• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I mean I’m perfectly fine on mobile with the video embeds but it’s probably best for people not to totally ignore the bajillion times the thread has been told/asked not to do that so much
^
If you're gonna post a ton of videos, at least put them in spoilers or something.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
you laugh until you get leg cancer
LOL can't wait to work off my mutant cell structures with

*reads paper*

ankle height foot pedals.

Also fun fact sitting didn't originate until well after the invention of smoking. Before a lesser known cousin of Thomas Running named Theodore Sitting invented it, everyone just squatted over the ground when they needed to rest.

D

Deleted member

Had a few songs stuck to my head the last couple of days

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeaaaaaahh maybe we should calm down on the embedded Vids. Getting some slow down over here.

D

Deleted member

^
If you're gonna post a ton of videos, at least put them in spoilers or something.
Got it. Without further ado.

I don't just listen to stuff before the 21st century. I do have a lot of modern or video game music because some of this **** just bops.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Live feed of mobile users from pages 5319-5321:
tenor.gif

Live feed of redfeatherraven from pages 5319-5321:
relaxed chu.gif

D

Deleted member

LOL can't wait to work off my mutant cell structures with

*reads paper*

ankle height foot pedals.

Also fun fact sitting didn't originate until well after the invention of smoking. Before a lesser known cousin of Thomas Running named Theodore Sitting invented it, everyone just squatted over the ground when they needed to rest.
of course, everyone always forgets about the third cousin: terry crawling

justified, as he murdered sixteen people during a botched drug run. he didn't exactly have the best pr

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I started dancing to a song like genuinely carefree a second ago for the first time in ages

Y’all I think drawing is making me feel emotions while alone again

Watching myself get better feels good

I used to want to quit all the time as I got better at things for one reason or another. In overwatch I was scared of committing to one character despite how good I (was) at Reaper.

Same with drawing. I dug up some old barely used sketchbooks that have some pretty neat stuff in them! But it looks like after I drew nice stuff I drew pretty poorly and that must have been a blow to my very core and I stopped.

This time I’m forcing myself to show people what I’m doing and learning to take the blows as they come and learn from them and it feels really good.

Anyway it’s Saturday evening for me, should I spend the next 10 posts each with one fun fact or answer 10 questions using my voice on vocaroo (hopefully it works on mobile cause I really don’t wanna set up my blue yeti right now)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I started dancing to a song like genuinely carefree a second ago for the first time in ages

Y’all I think drawing is making me feel emotions while alone again

Watching myself get better feels good

I used to want to quit all the time as I got better at things for one reason or another. In overwatch I was scared of committing to one character despite how good I (was) at Reaper.

Same with drawing. I dug up some old barely used sketchbooks that have some pretty neat stuff in them! But it looks like after I drew nice stuff I drew pretty poorly and that must have been a blow to my very core and I stopped.

This time I’m forcing myself to show people what I’m doing and learning to take the blows as they come and learn from them and it feels really good.

Anyway it’s Saturday evening for me, should I spend the next 10 posts each with one fun fact or answer 10 questions using my voice on vocaroo (hopefully it works on mobile cause I really don’t wanna set up my blue yeti right now)
I'm super happy for you!

Answer questions with your voice, that'd be funny.

PF9

Smash Lord
For those who turn off the ingame music in Ultimate the best music to play from another device is classic metal that's what I do.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's so bizarre that two of the three songs you chose I actually perform at gigs lol.

Yeah they would fit, and I give you props for not going for that ****y easy target "Walk the Dinosaur" :yoshi:
Interesting to hear that, didn’t know you performed.

Would you be able to chose one out of those three? I promise this is the last question on the topic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For those who turn off the ingame music in Ultimate the best music to play from another device is classic metal that's what I do.
Broke: Turning off ingame music so you can listen to metal instead.

Woke: Turning off ingame music so you can listen to Zinnia's theme no matter what stage you're on.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So since we're on the topic of music, how has the games you've played shaped or influenced your taste in music?

Jet Set Radio really opened me up to new styles of music that really resonated with me, Hideki Naganuma AKA Skankfunk is still one of my all time favorite artists. I listened to Jet Set Radio.Live for years now, and found new genres all because I decided to impulse buy Jet Set Radio on steam.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
One: Eyyyy, pika main.

Two: Sounds viable to me, I'll give that a shot.

Three:
1557021192203.png

thats-pretty-metal.jpg

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Interesting to hear that, didn’t know you performed.

Would you be able to chose one out of those three? I promise this is the last question on the topic.
Best Day of My Life and Wake Me Up are the songs I perform. I'll go with the other one though, as that's slightly more dynamic and hits that tonal sweet spot for me.

Also Ice Age :yoshi:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
On the request of Noipoi, I'll be taking 10 questions that I'll respond to via voice using Vocaroo.

Only ten, and it'll be the first 10 I see (there may be a chance I see them out of order, but thems the breaks)

Click here for the first message and let the games begin.

PF9

Smash Lord
As an example I play train related songs while fighting on Spirit Train such as

Contraband - All the Way from Memphis
Bon Jovi - Homebound Train
Warrant - Train, Train

I play anthemic songs on Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So since we're on the topic of music, how has the games you've played shaped or influenced your taste in music?
My tastes in music are so varied and come from so many different sources it's really hard for me to tell.

Mostly it's just been more good music in a general good music environment that's kinda added to the pile.

On the request of Noipoi, I'll be taking 10 questions that I'll respond to via voice using Vocaroo.

Only ten, and it'll be the first 10 I see (there may be a chance I see them out of order, but thems the breaks)

Click here for the first message and let the games begin.
Boxers or briefs?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
POST THE LINKS TO THE VIDS MY DUDES.

I'm not even currently on Mobile, and I don't usually have a problem with it when I'm on mobile, but ya'll have been told numerous times to put the links there.

Spoilering videos still makes the page load up with the videos. Spoilering them doesn't prevent that.

Just post the link with the title, like so:

One of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Help out the folks who have trouble loading it when you guys post so many. Share the link.

D

Deleted member

Jet Set Radio really opened me up to new styles of music that really resonated with me, Hideki Naganuma AKA Skankfunk is still one of my all time favorite artists. I listened to Jet Set Radio.Live for years now, and found new genres all because I decided to impulse buy Jet Set Radio on steam.
Super Smash Bros Brawl was one of the first soundtracks I actually looked forward to as a kid. I didn't really appreciate Melee's soundtrack as a kid, but Brawl pumping out multiple music tracks for one stage while being grander in every form was a treat to my ears. Plus it introduced me to Gen 4 Pokemon music. Most of my influence in music came from my family, though. My dad had a lot of pop music and my brother gave me the more exotic and experimental tastes. While I liked my dad's music more at the time, I appreciate my bro's tastes as I got older.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3rnyqI7dFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZJ-cPcKtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0JrmT3FjBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HI_xFQWiYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zASQ9hYM41U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdih7kjmQJw

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As an example I play train related songs while fighting on Spirit Train such as

Contraband - All the Way from Memphis
Bon Jovi - Homebound Train
Warrant - Train, Train

I play anthemic songs on Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Disappointed you didn’t mention Ozzy Osbourne’s Crazy Train.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom