• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dude, I would take one post a day in the Jill thread. But unfortunately I'm not allowed to double post, so.
This is the reason why I don't post on the Crash and Eight threads as much as I would love to.

I tend to always bring Crash-related news or stuff from Twitter to the thread, but I end up unable to post more after the first time due to the lack of people online and the double post rule.

The Eight thread is even more empty, so I don't even know when someone posts at last to talk more there and prevent a double post warning (not a big deal doh, since I at least have the Erdrick thread to make up for that).

Needless to say, double posts are a fair and useful rule. But it also brings some moments where it is harder to work with slow threads.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'all have been picking favorites it seems...

Don't mind If I join in:

Youtuber: Not quite sure, tbh
Game: Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Haven't played Ultimate yet)
Movie: WALL-E, Singin' in the Rain, Princess Bride
Sweet Treat: Oreos, Ice Cream, Oreo Ice Cream
Drink: Pespi, Water
Meal: Pizza
Developer: Sakurai
Pokémon: Meowstic, Ninetales, Greninja, Victini, Xerneas
Activity: Drawing, Browsing Smashboards

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
YouTuber: Either Caddicarus, MatPat, or the ERB people
Game: Metal Gear Solid
Movie: Ghostbusters
Sweet Treat: Beautiful chocolate
Drink: Coke, Water
Meal: Chicken Alfredo
Developer: Hideo Kojima
Pokémon: Mewtwo and Gengar
Activity: Drawing and playing video games

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is the reason why I don't post on the Crash and Eight threads as much as I would love to.

I tend to always bring Crash-related news or stuff from Twitter to the thread, but I end up unable to post more after the first time due to the lack of people online and the double post rule.

The Eight thread is even more empty, so I don't even know when someone posts at last to talk more there and prevent a double post warning (not a big deal doh, since I at least have the Erdrick thread to make up for that).

Needless to say, double posts are a fair and useful rule. But it also brings some moments where it is harder to work with slow threads.
Yeah that's part of the problem I have with the Layton support thread too. The thread can be a bit slow sometimes, so when a new development comes in for the character, be it a new announcement or new information coming up. It's hard to try and not double post.

I know that the rule is there for a reason, but yeah, just a minor hindrance so i try to make sure that I'm not the last person who posted in the thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah that's part of the problem I have with the Layton support thread too. The thread can be a bit slow sometimes, so when a new development comes in for the character, be it a new announcement or new information coming up. It's hard to try and not double post.

I know that the rule is there for a reason, but yeah, just a minor hindrance so i try to make sure that I'm not the last person who posted in the thread.
Yup.

I wanted to ask something doh:

I wanted to post on the Eight support thread, but the last post there was made by me around two months ago...

Is it fine to double post on this case?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yup.

I wanted to post on the Eight support thread, but the last post there was made by me around two months ago...

I'd imagine it would be fine so long as you've got something substantial to bring up If I recall.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Y'all have been picking favorites it seems...

Don't mind If I join in:

Youtuber: Not quite sure, tbh
Game: Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Haven't played Ultimate yet)
Movie: WALL-E, Singin' in the Rain, Princess Bride
Sweet Treat: Oreos, Ice Cream, Oreo Ice Cream
Drink: Pespi, Water
Pokémon: Meowstic, Ninetales, Greninja, Victini, Xerneas
Activity: Drawing, Browsing Smashboards
I guess I can try this also...

Youtuber: I also have no idea :p
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Movie: The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Sweet Treat: Jaffa Cakes
Drink: Tea, Water
Developer: Sakurai (I'm not just copying your answers, I swear)
Pokémon: What the heck is a Pokeyman?
Activity: Sleeping, crying, playing video games (or all 3 at the same time!)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yup.

No, you should edit your post instead.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Youtuber: I guess CrowbCat though I can't really say for sure
Game: TF2 or Smash Ultimate
Movie: Inside Out
Sweet Treat: Peanut butter ice cream
Drink: Root beer
Meal: Buttered rice
Developer: Aside from Nintendo probably WayForward
Pokémon: Blaziken
Activity: Writing long writeups that no one cares about but are nice to look back and read on.

D

Deleted member

I just saw this favourite stuff thing, so I will do it too:

Youtuber: Cinemassacre or Nitro Rad

Game: Super Metroid, Crash Twinsanity, DQ8, Mach Rider and Godzilla Save The Earth.

Movie: Godzilla vs Megalon, Shin Godzilla, Into the Spider-Verse and The Incredibles.

Sweet treat: I don't know the name of it in english sadly.

Drink: Fanta or Orange juice.

Meal: Chorizo sandwich.

Pokémon: Darkrai and Giratina

Activity: reading, playing with games and travelling places.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No, you should edit your post instead.
Didn't they make an exception of some kind for Character support threads and when they lack activity for a certain amount of time? I know that for regular threads that would be considered necroposting, which is against the rules.

Then again, that was a thing back in the Smash 4 days to prevent people from creating new support threads if I recall, not sure if that rule is still in place for smash Ultimate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Favorites list? Sure, lemme add some categories as well:

Youtuber: ProJared(when will he return?)
Game: Chrono Trigger
Movie: Zodiac(2007)
Series: Brooklyn 99 I guess but all Michael Schur shows are good
Anime: My Hero Academia
Sweet Treat: anything chocolate
Drink: BEPSI
Meal: Spaghetti, lasagna and pizza(I like Italian food a lot, okay)
Developer: *shrug*
Pokémon: Totodile
Activity: Thinking up stories in my head that I'll never actually write down

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So Detective Pikachu is at a 69% on RT
Nice

But just 1% guys, and we made it

It was at a 71% at one point
Getting the regular red tomato is still a feat on it's own...

Beforehand, the highest reviewed video game movie was Rampage with 52%m which still counts as Rotten

Detective Pikachu is currently the first Hollywood video game adaptation to receive the Fresh rating, even if it isn't certified

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Didn't they make an exception of some kind for Character support threads and when they lack activity? I know that for regular threads that would be considered necroposting, which is against the rules.

Then again, that was a thing back in the Smash 4 days to prevent people from creating new support threads if I recall, not sure if that rule is still in place for smash Ultimate.
I'm not aware of such a rule. Maybe you should try talking with a more experienced mod, but I think you'd still be keeping a thread alive all by yourself, which kinda goes against their purpose.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom