• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, you do have a point.

The Social thread is pretty unique in that it's a community within a community. It's basically a character-support thread without a character to support, that actually gets more than 10 posts a day.
Dude, I would take one post a day in the Jill thread. But unfortunately I'm not allowed to double post, so.

Shroob

Sup?
Social threads get cliquey. It's kind of how these things go. Someone who doesn't feel like a part of the 'clique', intentionally or not, can feel othered in a way that people comfortably in the 'clique' would not.

Plus I've seen multiple moments where a well-meaning individual gets roasted by someone else for a simple personality quirk. If that happens even once it can damage that person's perception of this place as welcoming. So I try to counter it with a concentrated dose of friendliness if I see it. Be a best bro, y'know?
It really boils down to after a group's spent a substantial amount of time together, they pretty much know everyone by name and it feels like a thriving community, it's why when someone like Faygo or Tots were banned/deleted, it left such an impact.

So when new people try to integrate it's

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sometimes I have a hard time not comparing myself to more popular users.

When Faygo got banned and Totbs deleted his account, I couldn't help but think "dang, I'd get nowhere near this level of attention if I disappeared".

This is a really active thread and we can't all be the "cool kids" so I try not to let it bother me, but I'm already kind of a lonely person so I do sort of get envious.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

When Faygo got banned and Totbs deleted his account, I couldn't help but think "dang, I'd get nowhere near this level of attention if I disappeared".

This is a really active thread and we can't all be the "cool kids" so I try not to let it bother me, but I'm already kind of a lonely person so I do sort of get envious.
Don't feel bad.

I disappeared for basically 3 years between Smash 4 and Ultimate and no one even realized I was gone. :denzel:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Zachmac, I know I've said this before in this same context, but I ****ing like you, man.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I don't think we directly talk much, but I really appreciate how you spend time to answer or share the smallest thing sometimes.

also zard

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I consider you a friend bro.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Right, I'mma duck out.

My bed. She calls.

You guys be good, ya hear?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Jill's had a thread for longer than your character's been public knowledge and your thread has 5x the pages.

**** you.
Meanwhile the mainline SMT thread:

smtv news.png

Dust to dust, ashes to ashes I suppose.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I used to have that designation in ancient times (i.e. last July) :yoshi:
Eh, I'd definitely put you in a close 2nd with Faygo.

The fact is though we now have Noipoi L O R E.

There's those who have gimmicks.

And then there's those who have L O R E

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Have you had a game since 2007?

Or more than two games total?

Thought so.
Hey man, I don't know much about NiGHTS, but have SEGA actually confirmed they're going to continue it?

I think there's a distinct difference between hoping for a miracle, and waiting on what was promised.

It's both "waiting" but it's a different type of waiting, you feel?
hopes and dreams for mainline representation in smash: exists
atlus, kicking down the door with persona:

View attachment 215285
"Can we at least get a Jack Frost hat?"

ATLUS:
what the **** is a sonic.gif

"What the **** is a Jack Frost?"

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138