• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
People talk **** on this place

Like “Oh walking into the thread what horrors await me”

Nah **** that

This place is ****ing radical

With radical people

Always ready to help a bro

You guys are ****in special

View attachment 216674

Never forget that
What's the point in being a part of a community if you can't help the other people in it when they need it?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
To be fair you all gave me a “welcome back my dude” but while reading the thread lots of people forgot to include me in their “members who left” ****posts (I was in a lot but I remember being like oh okay to a few) and then, love him, but maaaan the fanfare you gave my boy Faygo kinda made me feel insignificant but that’s petty lol

Edit: okay okay I’ll go chill out before I come and leak anger and depression all over the place further
To be fair, my relationship with Faygo is essentially a common-grounds things. We're both xenodorks, we both ****post, and we both have a smarmy sense of humor. I'm also quite inactive in general, with large absences between topics here and there. If it seems like some of us show favoritism, it's mostly due to bad timing and just common interests. Don't assume this has anything to do with member value either. To me, you and Faygo and Tots are equal.

D

Deleted member

but maaaan the fanfare you gave my boy Faygo kinda made me feel insignificant but that’s petty lol
What are you talking about? When faygo came back, his comeback post got around 15 likes and a couple people said "oh **** he's alive now" and then everything went back to normal! But when you came back, everyone freaked the **** out! Like, everyone was excited and hyped that you were finally back! That's because you're an amazing person and everyone loves you! Including me!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be fair, my relationship with Faygo is essentially a common-grounds things. We're both xenodorks, we both ****post, and we both have a smarmy sense of humor. I'm also quite inactive in general, with large absences between topics here and there. If it seems like some of us show favoritism, it's mostly due to bad timing and just common interests. Don't assume this has anything to do with member value either. To me, you and Faygo and Tots are equal.
i shouldn’t have brought it up

nvm y’all it’s gonna take me some more time to feel comfortable enough to talk again I feel like I messed up again

Maybe another ten minutes

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
nvm y’all it’s gonna take me some more time to feel comfortable enough to talk again I feel like I messed up again

Maybe another ten minutes
Take your time, mate. We'll be here for ya when you're ready.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
i shouldn’t have brought it up
Dude, don't sweat the small stuff, it's fine! I won't go into it any further than I already have. Just know that there are perfectly-reasonable explanations for why events happen, and that you're still cool. Cool?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
tumblr_pqgp1nyVeJ1uqrfrco1_500.gif

I may be a *****, but I'm a ***** with a big heart. When the chips are down, I'm here for every last one of you, no matter what.

Y'all are great, and I love bein' here.

i am a damn idiot for bringing that up man
Hardly. Clearly, it weighed heavily on your mind, and I would much rather you get it off your chest then just sit there and let your intrusive thoughts get worse while people carry on thinking nothing's wrong.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Jesus, y'all don't even know what I've done in the past.

I was a piece of trash teenager who said some really bad **** way back when because I thought I was funny.

I've been spending the last few years finding people I wronged and basically throwing myself at their feet for forgiveness for the ****ty things the me from 10-12 years ago said.

:dr^_^:
"You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad things and then wonders why his life sucks? Well, that was me. Every time something good happened to me, something bad was always waiting around the corner: karma. That's when I realized that I had to change, so I made a list of everything bad I've ever done and one by one I'm gonna make up for all my mistakes. I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Shroob."

But for real, it's commendable that you've put in the effort to make up for things you've done years ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

but maaaan the fanfare you gave my boy Faygo kinda made me feel insignificant but that’s petty lol
Man it wasn't that we were any less excited to see you it was mostly bad timing though if anything I'd say we were just as happy to see you back if not more so you're an amazing person with a right sense of morality and kindness you're our moral compass and without you what do we have? Just a bunch of random people screaming in a thread.

You're our Steve Rodgers, You're our moral compass so we were excited to see you back cause of that. We were memeing on Faygo more and with good timing and nothing to talk about he came back so in that situation we did give him more attention, It was bad timing nothing more.

We (platonically) love both of you, All of us and we were excited and hype to see our moral compass, Our good friend Toasterbrains come back.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Please I really didn’t mean for y’all to accidentally compare us it was something stupid just forget I said that

Shroob

Sup?
"You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad things and then wonders why his life sucks? Well, that was me. Every time something good happened to me, something bad was always waiting around the corner: karma. That's when I realized that I had to change, so I made a list of everything bad I've ever done and one by one I'm gonna make up for all my mistakes. I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Shroob."

But for real, it's commendable that you've put in the effort to make up for things you've done years ago.
*I got that reference.gif*

D

Deleted member

Do you think it's time for a subject change until he gets back, or would that be inappropriate considering the matter at hand here?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
oh yeah and Gentlepanda Gentlepanda is like the anime pervert of the group but he doesn't really perv on anyone except a fictional girl from persona 5 royal and it's not really perving it's more of an obsession
group: "panda, any thoughts on what we should do?"
panda:

group: "we're going to ****ing die here"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm at work rn so I can't say everything I want to say, but Pyra Pyra , if you read this, know that me and everyone else are here to support you. I know it as been said countless time already, but still, you aren't alone man, and as someone who is pretty sensitive and sometime say really dumb ****, I know what you feel all too well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright. Yeah sorry you guys had to witness a biiiiiig mental breakdown on my end. Though I feel rather silly for it since it’s a forum, I have a psychological attachment to this thread and the ultimate section, which is nice for community and not feeling lonely but pretty bad when I have a altered or exaggerated perception when I get emotional, including happiness and anger. Or so it seems apparently.

I’m not gonna lie, even though I said quite a few knives at people I did kinda mean some of it. Like, ignore the more unnecessarily aggressive words and just take the substance and that was what I feel and felt. It was a super rough night for me and it even doubled up on the fact that I’m too embarrassed to tell anyone about it, including my therapist.

This is a great community for sure but now and for the last week or so I’ve been left with a feeling of not being able to help, or say anything, cause I’m scared someone’s going to indirectly talk about what I said, some other mod or something is gonna quote it, and then a bajillion likes are shared between the two posts- and in my head, it looked like everyone was agreeing that what I had to say wasn’t worth it.

That just hurts y’all. Like, I have leadership values, I feel like I can make decent judgement calls, I feel like I can help but the last few months culminating up to that point, and I’m sorry Cyn Cyn you had to deal with my messages, but somehow, someway, i felt like the most useless person on this website

I don’t think it’s something I’ll easily get over

Maybe this would be easier if I wasn’t afraid of eviction or losing my car or the time crunch on having my student loans disputed or affording food or to pay my late bills

Or, maybe I wouldn’t be in this situation without my mental illnesses to begin with.

But that’s irrelevant because I’m here, right now, coming off the tail end of a major emotional breakdown because of an Internet forum

I’m really not okay in general, In real life, and when I feel like I got stabbed through the heart by a place I was coming to feel emotionally safe when other options weren’t available, that... well, it sucked.

The fanfare thing I said? That was just petty because I was feeling bad about everything and so I let that get to me.

Overall I just... I don’t know man.
I want to help and belong but I don’t feel like I do...

But ah, I’m over the breakdown so hopefully I’ll return to normal in about an hour or so. I’m sorry again you guys had to go through several pages of that

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
hopefully that explained it anyway. also hope people read it and didn’t just see a massive text wall and hit like lmao

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you know they say there's no use crying over spilt milk

but man

that was a pretty expensive bit of milk

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I googled "he freaked it" out of curiosity and now I feel @faygoshill is laughing at me at the distance:
View attachment 216677
I googled it right after reading this.

I wish I hadn't.

hopefully that explained it anyway. also hope people read it and didn’t just see a massive text wall and hit like lmao
I read it.

I'm genuinely hoping things come around for you man, you deserve some good karma. We're here for you though, good times and bad.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I googled it right after reading this.

I wish I hadn't.

I read it.

I'm genuinely hoping things come around for you man, you deserve some good karma. We're here for you though, good times and bad.
Oh thank god someone responded I was about to be like “oh no” and start crying again lmfao I’m a mess

Thank you dude I appreciate that. I hope things look up for me soon as well

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Oh thank god someone responded I was about to be like “oh no” and start crying again lmfao I’m a mess

Thank you dude I appreciate that. I hope things look up for me soon as well
i read it all but all i am is a ****post responder and i'm not sure anyone needs a ****post response from ol panda when they're feeling genuinely down

KMDP

Smash Legend
People talk **** on this place

Like “Oh walking into the thread what horrors await me”

Nah **** that

This place is ****ing radical

With radical people

Always ready to help a bro

You guys are ****in special

View attachment 216674

Never forget that
Well, at the very least we're probably the best of the Smash fandom. :p

No, but seriously, this place is special to me, with some special people in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom