• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

10 power of friendships says brave is the friends we made along the way

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
PSABR actually had some great intentions at the beginning. Too bad executive meddling interfered.

Even when working on something like Smash, Sakurai is usually given fairly general creative freedom when it comes to the roster and such...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
most of the stuff going for erdrick relies on him being brave

verge and the codename fitting him perfectly are the two biggest things that rely on brave being erdrick
There are other characters than Erdrick. He said “wanted a dragon quest character”
You do the math big man, or can your infinity stones not uhhhh

Not reading comprehension

Goteem

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ten accounts saying Dante isn't Brave on the logic that a Switch port isn't confirmation, EG: Mortal Kombat.
Point is moot- we’re still talking speculation and so confirmation is not necessary in this stage, because all anyone can do is provide conjecture on the matter.

D

Deleted member

verge and the codename fitting him perfectly are the two biggest things that rely on brave being erdrick
Not really. Leakers are separate from code name. Honestly, early code could be jack **** in the grand scheme of things. I cite Jane and the base stats for both Joker and PPlant

D

Deleted member

There are other characters than Erdrick. He said “wanted a dragon quest character”
You do the math big man, or can your infinity stones not uhhhh

Not reading comprehension

Goteem
if there's a dragon quest character in the game it's almost 100% Erdrick Dragon Quest

i highly doubt we're getting one that isn't him considering the only things going for dq are things going for erdrick specifically

also don't joke about that **** man the gauntlet is a troubled learner

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We forgetting Tansut explicitly stating its Erdrick and that he was pretty early in development?

D

Deleted member

i lowkey want Jotaro Kujo in Smash tbh

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
if there's a dragon quest character in the game it's almost 100% Erdrick Dragon Quest

i highly doubt we're getting one that isn't him considering the only things going for dq are things going for erdrick specifically

also don't joke about that **** man the gauntlet is a troubled learner
#doubt

We forgetting Tansut explicitly stating its Erdrick and that he was pretty early in development?
Y’all are about to learn how my probability manipulation works

D

Deleted member

If we're getting another Capcom character, I'd much prefer Phoenix Wright or Amaterasu.

D

Deleted member

'rdrick dragon quest is in and if 't be true thee bethink oth'rwise thou art objectively wrong. nay unpopular opinions did allow

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've said this before but my and my friends thought the roster was ok despite 3 glaring omissions, Crash, Spyro and Kazuma Kiryu. The way the supers were handled was the only real problem I can think of because the game was a first attempt so I can understand why third party stuff was a bit harder to get
That's the thing, it was a combination of those omissions, weird advertising characters taking the place of icons (beta Revengeance Raiden instead of Big Boss or Snake never forget), and **** like Zeus from God of War or EVIL COLE MCGRATH that made it super weird roster-wise. But then you'd also have stuff like Sly Cooper or Sir Daniel Fortesque and other fun deep cuts that almost makes the game worth playing. Shame about the, uh, actual gameplay.

It'd just be nice to see them get another shot. More companies should do big crossover fighters. KOF and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and the Capcom Vs. Series are always fun.

D

Deleted member

Point is moot- we’re still talking speculation and so confirmation is not necessary in this stage, because all anyone can do is provide conjecture on the matter.
So the entire time, you've said Erdrick isn't in only to say, "Yeah. I actually don't really care about what I'm saying because it's just conjecture."

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd be cool with Dante in Smash, because it means people will ***** about him being a Joker clone just because of the guns and I love it when people go melodramatic :p

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly I feel Smash should take another note from PSABR as that game had 3 attack buttons. Maybe don't add a third attack button but instead add EX moves or something, that'd change things up significantly in an amazing way
Yeah I think the game would be more user friendly and flow better if they streamlined the controls more like with Smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So the entire time, you've said Erdrick isn't in only to say, "Yeah. I actually don't really care about what I'm saying because it's just conjecture."
You can’t possibly have just now figured out my stakes are ****posts.

And besides that, yes, nobody can really substantiate any hard evidence. Go ahead, try.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On the subject of Dante in Smash? Eh...

I'd be happy for his fans, but I really wouldn't be that excited, tbh

I'd rather have someone like Phoenix Whright, or an RE rep as our next Capcom characther

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And besides that, yes, nobody can really substantiate any hard evidence. Go ahead, try.
I'm not gonna try and convince someone who doesn't seem willing to give a **** regardless. You do you.

At least pick a good Jojo like literally anyone after him*
Isn't Giorno just Jotaro 2?

D

Deleted member

yeah we don't have any hard evidence that explicitly confirms/deconfirms erdrick but the leakers and codenames and **** is still evidence of a sort

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You can’t possibly have just now figured out my stakes are ****posts.

the weirdest thing about erdrick is that, if we're treating stuff purely from smash's files as 'hard evidence', then from vaanrose's posts we have more hard evidence that kasumi of all characters is/was in than we do that erdrick is in, and this is coming from someone who nevertheless thinks erdrick is a lock and kasumi is a 50/50 at best

the word of leakers alone, no matter how good their track records, means very little unless we actually see erdrick, given how much of a surprise joker was.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm not gonna try and convince someone who doesn't seem willing to give a **** regardless. You do you.
Why would I possibly care about this that much

I have better things to raise my blood pressure about besides trying to come up with theories based on incomplete information.

Mate, it’s much more hilarious for me to be wrong without effort than wrong with effort

I’m sorry this is literally just another game to me (but I really really am not sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom