• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Y’all let’s hear your deliciously hot takes on movies that absolutely are unnecessary to harp on about

Does a Thanos **** in the woods
The first Michael Bay Transformers isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's not a good movie but it can be fun.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Shrek 2 is a perfect example where a sequel is better then the first movie.

Same with Rocky sequels (Except 5) and Aliens (1986).
I was expecting better for Shrek 2. I watched it recently and to me it just didn't have the same magic as the first one.
Could be that watching it 8 years after the first makes a difference tho :p

D

Deleted member

>Be me
>Start watching Youtube for 5 minutes
>Fall asleep
>Wake up 20 minutes later
>Look outside
>There are 5 cops outside
>oh****.jpg
>Someone went 100 MPH and got into a crash
>They were admitted to the hospital
>ohno.png

I don't know if they're okay but I hope they are.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It’s worth watching, Shrek 2 is the best out of the series.
That's what I've been hearing.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try watching it once I have the chance.

I've seen the famous "Holding Out For A Hero" scene, and if the rest of the movies is as good as that, I think I'll be in for a good time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yoshi is very different in ultimate, i find. I play him but it doesn't feel like the same.
Still a fun character tho. I love characters that can really move around in the air.
Agreed. Floaty characters are easy and a lot of fun to use lol, heavy or light. Because of that I also feel like they're the best to start with for anyone playing casually.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
honestly, that flavor slaps
I think I've finally figured out my opinion on them. I don't like them mixed with the fruity flavors but on their own they're great.

Basically I just can't be surprised by them lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also **** Alien 3 and its prequels. Former made Aliens all meaningless killing of Newt, Hicks and Ripley and the xenomorphs did not need to be demysteryified. It was one of those cases where mystery works better.

As far as I'm concerned. The Alien franchise concluded with Aliens with Ripley, Newt and Hicks heading back to earth to live peacefully with Ripley and Hicks getting together and adopting Newt.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Incredibles 2 was super lame for a sequel hyped up for 14 years. Nowhere near as good as the first one.
This is objectively true

The first Shrek is boring and kinda dull, even when you try watch it for the memes. Tbh, it just really didn't age well, and a lot of the jokes just didn't work for me.

Still interested to check Shrek 2 out, though, as I heard it was an improvement
Shrek 2 is BY FAR my favorite. Shrek one is nice for the memes and nostalgia, but shrek 2 is actually on my favorite movies list. It was so god damn fun lol

D

Deleted member

Y’all let’s hear your deliciously hot takes on movies that absolutely are unnecessary to harp on about
Star Trek: First Contact was amazing and I don't give a **** what anybody else says!

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
The new Sonic design looks great.

Horrible jokes aside, the movie seems like it could be a good family movie, but whoever made that Sonic design should find a different job.

Now, if only the design was in Smash so I could troll online.

Honestly, I've gotten used to the design I think, but it doesn't look like a good design and that's ignoring how it isn't his usual design.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I found this, and now you all have to see it too.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Agreed. Floaty characters are easy and a lot of fun to use lol, heavy or light. Because of that I also feel like they're the best to start with for anyone playing casually.
Well yoshi has a better recovery now at least so he's not that hard of a character. But I dont suggest it to newbies because he still plays differently and grab isn't as good.

It's also weird how heavy he is compared to jigglypuff which I also use. He can take some hits.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099

All sequels that are on par if not better than the originals. Can anyone list any more?
Heeeyyy you're also forgetting the other two films in the Heisei Gamera Trilogy.

Also the Rocky sequels (Except 5) and Guardians Vol. 2.

D

Deleted member

>Be me
>Start watching Youtube for 5 minutes
>Fall asleep
>Wake up 20 minutes later
>Look outside
>There are 5 cops outside
>oh****.jpg
>Someone went 100 MPH and got into a crash
>They were admitted to the hospital
>ohno.png

I don't know if they're okay but I hope they are.
I hope they turn out to be okay!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099

All sequels that are on par if not better than the originals. Can anyone list any more?
The Godfather: Part 2 is usually listed among the greatest sequels, right

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099

How to train your Dragon 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2 come to mind. Also if we talk about live action, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and the Godfather 2 are fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Dark Knight
Aliens
Toy Story 2
Blade Runner 2099

How To Train Your Dragon 2 is way better than the first one, in my opinion!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
HTTYD2 I actually found IMO unpopular-wise to be a step-down but otherwise The Hidden World to be an improvement and great conclusion to the series though I still had some nitpicks but didn't stop me from loving it.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion, but my favorites of the original Star Wars trilogy and the Indiana Jones trilogy are Return of the Jedi for Star Wars and The Last Crusade for Indians Jones.

D

Deleted member

Someone said Cars 2?
I remember falling asleep when I first watched that.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion, but my favorites of the original Star Wars trilogy and the Indiana Jones trilogy are Return of the Jedi for Star Wars and The Last Crusade for Indians Jones.
I agree with Return of the Jedi cause it's my favorite too though I've never seen the original Indiana Jones trilogy nor any of the movies period.

I really should get around to that one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom