked the Captain America vs. Captain America fight. Though on that note, surely the 2012 Cap must at some point realise he was not fighting Loki?
  • What happened to 2012 Loki after he escaped with the Tesseract?
  • I did not expect Black Widow's sad death
  • Rhodey's reaction to Quill dancing and singing "Come and Get Your Love" by himself was hilarious
  • The Thanos vs Captain America/ Iron Man/ Thor fight had some excellent choreography
  • Cap being able to use Mjolnir was a great moment that was foreshadowed all the way back in 2015
  • I loved the opening climax scene with practically everyone joining the fight to the Avengers theme ending with Cap telling everyone "Avengers! Assemble." The climax itself naturally was one awesome moment after another
  • Tony Starks' last words before snapping his fingers was a nice callback to the end of the first Iron Man movie.
  • I guess the most important thing to note is that it really is the end of an era with Tony's sad death, Steve becoming an old man by travelling back in time and staying there, living out the life he missed after being frozen, and Thor joining the Guardians of the Galaxy (which is certainly interesting). The only ones out of the original MCU Avengers left are Hawkeye and Hulk.

So overall, a 10/10 movie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Point at Miis on the PASBR roster
Thennnnn we can talk
if you can't play as reggie fils-amie in some way shape or form then is it truly a crossover event?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

haha what are you talking about

HOLY ****
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well that's a new pile of news. I don't think this means Dante's gonna be in this season of DLC, but he's now possible compared to him originally being unlikely-ish.

I think we're getting a Capcom rep without a doubt due to Capcom completely willing to play ball with Smash Bros (Rathalos is a pretty good indicator), but I don't know what series they'll choose because there are a lot of good ones.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm convinced that the people who actually believe this are just Nintendo fanboys lol.

Point to Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, and Ratchet and Clank on the Smash roster without pointing at Miis and maybe then we can talk.
Yeah this take drives me crazy. My friend and I made a roster of fifty characters that'd be perfect for PSASBR2 with the caveats that we had to keep everyone from the first game and couldn't have anyone from Smash (this was before Joker was revealed but replace him with Demifiend or Yu and we're good). Sure we cheated a little with Venom Snake but y'know.

There's so much a second PS All Stars game could bring to the table.

Side note, our secret fiftieth shock reveal character was Spider-Man.

D

Deleted member

I'm convinced that the people who actually believe this are just Nintendo fanboys lol.

Point to Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, and Ratchet and Clank on the Smash roster without pointing at Miis and maybe then we can talk.
It helps that Smash is actually good.

D

Deleted member

honestly if they just make psabr smash but with balanced supers and sony characters i would be sold

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Remember how the DMC devs said they wouldn't see Dante in Smash before one of his own games getting on a Nintendo console?

What if that was just some of the most big-brained foreshadowings?

D

Deleted member

I stand by the PSABR devs having to work around a bunch of different clauses from different companies and no one in upper management having any faith in the game being the reason it turned out the way it did.
Come on lads, they were just trying their best under corporate ****ery.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
honestly if they just make psabr smash but with balanced supers and sony characters i would be sold
Yeah for real like it would have been pretty fun for me to play if the mechanics didn’t make it feel like a slog for me to play

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I apologize for that one post I wrote in like... October, saying Dante was pretty much not happening at all...

That aged very well, that's for sure

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Opossum’s answer can be recycled for ****posting purposes too
IMO it was probably one of the worst fighting games I've ever played, lol. :p

But y'all like what you wanna like. Me thinking something bad doesn't mean it objectively is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've said this before but my and my friends thought the roster was ok despite 3 glaring omissions, Crash, Spyro and Kazuma Kiryu. The way the supers were handled was the only real problem I can think of because the game was a first attempt so I can understand why third party stuff was a bit harder to get

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It was their first time making a platform fighter.
They had to get way more 3rd party characters.
They had to choose relevant characters instead of iconic ones.
They had to create 3 different supers for each character.
And of course they had Brawl to compete with.

It's amazing the game even shipped.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
BREAKING NEWS: Hobo Demon Hunter from the Devil May Cry series™ who have been missed for 11 years as been saw recently crashing into a happy-lucky party filled with childrens on top of a demonic-like bike, rolling all over them and their presents while screaming "WOOOOOOHOOOO, YEAAAAAAAH!!!" like a maniac!!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It was their first time making a platform fighter.
They had to get way more 3rd party characters.
They had to choose relevant characters instead of iconic ones.
They had to create 3 different supers for each character.
And of course they had Brawl to compete with.

It's amazing the game even shipped.
I mean I don’t blame the developers, even with context it probably won’t make me like the game and I’ll probably just keep saying how I feel about the end product when it comes up, but by no means is it a reflection of how I feel about the context surrounding it

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That'd actually be a huge bummer for me because I'm super down with the idea of Dragon Quest in Smash.
Bro you’re cool and all but in what world is speculating a character’s code name wrong a disconfirmation for the franchise existing in the game haha

D

Deleted member

Bro you’re cool and all but in what world is speculating a character’s code name wrong a disconfirmation for the franchise existing in the game haha
most of the stuff going for erdrick relies on him being brave

verge and the codename fitting him perfectly are the two biggest things that rely on brave being erdrick

D

Deleted member

Nah I still think it's Erdrick, I was more commenting on how if it turned out to be Dante instead that I'd be a little disappointed.

I don't want pizza boy in Smash. :p

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway dante would be cool and all but i'd still be disappointed because there's only one capcom rep who needs to be in and his name is vulture wrong

D

Deleted member

Ten pokedollars says Brave is Dante and y’all got punked by my betting team
Ten accounts saying Dante isn't Brave on the logic that a Switch port isn't confirmation, EG: Mortal Kombat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom