• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

If we're talking about 4chan leaks, somebody also posted this in the comments. We can't really verify it but it is something to consider, particularly with DLC Fighter 4 because that's actually a very intelligent character to represent the series.

Papa, I sent this rumor to you via twitter over a month or so ago and it seems pretty legit now. I can no longer find the 4chan post it was on, but I had copied the information because I thought it seemed pretty legit: "This information was passed onto me by a friend in regards to Smash DLC. He said it came from his source, which has been right many times, but I do not have direct contact with the source, so take this with a grain of salt as I cannot guarantee the information is true:
>DLC 1 (Release Mid-April 2019) : Joker, stage is mementos No need for extra information on this one as it has already been revealed.
>DLC 2 (Reveal: June 2019 – Release: June 2019): Erdrick from Dragon Quest. Reveal is at E3 coinciding with the Reveal of DLC 3. Difference is that after the reveal they will “Surprise” everyone by saying that “Erdrick can be downloaded soon!” and he will be released within a week of his reveal. Stage is Charlock Castle. This one throws me off a little because I don’t know why they wouldn’t just tease Erdrick earlier.
>DLC 3 (Reveal June 2019 – Release: Early September 2019): Banjo Kazooie. Reveal is also at E3 in coordination with Microsoft as Nintendo and Microsoft have been working in tandem a significant amount as of late. The Stage that comes with Banjo Kazooie, however, supposedly does not relate to the Banjo games, but Minecraft instead.
>DLC 4 (Reveal Late September/Early October – Release Early December 2019): Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat 11. Stage seems to be Palace Gates from Mortal Kombat 1, but is actually undecided as they do not know which Mortal Kombat game they want to “nod” to. This Reveal will coincide with Mortal Kombat 11 specific DLC.
>DLC 5 (Reveal: Early Dec-2019 - Release: February 2020): Likely to be revealed at the Video Game awards once more or in a Smash Direct celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Ultimate, but unclear): Goriki from Pokemon Sword and Shield (Final evolution of Grookey Goriki is the Japanese name). Stage is the Pokemon League Champion’s Arena. He was told that the Champion’s Arena can actually be seen already and is located within the crown in the middle-center tower on the Galar map. DLC 5 is the only one I found unusual [within the group] because the other characters are surprising, 3rd-party reps while this is just a standard Nintendo rep.
>I was told that a second DLC fighter’s pass is also to be revealed either at the game awards as well, or as a separate Smash/Nintendo Direct, but not until AFTER Goriki’s reveal. Again, take this with a grain of salt because I was told this by someone I know who has a source, therefore my relationship to the source is not direct."

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/454826294

A Smash Bros cinematic universe would be super dumb, idgaf what you think.
It practically is cinema at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm not saying I believe it, but I think that makes it a tiny bit more...I guess worthy of looking over than most leaks that try and grab your attention with HUGE pieces of info. This is some low-key stuff.
The only real piece of big unknown info was the Tetris/Lucky Charms thing... that's something you wouldn't expect.

SNES games on the Online Service and Cooking Mama Switch aren't really huge leaks/predicitions.

Neither is Netflix.

Don't get me wrong, Banjo is one of the few 3rd party characters I legitimately want in Smash.

But I'm not giving this too much though until the unique aspect of the leak is proven true.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If we're talking about 4chan leaks, somebody also posted this in the comments. We can't really verify it but it is something to consider, particularly with DLC Fighter 4 because that's actually a very intelligent character to represent the series.

Papa, I sent this rumor to you via twitter over a month or so ago and it seems pretty legit now. I can no longer find the 4chan post it was on, but I had copied the information because I thought it seemed pretty legit: "This information was passed onto me by a friend in regards to Smash DLC. He said it came from his source, which has been right many times, but I do not have direct contact with the source, so take this with a grain of salt as I cannot guarantee the information is true:
>DLC 1 (Release Mid-April 2019) : Joker, stage is mementos No need for extra information on this one as it has already been revealed.
>DLC 2 (Reveal: June 2019 – Release: June 2019): Erdrick from Dragon Quest. Reveal is at E3 coinciding with the Reveal of DLC 3. Difference is that after the reveal they will “Surprise” everyone by saying that “Erdrick can be downloaded soon!” and he will be released within a week of his reveal. Stage is Charlock Castle. This one throws me off a little because I don’t know why they wouldn’t just tease Erdrick earlier.
>DLC 3 (Reveal June 2019 – Release: Early September 2019): Banjo Kazooie. Reveal is also at E3 in coordination with Microsoft as Nintendo and Microsoft have been working in tandem a significant amount as of late. The Stage that comes with Banjo Kazooie, however, supposedly does not relate to the Banjo games, but Minecraft instead.
>DLC 4 (Reveal Late September/Early October – Release Early December 2019): Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat 11. Stage seems to be Palace Gates from Mortal Kombat 1, but is actually undecided as they do not know which Mortal Kombat game they want to “nod” to. This Reveal will coincide with Mortal Kombat 11 specific DLC.
>DLC 5 (Reveal: Early Dec-2019 - Release: February 2020): Likely to be revealed at the Video Game awards once more or in a Smash Direct celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Ultimate, but unclear): Goriki from Pokemon Sword and Shield (Final evolution of Grookey Goriki is the Japanese name). Stage is the Pokemon League Champion’s Arena. He was told that the Champion’s Arena can actually be seen already and is located within the crown in the middle-center tower on the Galar map. DLC 5 is the only one I found unusual [within the group] because the other characters are surprising, 3rd-party reps while this is just a standard Nintendo rep.
>I was told that a second DLC fighter’s pass is also to be revealed either at the game awards as well, or as a separate Smash/Nintendo Direct, but not until AFTER Goriki’s reveal. Again, take this with a grain of salt because I was told this by someone I know who has a source, therefore my relationship to the source is not direct."

Problem with Sub-Zero

Mortal Kombat is banned in Japan.

Also if Banjo gets a stage, it is gonna be not Minecraft related. Unless it’s Spiral Mountain in Minecraft.

D

Deleted member

Problem with Sub-Zero

Also if Banjo gets a stage, it is gonna be not Minecraft related. Unless it’s Spiral Mountain in Minecraft.
I understand the logic against MK. It's more western than Banjo for Christ sake. I like the idea of using Sub Zero instead of Scorpion to tone down MK representation.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
maaan i wanna do more voice things but it's not getting tooooo much response right now so i won't bother

but that was fun as hell, been a while since i've talked into my mic

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not sure why that leak is being given attention by Smash fans, because a good portion of that stuff is either a safe guess or was already known.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Anyone here watch Made in Abyss? If so, what were your thoughts on it?
I haven't watched it, I saw a clip of it on YouTube though where two little girls were in separate glass elevators, and one started melting while screaming to be killed before they were a pile of goop as the other girl watched. Said pile of goop was still alive and in agony. I felt like that was enough to tell me what the show's deal was and I decided it wasn't in my interest to watch it.

D

Deleted member

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while.
It's crazy to imagine, but this lines up with how we've heard both Banjo and Minecraft content from leaker sources. It's not out of the realm of possibility if they want to kill two birds with one stone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure why that leak is being given attention by Smash fans, because a good portion of that stuff is either a safe guess or was already known.
It solidifies their views on the subject I suppose.
Problem with Sub-Zero

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Australia? I never heard of MK being banned in Japan. Just that the series never took off, while selling almost as well as Smash due to the rest of the world liking it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
maaan i wanna do more voice things but it's not getting tooooo much response right now so i won't bother

I liked it for my part. Always find these kinda Vocaroo sessions with SB denizens interesting.

If you do another I'll chirp in.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I haven't watched it, I saw a clip of it on YouTube though where two little girls were in separate glass elevators, and one started melting while screaming to be killed before they were a pile of goop as the other girl watched. Said pile of goop was still alive and in agony. I felt like that was enough to tell me what the show's deal was and I decided it wasn't in my interest to watch it.
I'm on the last episode now, so if that scene is in the show then I haven't seen it yet.
That sounds really...wack.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's crazy to imagine, but this lines up with how we've heard both Banjo and Minecraft content from leaker sources. It's not out of the realm of possibility if they want to kill two birds with one stone.
So killing Kazooie, bringing him back, and killing him again?
ALL WITH ONE STONE?

Brutal.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, it is really late! Maybe you'll get more responses in the morning!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Send me examples of your voice over m’lad. I am interested.

D

Deleted member

>A Gen 8 Pokemon that has no correlation to Scorbunny
I'm not really a fan of that chi-
>A Season Pass 2
Okay nevermind I will be rooting for this leak so hard that is all I want, I just want a Season Pass 2. Please just give us a Season Pass 2 with the chance of Geno. I would actually love for this leak to happen.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, I'm not one for breaking down 4chan leaks... but I'm bored, so why not.

I'm just gonna highlight the big problems I have w/ the leak.

-Not gonna bother talking about Erdrick at this point b/c I'd just be beating a dead horse.

-A Minecraft stage coming w/ Banjo seems like a really ****ing stupid thing to do. If you really want a Minecraft stage in the game, just release it separately or pair it w/ Steve. Unless the crossover is specifically Smash Bros X Microsoft, I don't see any reason to pair a Minecraft stage w/ Banjo

-MK is straight up banned in Japan. So I have a very hard time believing that a Japanese developer would put a franchise that's banned in their home country into the game. And on the off chance we do get an MK character, why Sub-Zero and not Scorpion?

In short: This ain't it chief.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
what if i told you piranha plant is going to be a playable fighter in smash bros
That stupid decision doesn’t make this one less stupid.

Still really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom