• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also **** The Predator (2018). Easily worst film of last year. Almost two seconds away from being a bad parody with Thor: Ragnarok levels of humor and literally turned Predator into a ******* joke such as having the Predator of all things use a guys severed arm with a thumbs up sticking it through a window letting the driver know its okay.

Treats like autism is the next big step in evolution, has a kid murder someone with the Predator mask he's wearing during Halloween and giving two ***** about it without any concern he just murdered someone and totally ignores what made the Predators unique to begin with being these hunters with strict codes and honors degrading to them trying to invade earth once global warming kills us.

And that's just scratching the surface...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Revised list:

Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099
Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan
Godfather Part II
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Kung Fu Panda 2

(Up for debate) HTTYD 2

You’re forgetting the biggest of them all...

Cars 2 :p
You’re getting coal in your stocking this year.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Revised list:

Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099
Godfather Part II
Kung Fu Panda 2

(Up for debate) HTTYD 2

where's Fifth Element?

edit: nvm, shouldve figured about the sequels.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
The new Sonic design looks great.

Horrible jokes aside, the movie seems like it could be a good family movie, but whoever made that Sonic design should find a different job.

Now, if only the design was in Smash so I could troll online.
Wait for someone at GameBanana to pick up on that idea. Which reminds me, mods are great.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kung Fu Panda Trilogy is perfect example of a great trilogy. First two I thought were equally good and the third whole it didn't hold up to the last two I still thought was very good.

They better not ruin it with cash grabbing sequels and milk it out...

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Unpopular opinion, but my favorites of the original Star Wars trilogy and the Indiana Jones trilogy are Return of the Jedi for Star Wars and The Last Crusade for Indians Jones.
Totally agree on Last Crusade, and while overall Return of the Jedi is probably the weakest of the 3 OT movies, the third act with Luke, Vader and the Emperor is like peak Star Wars to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah sequels arguably better.

Nevermind what I said about the Heisei Gamera Trilogy then because they're all equally good.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
These are sequels that are arguably better than the original...

Unless you're convinced it's a sequel to the Die Hard movies :yoshi:
It's not a bad list to think about. I cant really think of much where the sequels were better. it does happen tho

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m unfamiliar with those, sorry.
Nevermind what I said now because I didn't know until now this was about sequels being better then the original and to me all three Heisei Gamera films are equally good.

You need to watch them BTW. Definitely among those must-see films before you die. Whether or not you're a kaiju fan. They're a work of art.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The first Michael Bay Transformers isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's not a good movie but it can be fun.
My mom and I used to watch Transformers together in the morning when I was a kid, and we made it a thing to watch the Transformers movies too. For reference, we made it to The Last Knight in theaters.

The first three movies can be a good time, if only because Shia Labeouf. Transformers 4 is far too long, even without the part where they go to China, and Transformers 5 is just boring.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Revised list:

Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099
Godfather Part II
Kung Fu Panda 2

(Up for debate) HTTYD 2

So I just checked a bunch of internet lists, and here are a couple of others that are commonly brought up:

The Bride of Frankenstein
Spider-Man 2
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nevermind what I said now because I didn't know until now this was about sequels being better then the original and to me all three Heisei Gamera films are equally good.

You need to watch them BTW. Definitely among those must-see films before you die. Whether or not you're a kaiju fan.
I mean it could be either on par or better than the originals, I’ll add them on the list if I get anymore sequels

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Y’all let’s hear your deliciously hot takes on movies that absolutely are unnecessary to harp on
Age of Ultron wasn't that good
Spiderman 3 wasn't THAT bad (it still sucked though)
Though I prefer Spiderman 2, the Green Goblin was a better villian
Sponge Out of Water > The Spongebob Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom