• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I LOVE that song, buuuuuut if I'm being completely honest, P3's credits theme is probably my favorite in the series:

When it comes to credits songs in videogames, there’s one who I love a lot to hear:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You are, yes, but I understand your feelings. I can at least provide a bit of logic to muse over, might help steady you a bit.

It would be far simpler to assassinate her character somehow through her in-game actions or otherwise introduce a plot element to the series that can't be overlooked than changing a fundamental character choice.

Hell if they tried to do it with a gender swap, all Sega and Ninty would have to do to revive the series is change her back.

She already has the designs for it, everything's set, and they go about their business as though 3 were some kind of wacky side-episode. They know 1 and 2 went fine enough, so if they want to continue the series and 3 proves to have made an unpopular choice then reverting it in the next episode is a simple and effective solution. They'd have to convolute the story so hard to swap her gender in the first place that swapping her back would probably be child's play by comparison.

View attachment 215321

Look, for the record, I think we're both pretty aware the fear here is an irrational one and I don't want to seem like I'm attacking you or invalidating the mere fact that you're worried. The fear is understandable because this is something you care about. I ain't gonna hate on that. I've been there myself too many times, over probably more trivial things.

But what I do wanna do is provide you counterpoints so you don't get caught up in a one-person echo chamber and worry yourself in an unhealthy manner.

This'll help you fight the fears. Aight? All it is. And godspeed with it, we're here for ya.

Had to do a bit of digging to answer that, but:

View attachment 215322

Now if you ask me why she's particularly enamored with this bottle of whatever, I have no idea. But judging by the bar backdrop and the salivation I'm assuming it's at least modestly alcoholic and she finds it at least modestly tasty.

Furret is low-key my second-favorite poke of all time, Eevee being first.

I'm a big ferret fan, and I'm also a fan of big ferrets.

View attachment 215325

And whatchu gonna guess, fam?
Thanks. This actually helps a little v

SonicMario

Smash Master
Like, Naughty Dog wanted to kill Crash with CTR so that more games would not be made without them. So they made Nitros Oxide the villain because they thought the alien would ruin it for people.
...Wait really? Crash Bandicoot is essentially a cartoon. Who would care if an alien came out of nowhere.

If they wanted to prevent Crash from being used elsewhere. They'd make CTR bomb, and yet it seems to be a nostalgic game for many and one of the best Mario Kart clones. We're just about two months away from a remake of it being released.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...Wait really? Crash Bandicoot is essentially a cartoon. Who would care if an alien came out of nowhere.

If they wanted to prevent Crash from being used elsewhere. They'd make CTR bomb, and yet it seems to be a nostalgic game for many and one of the best Mario Kart clones. We're just about two months away from a remake of it being released.
I know right. That massively backfired. Really don’t know what they were thinking.

Check out the newest Crash episode of Did You Know Gaming. It’s got developer interviews backing it up.

D

Deleted member

Or they could be trying to kill it intentionally.

Like, Naughty Dog wanted to kill Crash with CTR so that more games would not be made without them. So they made Nitros Oxide the villain because they thought the alien would ruin it for people.

If Platinum is moving towards independence, they might try something like that so SEGA and Nintendo don’t try to make more games without them.

Now I’m just being super paranoid.
Hold it right there with the Naughty Dog bit.

As far as I remember, they only wanted to be separated from Universal Entertainment. They wanted to work on Crash stuff, but they didn’t have another choice but to leave the IP in order to be on their own.
And CTR doesn’t feel like a franchise-killer kind of game, and in fact feels more like a last chapter-kind of thing with the hidden gallery of pictures about Naughty Dog and their track with the franchise.

I think that Platinum isn’t in a scenario like that one, so I don’t see why they would kill the Bayonetta series by doing silly stuff on purpose (which Naughty Dog didn’t really attempt to anyway).

And seriously, how could CTR be a game made to destroy the franchise for everyone when it features this?

At most, CTR is an end-of-book kind of game.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hold it right there with the Naughty Dog bit.

As far as I remember, they only wanted to be separated from Universal Entertainment. They wanted to work on Crash stuff, but they didn’t have another choice but to leave the IP in order to be on their own.
And CTR doesn’t feel like a franchise-killer kind of game, and in fact feels more like a last chapter-kind of thing with the hidden gallery of pictures about Naughty Dog and their track with the franchise.

I think that Platinum isn’t in a scenario like that one, so I don’t see why they would kill the Bayonetta series by doing silly stuff on purpose (which Naughty Dog didn’t really attempt to anyway).
Check with Did You Know Gaming. That’s where I got it from.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So apparently Super Smash Flash 2 is adding the Trophy Stand as an item.

Considering that's something I wanted Smash 4 and Ultimate to do, that's pretty neat.

D

Deleted member

Check with Did You Know Gaming. That’s where I got it from.

If the Oxides thing is true, that would go against everything else present in CTR.

As I mentioned, the game gives the vibes of an end of book kind of thing (roster made of most of the fan-favourites, unlockables showcasing a summary of Naughty Dog’s experience with the IP, the defeat of Cortex and Oxide when counting Warped, etc...). If the idea behind Oxide was to give a feeling of reject to the consumers, it totally feels out-of-place alongside the other stuff present in the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Considering that's something I wanted Smash 4 and Ultimate to do, that's pretty neat.
What would the trophy stand even do in Ultimate?

Also, there should be a way to unlock all the Fighter spirits without just waiting for them to come up in the store. The store needs an overhaul in its entirety come to think of it.

D

Deleted member

I gotta download SSF2 again sometime in the future.

Hopefully it is easier to use than in Brawl.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If the Oxides thing is true, that would go against everything else present in CTR.

As I mentioned, the game gives the vibes of an end of book kind of thing (roster made of most of the fan-favourites, unlockables showcasing a summary of Naughty Dog’s experience with the IP, the defeat of Cortex and Oxide when counting Warped, etc...). If the idea behind Oxide was to give a feeling of reject to the consumers, it totally feels out-of-place alongside the other stuff present in the game.
So what. The developer they interviewed was lying?

D

Deleted member

When it comes to Spirits in general, I keep suggesting this idea: a Spirit battle gallery.

To describe it short, the idea is to add through an update the option of replaying all the spirit battles of each one you collected through the Spirit Gallery.

We almost have something close with the Persona board, but I feel that the option of playing the spirit battles you already won before should be added for anyone who wants to do so without having to start a New Game+ File on WoL or hoping for the wanted spirit to appear on the board.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Katie Tiedrich is a god-tier comic maker

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whelp no going back now. As God came down to Moses in a vision to warn Ramses of his will, Satan has risen from the Earth in this one dream I had two nights ago to prophesize our reality. I've seen the light. Movie Sonic for Smash Bros.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good morning all..
I am so tired still lol..
If that make you feel better, I also feel tired rn haha....

OK, gotta say it now, taking nap sometime make you more tired than anything, and that stink.:ultmario:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Watching the video, and Snake's correct. Naughty Dog understood that CTR would be their last Crash game and the Oxide thing was planned to kill the franchise by jumping the shark.

1556892870243.png

1556892900359.png

The interview with Rubin comes in around 3:48 if you'd like a look, but those two stills are all the further it goes into it.

Unfortunately it backfired, partly because Crash is just wacky enough for it to work and people loved it, and partly because they still busted their asses on the game and a lot of love was put into it, which showed.

Now that all said - none of this would have any relevance to Bayonetta unless we had an indication that Platinum was looking to end the franchise with 3. At present we've got no word on that.

For my part I seriously doubt they'd do it, but I'm just a man puppeting a yellow rodent on the internet.

D

Deleted member

fellas i'm gonna have to stop y'all right there with these credit themes

You can't just drop fire like this without my permission.

Also, I can't believe the Sonic movie is going to be the most accurate video game movie of all time with the insane crunch hours the animators are going to have to endure
It's actually Sonic at its purest when you think about it. Sonic vs. Eggman. How classic can you get beyond time stop powers, real life humans, no Green Hills, cars, and EMP plot devices? This is what I remember from Sonic 1.

D

Deleted member

Also if we're talking credits, this is a phenomenal track for an indie game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also, I can't believe the Sonic movie is going to be the most accurate video game movie of all time with the insane crunch hours the animators are going to have to endure
Remember how the design was “leaked” all those months ago. That was no accident. They did it to gauge opinions then decided to change it. They already had this version of the trailer done so they released it to stir up controversy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What would the trophy stand even do in Ultimate?
The same thing it does in SSF2 and in the SSE, more or less. Throw it and whoever it hits turns into a trophy. Pick it up (about the same weight as a crate) and throw it off the ledge. The more damage the opponent has, the longer they stay trapped in the trophy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1556893114222.png

So far so good for Detective Pikachu, it seems

If the score is at least in the 75% range when there's 80 reviews counted, it'll be certified fresh.

Here's hoping

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The same thing it does in SSF2 and in the SSE, more or less. Throw it and whoever it hits turns into a trophy. Pick it up (about the same weight as a crate) and throw it off the ledge. The more damage the opponent has, the longer they stay trapped in the trophy.
Oh. I see.

I can live without that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jesus Christ stop embedding ****.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You can't just drop fire like this without my permission.

It's actually Sonic at its purest when you think about it. Sonic vs. Eggman. How classic can you get beyond time stop powers, real life humans, no Green Hills, cars, and EMP plot devices? This is what I remember from Sonic 1.
No seriously I don't think people realize how much work it's going to take to redesign Sonic and re-animate him. From what I understand this is a process that tends to take a year or two, yet the people who have to do all that work get less than half a year to do it. Especially as the people who are going to be doing that most likely wanted a more traditional look for the blue blur but the people with power said "No, people want it like THIS!". Not to mention there's a good chance that the people who're going to ****ing ruin themselves with a **** ton of extra work aren't even going to get extra pay for it

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
broke: male bayonetta
woke: female bayonetta
bespoke: fighter #63ε, mayonetta

1556893549505.png

D

Deleted member

Given Platinum's good rapport with Nintendo and Sega, I really doubt they will do something stupid to kill the Bayo series. Plus, Naughty Dog=/=Platinum. They are different companies with different work cultures, differrnt focuses and at different points in gaming industry.
View attachment 215331
So far, so good for Detective Pikachu, it seems

If the score stays at least in the 70% range when there's 80 reviews counted, it'll be certified fresh.

Here's hoping
Its above 75% Im afraid. Still, good chance of remaining fresh.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Any tips for pixel art?
Sorry for the late reply.

Hmmm, it depend, like, are you just starting? If so, I say you should try doing small sprites, and if you don't know what program to use, good 'ol paint as all the basic for you to start with without feeling overwhelmed by 3000 tools to use. You can also try to replicate already existing 8-bits/16-bits sprite while using different colours palettes, to see how much effort are actually put into those sprites and get a better grasp on the process of making one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom