• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'll do you one better

Why is the Microsoft rep?
rumors have been swirling recently about a major partnership between microsoft and nintendo. while an alliance like this would have been unheard of only a year ago, nintendo and microsoft have gradually shown an increased willingness to work with each other. the nintendo switch port of minecraft uses xbox live to connect players with each other, enabling crossplay and other features. nintendo and microsoft even collaborated to make a commercial advertising crossplay between the switch and xbox one.

since then, rumors of a more substantial collaboration between the two companies have sprung up. it has been widely reported that microsoft intends to bring xbox live to the nintendo switch, the details of which can be seen here.

though the idea of xbox live on the switch may not make sense at first, here’s a brief summary of how the service would function: third party games that rely on online communities and multiplayer communication, such as rocket league, would use xbox live’s features, like party chat and direct messages, while on nintendo switch. nintendo has notoriously failed when it comes to building their online services and being able to use xbox live on the nintendo switch would improve the online experience drastically.

you may ask what microsoft has to gain from bringing xbox live to switch, but as other software giants like apple prepare their own multiplatform gaming services, microsoft is willing to partner with their former competitors to keep up. microsoft is shifting the xbox brand from a gaming console towards a gaming service, intending to bring the xbox brand of gaming to as many devices as possible. one of the most exciting ways microsoft is allegedly accomplishing this is bringing xbox game pass to nintendo switch.

in this essay i will attempt to

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
rumors have been swirling recently about a major partnership between microsoft and nintendo. while an alliance like this would have been unheard of only a year ago, nintendo and microsoft have gradually shown an increased willingness to work with each other. the nintendo switch port of minecraft uses xbox live to connect players with each other, enabling crossplay and other features. nintendo and microsoft even collaborated to make a commercial advertising crossplay between the switch and xbox one.

since then, rumors of a more substantial collaboration between the two companies have sprung up. it has been widely reported that microsoft intends to bring xbox live to the nintendo switch, the details of which can be seen here.

though the idea of xbox live on the switch may not make sense at first, here’s a brief summary of how the service would function: third party games that rely on online communities and multiplayer communication, such as rocket league, would use xbox live’s features, like party chat and direct messages, while on nintendo switch. nintendo has notoriously failed when it comes to building their online services and being able to use xbox live on the nintendo switch would improve the online experience drastically.

you may ask what microsoft has to gain from bringing xbox live to switch, but as other software giants like apple prepare their own multiplatform gaming services, microsoft is willing to partner with their former competitors to keep up. microsoft is shifting the xbox brand from a gaming console towards a gaming service, intending to bring the xbox brand of gaming to as many devices as possible. one of the most exciting ways microsoft is allegedly accomplishing this is bringing xbox game pass to nintendo switch.

in this essay i will attempt to
I don't know what's worse, the fact you did this seemingly on autopilot for a few minutes or the fact I considered doing the same thing

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I don't know what's worse, the fact you did this seemingly on autopilot for a few minutes or the fact I considered doing the same thing
come now, gwen

would i really go to all that effort just for a rep i don't think is happening

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You have Pikayoshi in your list, right? :yoshi:
No, unfortunately, on account of the nose.

Very hard to do that nose proper justice, I've found.

How about a dabbing Pikachu, or have you already done that?
Haven't yet, but due to the motions involved I'd likely have to draw that one completely custom.

Adjusting the arms is possible, if a huge pain in the ass, but the head's another matter.
Then I want you to have Pikachu cosplay as a FlorkofCows comic. Here is an example
View attachment 216089
tenor (33).gif

Gimme a sec.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sure. So if Erdrick is in, you draw me something. If Erdrick is not in, I draw you something in addition to my other consequences for that bet.
Jeez dude, you're just tacking on more and more. I'm afraid to ask how much stuff you got built up for yourself ;p

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The power of movie Sonic
There's not a good reason for me to quote this post in particular, I'm just using it as an opportunity to ask you an urgent question.
Hey Noipoi Noipoi , you left your beans while you were over at my place, do you want to come over and pick them up?
Never mind, I got you. Check your mailbox when I send you over the beans that you (and everybody else) forgot about.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No, unfortunately, on account of the nose.

Very hard to do that nose proper justice, I've found.

Haven't yet, but due to the motions involved I'd likely have to draw that one completely custom.

Adjusting the arms is possible, if a huge pain in the ***, but the head's another matter.

View attachment 216090

Gimme a sec.
Look at the dude's twitter some time for some truly surreal ****. You get to choose which character you want, such as Ung, tago, Captain Rich, the magical girl with a gun for a tongue, the banana from the universe where they're animals or just a regular sock puppet

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
There's not a good reason for me to quote this post in particular, I'm just using it as an opportunity to ask you an urgent question.
Hey Noipoi Noipoi , you left your beans while you were over at my place, do you want to come over and pick them up?
Never mind, I got you. Check your mailbox when I send you over the beans that you (and everybody else) forgot about.

I realized that just because @faygoshill left, we shouldn't be deprived of our beanposts. Therefore, I took the liberty to duplicate these beans into a 3x3 panel from my beancraft server 3000 by withdrawing them out of a chest at the same time so I could share the delicious beans that Noipoi and I were thoroughly enjoying. Cheers!
there's too many beans here

D

Deleted member

Jeez dude, you're just tacking on more and more. I'm afraid to ask how much stuff you got built up for yourself ;p
For the Banjo bet, it's this.

• If I, Bolderousness, loses the bet via no Banjo, I will have to 100% DK 64, beat Battletoads (save states allowed only at start of level), and delete my account. I will also have to watch Kamen Rider Blade
For Erdrick, it's this.
  • With Shotostar, TPC, Zeke, and Hinata, I must engage in a 5 page private conversation with Gothfluttershy over the best fictional animals. In addition, I must do a no-reset run of FE Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn's hard modes, draw Pyra something, and delete my account.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
| | | | | |
I realized that just because @faygoshill left, we shouldn't be deprived of our beanposts. Therefore, I took the liberty to duplicate these beans into a 3x3 panel from my beancraft server 3000 by withdrawing them out of a chest at the same time so I could share the delicious beans that Noipoi and I were thoroughly enjoying. Cheers!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Bit of wishful thinking, but this still looks pretty nice.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Look at the dude's twitter some time for some truly surreal ****. You get to choose which character you want, such as Ung, tago, Captain Rich, the magical girl with a gun for a tongue, the banana from the universe where they're animals or just a regular sock puppet
It'll be a regular sock puppet as soon as I can hunt down my tablet.

Can't draw with a mouse for ****.

D

Deleted member

Also Teeb147 Teeb147 , since you're taking the plunge into betting Hell because of me, I will also down a shot of hot sauce if I lose the Banjo bet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

*CDI Mario voice* You know what they say, beans beans good for the heart the more you eat the more you fart

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For the Banjo bet, it's this.

• If I, Bolderousness, loses the bet via no Banjo, I will have to 100% DK 64, beat Battletoads (save states allowed only at start of level), and delete my account. I will also have to watch Kamen Rider Blade
For Erdrick, it's this.
  • With Shotostar, TPC, Zeke, and Hinata, I must engage in a 5 page private conversation with Gothfluttershy over the best fictional animals. In addition, I must do a no-reset run of FE Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn's hard modes, draw Pyra something, and delete my account.
You must like gambling :)
Or at least making things interesting. I was gonna say I hope you like talking about my little pony, but that's in the erdrick section so that's not as bad ;p

Also, I forgot to ask about the thread title being reversed.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also Teeb147 Teeb147 , since you're taking the plunge into betting Hell because of me, I will also down a shot of hot sauce if I lose the Banjo bet.
o boy. ok. You dont have to but I wont stop you if you want to :)

Depending on the kind of hot sauce i have at hand i might do 2 shots

D

Deleted member

You must like gambling :)
Or at least making things interesting. I was gonna say I hope you like talking about my little pony, but that's in the erdrick section so that's not as bad ;p

Also, I forgot to ask about the thread title being reversed.
I have a summer to kill. This will all be worth it if I lose. I wont lose though.

Also I should probably add more small stuff since I have other people betting because of me. I will also down a shot of hot sauce and change my avatar on the choice of Gentlepanda Gentlepanda if Banjo is not in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have a summer to kill. This will all be worth it if I lose. I wont lose though.

Also I should probably add more small stuff since I have other people betting because of me. I will also down a shot of hot sauce and change my avatar on the choice of Gentlepanda Gentlepanda if Banjo is not in.
Since you'll be deleting your account, will the avatar change be before that or after with a new account?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Okay then...

There's always the good old-fashioned rl costume

And I also found a stylized reference...

If it's the nose that's the problem, that may help... :yoshi:
...hmm.

Guess I can take a second crack at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom