• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"It's just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process."

>james cameron makes six avatar movies featuring nothing but the same story and the same villain (yes they're bringing back the dead colonel dude as a villain for avatar 2-4)
"There's other stories to tell!" I cry as I insist the generic Mighty Whitey Saviour movie is bold and revolutionary before shrinking to a corncob

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
fun fact: even if endgame beats avatar at $2.7 billion, it will only be the second highest selling entertainment product behind GTA V's $6 billion

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still remember when in 2009 reporters and talk show hosts said the Avatar movies will dominate the 2010s cinema.

Heh
images (32).jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real talk, avatar is boring, but goddamn is it still a beautiful movie. Watching it again you can tell how it made so much money.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wholesome stuff like that is why I keep coming back to this thread.

We need more wholesome stuff in this world.

Say the guy who is into lewd stuff and make weird *** nightmarish creatures.
me, encouraging wholesome content while simultaneously nudging Mythra Mythra for a six part edea saga

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Real talk, avatar is boring, but goddamn is it still a beautiful movie. Watching it again you can tell how it made so much money.
The environments are visually astounding.

It translated well to the theme parks, too. Disney Parks fans hated the idea of it having an entire section of Animal Kingdom, but even most of the people who hate the idea admit the actual section is gorgeously themed.

D

Deleted member

>when the top 10 highest grossing films of all time will inevitably all be owned by the same company
5f0.gif

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I still remember when in 2009 reporters and talk show hosts said the Avatar movies will dominate the 2010s cinema.

Heh
View attachment 216384
To be fair, it did take an entire decade for a real challenger to show up.

But yeah Avatar should be dethroned. For the highest grossing movie of all time it has no cultural impact whatsoever.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
>when the top 10 highest grossing films of all time will inevitably all be owned by the same company
View attachment 216386
The only two in the top 10 that Disney currently doesn't own are Jurassic World and Furious 7, both Universal (AKA Comcast), one of the few film studios bigger than Disney, itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Man with the Yellow Hat should euthanize Curious George.

The monkey causes more problems than he’s worth. His curiosity has hurt or at the very least made peoples lives more difficult just because The Man with the Yellow Hat can’t be bothered to control him. After this many “lessons” the damn monkey has had after ****ing everyone over, it’s clear he’s not gonna learn. He’s gonna keep ****ing up. And we’re all made to pay the price just because The Man with the Yellow Hat has no sense of decency.

Eventually the monkey will end up causing a death or many deaths & he needs to be destroyed before it happens.

The monkey has got to go.. If The Man with the Yellow Hat isn’t able to do it himself, he should turn the monkey over to the people and let them handle it. And after it’s done The Man with the Yellow Hat should at the very least be fined and made to do community service.

And If he resists he can follow Curious George into death.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll never see what people even saw in that CGI fest of a film to begin with. Take out the visuals and people would see the generic film it is as all it was is Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves mixed together with a dash of outer space included.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I gotta say that Ridley's upsmash has to be one of the most satisfying moves in the entire game for me. When it connects I swear it feels even better than Captain Falcon's F-air
I think it's cause it's got invincibility frames on it meaning whenever anyone tries to challenge it you get a feeling of "You fool, you made one of the most basic mistakes that a genius such as myself lured you right in to"

Of course, then someone counters it which makes me scream in panic

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The Man with the Yellow Hat should euthanize Curious George.

The monkey causes more problems than he’s worth. His curiosity has hurt or at the very least made peoples lives more difficult just because The Man with the Yellow Hat can’t be bothered to control him. After this many “lessons” the damn monkey has had after ****ing everyone over, it’s clear he’s not gonna learn. He’s gonna keep ****ing up. And we’re all made to pay the price just because The Man with the Yellow Hat has no sense of decency.

Eventually the monkey will end up causing a death or many deaths & he needs to be destroyed before it happens.

The monkey has got to go.. If The Man with the Yellow Hat isn’t able to do it himself, he should turn the monkey over to the people and let them handle it. And after it’s done The Man with the Yellow Hat should at the very least be fined and made to do community service.

And If he resists he can follow Curious George into death.
...Are you ok there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom