• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just curious, I advanced a bit on my Hota/Alicia brother sprite, soooo, anyone interested to see what I came up with? It's not alot but still.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, I was kind of disappointed they didn't show off his more intelligent side in Smash at all.

I wonder what he'd sound like if he did have proper voice acted lines though? I'd hope it'd at least be a little bit menacing of a voice, anyway...
Gwen said it best, but his animations and moveset actually do showcase a good amount of his personality and intelligence. From the obvious ones like his idle animations and victory screens, to the minor ones like the grimace he gives when he fails to grab someone with his Side-B or using his tail as a balance for his Up-Smash, they did a great job showcasing what the character is about and how smart he is in using the tools at his disposal. It's actually pretty impressive what they managed to sneak in for him.

As for voices, I always liked the suggestion of Robert Eugland for Ridley. He played Scarecrow in Injustice 2 and I feel that would be a good direction for the character.

D

Deleted member

The Infinity Gaunlet looks like it would sing a song about the ABCs if you pressed it in the right place.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So people are talking about voices

I did a post about that a long time ago

The post

Not all of them are serious but look through it, there's some good stuff

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Gwen said it best, but his animations and moveset actually do showcase a good amount of his personality and intelligence. From the obvious ones like his idle animations and victory screens, to the minor ones like the grimace he gives when he fails to grab someone with his Side-B or using his tail as a balance for his Up-Smash, they did a great job showcasing what the character is about and how smart he is in using the tools at his disposal. It's actually pretty impressive what they managed to sneak in for him.

As for voices, I always liked the suggestion of Robert Eugland for Ridley. He played Scarecrow in Injustice 2 and I feel that would be a good direction for the character.
Injustice 2 Scarecrow is exactly the voice I was thinking of too! Maybe just add a filter to make it sound more monstrous, but his sadistic mannerisms and tone are spot on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Holy **** that voice sounds pretty much perfect. And he balances his tail for upsmash? Holy **** I'm gonna look that up now

Iridium

Smash Hero
I sometimes forget Link speaks in the manga. Not canon, though.

I guess he needed more character that could be read than heard. Why did I just remind myself that I need it?

The Infinity Gaunlet looks like it would sing a song about the ABCs if you pressed it in the right place.
Best post as of today.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Goddammit that Nabbit was a terrible idea.

I can't stop chuckling at my own **** long enough to type, send help.

*cough*
Corrin x Edea 2.5 ft. Airy?
*cough*
How're you gonna get a 2.5 ft. Airy?

You gonna bust out the bicycle pump or some sh-

everyone's seven inches tall until the boss fight kicks in

I...hrm.

39453574_719421148394940_6647588615100563456_n.jpg

Suddenly I find myself with a lot to contemplate.

D

Deleted member

Endgame Box office.jpg
Dread it, Run from it, Endgame arrives all the same.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda liked my previous post, and Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & KarneraMythos KarneraMythos asked me to tag them whatever I share my work here, so I figure the two might be interested.

In all cases, here you go, remember it's still In-Progress work.
New Hota beta exemple 2.gif

Yeah, in case you didn't got it the first time, Hota isn't as....let's say, humanoid as his sister.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly seeing Endgame sink Titanic and approach Avatar is pretty cathartic after James Cameron went full-on film snob about the MCU. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How're you gonna get a 2.5 ft. Airy?

You gonna bust out the bicycle pump or some sh-

Imagine someone sitting on a geyser or any water fountain and getting launched upward by the force.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait until Endgame leaves theaters but it's $1000 away from Avatar still.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yo I know Wii Fit Trainer's significantly better this time around but holy **** I just found out Deep Breathing not only heals you, not only gives you a damage boost but it also reduces damage taken. I THINK it increases speed but I haven't seen any data on that

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Anyone ever see some index cards and just go, like:

IMG_20190505_151713748.jpg

"Imma cute the **** outta those things."

Imagine someone sitting on a geyser or any water mountain and getting launched upward by the force.
I am now.

To the Discord when done my friend.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo I know Wii Fit Trainer's significantly better this time around but holy **** I just found out Deep Breathing not only heals you, not only gives you a damage boost but it also reduces damage taken. I THINK it increases speed but I haven't seen any data on that
thats what it did in smash 4 tho

thats what its been doing for the past 5 years

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It increases their walking speed, run speed, initial dash speed, and fall speed, yes. She's already fun to play without Deep Breathing, but she gets really intense with it.

Definitely one of my favorite buff moves in the game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly seeing Endgame sink Titanic and approach Avatar is pretty cathartic after James Cameron went full-on film snob about the MCU. :p
It's ironic as hell too as he's got like 5 more Avatar movies planned

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Re: voices, Odyssey pretty much nailed what I'd want from the Mario series going forward, though I wouldn't be against Mario having more full lines, cos Charles Martinet

Speaking of him, I hope they continue with what they started in WarioWare Gold, cos I loved the voices in that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Imagine someone sitting on a geyser or any water fountain and getting launched upward by the force.
Hit me with that good weird **** on discord, fam.

I must see it for SCIENCE!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It increases their walking speed, run speed, initial dash speed, and fall speed, yes. She's already fun to play without Deep Breathing, but she gets really intense with it.

Definitely one of my favorite buff moves in the game.
And she has a butt hitbox on her up tilt.

That's very important.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's ironic as hell too as he's got like 5 more Avatar movies planned
"It's just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process."

>james cameron makes six avatar movies featuring nothing but the same story and the same villain (yes they're bringing back the dead colonel dude as a villain for avatar 2-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom