• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My only proof is the infinite expanse of the universe, and the corollary that everything is likely in an infinite universe.
As someone intimately familiar with this line of thinking:

No, everything is possible in an infinite universe. However this does not and will never translate to likely. The rules of probability still apply.

And the probability that Platinum will sink their franchise in this fashion because some mysterious yet somehow either not very vocal or not very prominent or not very large or all three group of people on the internet are clamoring for it while the overwhelming majority of people who would actually buy the game is not, at best, approaches the limit of zero.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else want to bring up that they have dedicated folders for a specific character and/or series?

I apologize :yoshi:
I have a folder for a lot of specific series but they are ancient and just exist because I can't get rid of anything. :drsad:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As someone intimately familiar with this line of thinking:

No, everything is possible in an infinite universe. However this does not and will never translate to likely. The rules of probability still apply.

And the probability that Platinum will sink their franchise in this fashion because some mysterious yet somehow either not very vocal or not very prominent or not very large or all three group of people on the internet are clamoring for it while the overwhelming majority of people who would actually buy the game is not, at best, approaches the limit of zero.
Or they could be trying to kill it intentionally.

Like, Naughty Dog wanted to kill Crash with CTR so that more games would not be made without them. So they made Nitros Oxide the villain because they thought the alien would ruin it for people.

If Platinum is moving towards independence, they might try something like that so SEGA and Nintendo don’t try to make more games without them.

Now I’m just being super paranoid.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyone else want to bring up that they have dedicated folders for a specific character and/or series?

I apologize :yoshi:
I have a whole ton of Corrin photos (Mostly for avatar use)

But I'm not an organized fella, so they're all in my general pictures folder (I should really get to fixing that)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guess I'll join the bandwagon
YouTuber: SomeCallMeJohnny/Super Gaming Brothers, NitroRad and hbomberguy
Game: CastleVania Order of Ecclesia, Metroid Prime and Sonic Heroes
Movie: Unbreakable, Pacific Rim, Alien and Robocop
TV show: Kamen Rider Build, Brooklyn 99, Kamen Rider Kuuga and Batman Beyond
Anime: My Hero Academia, JoJo Diamond is Unbreable/Vento Aureo, Dirty Pair and Cutie Honey
Manga: Berserk, Dr. Slump, My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness and Bride was a Boy
Sweet Treat: Salted caramel
Drink: Cooled water
Meal: Chicken Tandoori
Developer: Koji Igarashi, Hideaki Itsuno, Masahiro Sakurai
Pokémon: Greninja, Aggron and Sableye
Activity: Watching shows and movies, playing video games and hanging out with friends[/QUOTE]

D

Deleted member

I know it's, like, a normal song to everyone not into internet memes but hearing Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up on the supermarket is still a very surreal experience.

D

Deleted member

Finally something wholesome in this thread, thank lord.
11-12 minutes ago on this same thread:

Damn, that is pretty decent.
It’s not the best thing in the world, but I like to see different takes on a character through different art styles.

*cracks knuckles*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

o-o Yogur con....Tocino de Cielo? xD What the heck...? I have never heard of that one before.
Believe me when I say that it tastes great.

It is my favourite dessert by a mile, since it just feels great to eat.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of good songs...

Sorry to dampen the mood with an emotional song, but it can't go without being mentioned as a good song.
Let’s take this to the next level:

Here’s a great song that got scrapped and was saved thanks to the internet.

D

Deleted member

That's because it's a genuinely good song, heard it nearly every day for 2 years yet I still love hearing it
I mean, yeah, of course it's a good ass song, that's why I'm immune to it but I forget it is an actual song and not just an internet meme

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why? Both of the previous games were stellar despite going through difficulties during development period. We don't know anything about its content. There's no reason to be terrified.
Bayonetta might lose her *** my guy...Solid Snake style loss...the only real fear to have

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Or they could be trying to kill it intentionally.

Like, Naughty Dog wanted to kill Crash with CTR so that more games would not be made without them. So they made Nitros Oxide the villain because they thought the alien would ruin it for people.

If Platinum is moving towards independence, they might try something like that so SEGA and Nintendo don’t try to make more games without them.

Now I’m just being super paranoid.
You are, yes, but I understand your feelings. I can at least provide a bit of logic to muse over, might help steady you a bit.

It would be far simpler to assassinate her character somehow through her in-game actions or otherwise introduce a plot element to the series that can't be overlooked than changing a fundamental character choice.

Hell if they tried to do it with a gender swap, all Sega and Ninty would have to do to revive the series is change her back.

She already has the designs for it, everything's set, and they go about their business as though 3 were some kind of wacky side-episode. They know 1 and 2 went fine enough, so if they want to continue the series and 3 proves to have made an unpopular choice then reverting it in the next episode is a simple and effective solution. They'd have to convolute the story so hard to swap her gender in the first place that swapping her back would probably be child's play by comparison.

PncVY.jpg

Look, for the record, I think we're both pretty aware the fear here is an irrational one and I don't want to seem like I'm attacking you or invalidating the mere fact that you're worried. The fear is understandable because this is something you care about. I ain't gonna hate on that. I've been there myself too many times, over probably more trivial things.

But what I do wanna do is provide you counterpoints so you don't get caught up in a one-person echo chamber and worry yourself in an unhealthy manner.

This'll help you fight the fears. Aight? All it is. And godspeed with it, we're here for ya.

...Red, what is the Gardevoir doing in the first image?
Had to do a bit of digging to answer that, but:

1523091538387.jpg

Now if you ask me why she's particularly enamored with this bottle of whatever, I have no idea. But judging by the bar backdrop and the salivation I'm assuming it's at least modestly alcoholic and she finds it at least modestly tasty.

Huh...

Never expected Furret :yoshi:
Furret is low-key my second-favorite poke of all time, Eevee being first.

I'm a big ferret fan, and I'm also a fan of big ferrets.

it's a gardevoir folder

you can guess what that contains
tumblr_lnx79nOU3F1qktqch.jpg

And whatchu gonna guess, fam?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Believe me when I say that it tastes great.

It is my favourite dessert by a mile, since it just feels great to eat.
owo Awesome! Pero lo que me intriga mas es el Tocino de Cielo....is it literal, salty bacon? Or is something else?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of good songs...

Sorry to dampen the mood with an emotional song, but it can't go without being mentioned whenever the words "good" and "song" touch eachother.
I LOVE that song, buuuuuut if I'm being completely honest, P3's credits theme is probably my favorite in the series:

D

Deleted member

Ooh! I see we're doing this kind of favorite ****! You all are about to get to know me, probably.

YouTuber: Somecallmejohnny for his reviews. He covers a lot of ground, gives fair points usually, and is a fun guy. There's also Rabbidluigi, who makes weekly countdown videos. They're good background noise and he covers a ton of ground.
Game: Bomberman 64 and Fire Emblem as a series. One is a game I can just play like it's nothing and the other offers a fun way to think about strategy games (no reset runs). Kirby is typically reliable when I want a casual platformer with loads of options.
Movie: Uh................................................................ Skip!
TV show: King of the Hill, Spongebob pre-movie, and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.
Anime: Mob Psycho 100 is a must-see wholesome experience with some of the best animation I've ever seen. It's great! One Punch Man Season 1 is also pretty iconic for a good reason. Jojo is something I always come back to in some form or another. Not only is it creative, but it's ridiculous, intelligent, hilarious, and--to some people--sexy
Manga: I don't read manga
Sweet Treat: Don't have one.
Drink: Y'all I got something to advertise. There is nothing greater than opening a bottle of AQUAFINA WATER and drinking some pure as **** water.

Meal: My mom and her new husband took me out to this steak restaurant. The food was outrageously expensive, but what I had is god like. First, the butter they hand out for your bread is amazing. I've never tasted butter with such a delicious flavor. Then my meal was this juicy and rich steak with a side of lobster mac and cheese. It was the best meal I've ever had and I can't wait to visit my mom again just for that again.
Developer: Nintendo, I guess. They're the ones I keep up with the most out of habit.
Pokémon: Gen 4 was the holy day for Pokemon. Not only did the legendary Pokemon transcended concepts that should never be in the hands of a 10 year-old adventurer, but the final evolutions to previously established Pokemon like Magmortar and Electivire were sick. My favorite Pokemon conceptually is Togekiss. It took a previously uninteresting Pokemon and made it adorable and powerful. That's usually a combination I never see.

Activity: Playing a video game, drawing, and spending time with friends. I plan on getting back into YouTube once I have the equipment, because I really enjoyed doing it with my friend in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom