• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Alright I suppose

Youtuber: Not sure, maybe matthewmatosis? Or classic AVGN
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Movie: Groundhog Day (look, I like time shenanigans, okay?)
Sweet Treat: Difficult to narrow down, but anything with caramel in is 10/10 and ginger cookies are da best
Drink: Mango lassi
Meal: Lebanese cuisine is best cuisine
Developer: Yokiashi Koizumi
Pokémon: Dragonite, Flygon, Kabutops, Banette, Slowking
Activity: Vidya, posting on here, coming up with ideas for stuff that I'll never actually create (ideas guy stuff basically)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why? Both of the previous games were stellar despite going through difficulties during development period. We don't know anything about its content. There's no reason to be terrified.
Bayonetta is super special special to me. The universe is infinite and just about anything is statistically possible. And the joking/memeish nature of the internet has brought to me ideas that would ruin the game. Even if they seam unlikely. Beyond what I was talking about yesterday, there’s even the possibility that they could make it open world, or tamper with the gameplay in some other way.

Maybe I’m being paranoid. But I just want a real trailer.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bayonetta is super special special to me. The universe is infinite and just about anything is statistically possible. And the joking/memeish nature of the internet has brought to me ideas that would ruin the game. Even if they seam unlikely. Beyond what I was talking about yesterday, there’s even the possibility that they could make it open world, or tamper with the gameplay in some other way.

Maybe I’m being paranoid. But I just want a real trailer.
Last two games were prety much the same in terms of mechanics and the teaser we got was very in the same vein with the previous ones. Platinum Games know what they are doing.

Everything we know indicates there won't be any big, negative changes. I also have my doubts about it, but being afraid of a potential, big screw up isn't rational.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Game: The World Ends With You.
Movie: I don't watch many movies and when I do, it's mostly horror, so I think I'm going with The Thing (1982).
Sweet treat: Chocolate.
Drink: Coke.
Meal: I'm a big fan of Italian pasta, but macaroni is my #1 favorite.
Developer: Sakurai, I guess.
Pokémon: Venusaur.
Activity: Reading, writing, listening to music, playing video games, watching sports.

D

Deleted member

The games I'm currently hyped for are CTR Nitro Fueled, DQB2, Ultimate Alliance 3, DQXIS, P5Royal, P5Scramble and Metroid Prime 4.

Regarding games already out, I want to pick Mario Tennis Aces, DQ Heroes 1&2, KH3 and maybe P4 Golden with the help of a friend who owns a Vita.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last two games were prety much the same in terms of mechanics and the teaser we got was very in the same vein with the previous ones. Platinum Games know what they are doing.

Everything we know indicates there won't be any big, negative changes. I also have my doubts about it, but being afraid of a potential, big screw up isn't rational.
I guess you’re right. Hopefully the game will be done soon. I wonder why Bayonetta always has troubled development cycles for her games.

don't lie. I’ve seen how you go gaga over Joker. You guys would love a skinny little twink flipping around and showing his ass and pole dancing. You want boy-anetta and I won’t let you ruin her!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess you’re right. Hopefully the game will be done soon. I wonder why Bayonetta always has troubles development cycles for her games.

don't lie. I’ve seen how you go gaga over Joker. You guys would love a skinny little twink flipping around and showing his *** and pole dancing. You want boy-anetta and I won’t let you ruin her!
Ehh... No?
More so because Joker looks like me and wanting that would feel kind of strange in a bad way from my part?

D

Deleted member

So I'm doing a really cool assignment in Art Class
basically we have to draw a cartoon character in Picasso's Style. I chose :ultjoker:, and I think it's turning out pretty well.

D

Deleted member

So I'm doing a really cool assignment in Art Class
basically we have to draw a cartoon character in Picasso's Style. I chose :ultjoker:, and I think it's turning out pretty well.
Share it when you complete it on your Discord and/or here.

I'm sure that some people (myself included) would like to check it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I guess you’re right. Hopefully the game will be done soon. I wonder why Bayonetta always has troubled development cycles for her games.

don't lie. I’ve seen how you go gaga over Joker. You guys would love a skinny little twink flipping around and showing his *** and pole dancing. You want boy-anetta and I won’t let you ruin her!
Um... you do realize Bayonetta is a spiritual successor to Devil May Cry, right? "Boy-onetta" already exists and it doesn't seem like it matters :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed

If this is supposed to be a joke, it's really in poor taste.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean.

Not really?

But even if I did, specifically not at Bayo's expense, she's awesome as-is.

And Platinum ain't stupid. They know that too. Hell they're banking on it. They ain't gonna **** with it, there's no reason to whatsoever.

You're worrying over nothing fam.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Um... you do realize Bayonetta is a spiritual successor to Devil May Cry, right? "Boy-onetta" already exists and it doesn't seem like it matters :yoshi:
Dante is different. I have nothing inherently against male characters. I’m against them replacing pre-established female ones.

I could do see the angle they would take too “bayonetta is all about female sexuality so to punish her a demon takes it away”. Just the thought of it scares me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You’re good. I like you.

Unlike some of these other heathens.

Also, you shouldn’t have revealed that. There are people here who now want to bang you.
[What will Eight do?]
>Run
[What will Yangus do?]
>RUN

[YOUR PARTY RAN AWAY]

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Dante is different. I have nothing inherently against male characters. I’m against them replacing pre-established female ones.

I could do see the angle they would take too “bayonetta is all about female sexuality so to pubish her a demon takes it away”. Just the thought of it scares me.
That is a precedent I am completely unaware of...

In fact, it's often the other way around

osby

Smash Obsessed

I could do see the angle they would take too “bayonetta is all about female sexuality so to punish her a demon takes it away”. Just the thought of it scares me.
Which game randomly changes the gender of their established main character's gender? There's no base for your fear.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That is a precedent I am completely unaware of...

In fact, it's often the other way around
Hey. I love that movie. Especially the extended cut. Lots of cute little character moments.

Ghostbusting is a job. Anyone can do it.

And yes. It doesn’t happen. But lots of people want it to. Lots of misguided people.

Which game randomly changes the gender of their established main character's gender? There's no base for your fear.
Games made by crazy developers who like to stir the pot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, after... Learning something new about what emotionally attracts people I will try to move on with another topic.

The closest thing that comes to my mind regarding Snake's fear of seeing Bayonetta as a man in B3 would be some RPG heroes like the Pokémon trainers or Erdrick. But the thing with those cases is that they always had that option available, so it isn't really a change of gender in the way that Snake describes it.

I don't really remember any case like the one Snake is worried about happening in a videogame.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
There is next to ZERO percent chance they'll arbitrarily change Bayonetta's gender even if there was sizable demand for it. The ONLY way I can see that happening is for a gag that doesn't last past one stage :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

There is next to ZERO percent chance they'll arbitrarily change Bayonetta's gender even if there was sizable demand for it. The ONLY way I can see that happening is for a gag that doesn't last past one stage :yoshi:
Yeah, I basically feel the same.

That worry is just... Too specific and rare that it probably won't happen in the end.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Usually they’re the good kind of crazy
Well..... they ARE crazy

Bat**** insane even :yoshi:
We can agree they are crazy, yeah, but why they would become the "bad" kind of crazy on their most famous franchise? Have you any proofs snake? Or are you just telling from heart instead of logic?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My only proof is the infinite expanse of the universe, and the corollary that everything is likely in an infinite universe.
Alright.

So we have nothing to worry about then.

Move on, folks.:goomba:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Youtuber: Chuggaaconroy
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Movie: The Last Jedi
Series: RWBY (Can't believe Qrow voices himself)
Anime: Gay Persona 4. I mean uh... Diamond is Unbreakable
Sweet Treat: Wine Gums
Drink: Cherry Coca-Cola
Meal: Chinese/Pizza/Steak
Developer: 343i
Pokémon: Blastoise
Activity: Nerd ****, Gym, Wishing I looked like Astolfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom