• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It's funny because most of us put something semi-obscure in the ten questions hoping to either cue people to ask about it or find people who also like it but that never happens

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It's my duty as a Smasher, I guess.
Let's just pretend that wording was completely intended... OK?

Quick question, Dharkon theme or Galeem theme and am I the only one who thinks the latter is a lot more catchy?
Galeem's theme is nice, but I do prefer Dharkon's theme over it.
But their combined theme is by far the best.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
broke: posting a gif that's too big for the site to handle
woke: posting a video of the gif you find on Youtube in 2 seconds with a curse word in the title
bespoke: HAVING A MOD REPLACE THE VIDEO WITH A GIF THAT THE SITE CAN HANDLE AND SAVING IT TO YOUR COMPUTER SO YOU CAN USE IT LATER

:drifloon:
I'm here to serve.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's funny because most of us put something semi-obscure in the ten questions hoping to either cue people to ask about it or find people who also like it but that never happens
Well:

*sigh* All right then...

Current favorites:
Youtuber: RedLetterMedia
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Movie: The Terminator
Sweet treat: Yes
Drink: Yes
Meal: Yes

Developer: Nintendo
Pokémon: Sobble
Activity: Moving my arm to move the mouse

:yoshi:
I think no elaboration is needed for some of the answers I gave :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Stop calling me out. Also,

Meal: Meze
Good taste, I don't even drink and I still love meze.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Current favorites
Youtuber:
Resonant Arc
Game: Twilight Princess and Xenogears are both tied for my #1 hmm...
Movie: Spirited Away
Sweet treat: Chocolate Lave Cake
Drink: Crush Grape
Meal: Pork
Developer: Monolith Soft, Nintendo
Pokémon: Tododile back when I used to be a Pokemon fan
Activity: Art, Gym, Martial Arts, Manga

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Share with us your dream, sensei.
It's an RPG using real world mythology in a modern setting.

Main premise is that mythological creatures exist. All of them, from all sorts of mythologies. They've been hidden in plain sight, through a combination of magic and science, by an organization that has been doing so for years. However, there has been a massive leak and the existence has been revealed to the world. Even worse, it seems that the organization has been planning to weaponize creatures somehow to create a full scale uprising.

The main character is the rightful leader of the organization who was supposed to be murdered in a coup. He managed to escape and fake his death with the help of a doppelganger friend. He'll go around the world recruiting creatures from various mythologies to help his cause. Some of the party members include a golem, a vampire, a medusa, a werewolf, a yuki-onna and the previously mentioned doppelganger (among others). They'd fight to take back the organization, protect extraspecies in a modern and now very surprised world, and fight against a dangerous prophecy.

The tone would be mostly lighthearted but nowhere near Shonen stuff. It wouldn't shy away from dark topics but wouldn't dwell on them longer then needed to (ideas I have get pretty darn dark). Since it's mythology in a modern world, you'd have new cultures of creatures who exist and react to our world. Like for example, vampires have read our modern literature and while they love Dracula as a satire (unintentional or not), they hate the glamorization of their condition. They are able to feed through special blood banks and when outed to the world, people start calling them parasites, which they can't really deny. Certain creatures would be more readily accepted. "Harmless" ones (merfolk and centaurs for example) have it easy compared to the predatory ones (vampires and werewolves).

It'd be pretty neat and I think it'd turn a lot of the conventions of these creatures on their head. Like, there's a nekomata. But instead of some cutesy anime girl, she's a member of the yakuza who wears a tux and fights with brass knuckles and a revolver.

How much experience do you have with game development? And how many people have you got with your team?

I remember you mentioning some RPG with Cryptids or something. Either way, never give up on your dreams, which I know sounds cheesy, but it's true aim for the sky.
I have essentially none and no time or resources to make them happen.

I think I'm just too lazy to get something like this together. Sad as that is.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Stop calling me out. Also,

Good taste, I don't even drink and I still love meze.
Wait, what does Drinking have to do with Meze?

I don't like it because of the Raki, I like it because these people manages to put ****ing feta cheese inside a pork and wrap it in wine-leaves! That **** is the best

D

Deleted member

What is it with y'all and suddenly worrying about how people see you? Like, I haven't seen anything that implies anyone around here is outright hated or anything. Like, I understand low self-esteem and being self-conscious, don't get me wrong. But it comes across as worrying for nothing.

To answer your question, though, you're a pal of mine. I like havin' ya around.
Oh no it's just a question I've been wondering for months now I just figured now would be a nice time to ask since it's been five months and if I asked like two months ago I doubt anyone would've had much of an impression then.

Also thanks! I can say that I feel the same way about you I consider you a friend of mine.
I think you're a nice guy, you need to work a bit on your self-confidence as I believe you can do a lot of stuff that you overthink a bit sometimes.
I should work on my Self Confidence it's one of my flaws it's just that I've been talked down to basically everyone I've met in real life so I've been conditioned to think that I'm not all that special or cool, But Thanks! I try to be the best I can be and while sometimes that fails I always do the best I can.
View attachment 215267

You're fine my guy. You certainly haven't made a bad impression, and you haven't not made an impression, if that makes any sense. Also, you joined 5 months ago. No user is going to make that large of an impression in that short of a time. Don't stress too much about it.

Personally, I think you're a cool dude. You show a drive to improve yourself with your postings, and I like seeing you around.
I do, I try to be the best I can be and while sometimes that fails I always do the best I can. What I meant by "Impression" is just that people can recognize who I am and call me a friend of theirs cause quite frankly I consider most if not all of you at the very least acquaintances if not friends.

When I said that I consider everyone here a friend you could probably tell that I don't have a lot of friends outside of here which is true so that just makes me want to be friends with everyone even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Current favorites:
Youtuber: Vinny, Dunkey, Killian, AntDude, NitroRad
Game: Earthbound
Movie: I dunno A New Hope? Don't watch a lot of movies
Sweet treat: Granola Bar
Drink: Diet Pepsi/Water
Meal: Pizza
Developer: Sakurai
Pokémon: Garchomp, Eevee
Activity: Gacha Kusoges

Shroob

Sup?

Main premise is that mythological creatures exist. All of them, from all sorts of mythologies. They've been hidden in plain sight, through a combination of magic and science, by an organization that has been doing so for years. However, there has been a massive leak and the existence has been revealed to the world. Even worse, it seems that the organization has been planning to weaponize creatures somehow to create a full scale uprising.

The main character is the rightful leader of the organization who was supposed to be murdered in a coup. He managed to escape and fake his death with the help of a doppelganger friend. He'll go around the world recruiting creatures from various mythologies to help his cause. Some of the party members include a golem, a vampire, a medusa, a werewolf, a yuki-onna and the previously mentioned doppelganger (among others). They'd fight to take back the organization, protect extraspecies in a modern and now very surprised world, and fight against a dangerous prophecy.

The tone would be mostly lighthearted but nowhere near Shonen stuff. It wouldn't shy away from dark topics but wouldn't dwell on them longer then needed to (ideas I have get pretty darn dark). Since it's mythology in a modern world, you'd have new cultures of creatures who exist and react to our world. Like for example, vampires have read our modern literature and while they love Dracula as a satire (unintentional or not), they hate the glamorization of their condition. They are able to feed through special blood banks and when outed to the world, people start calling them parasites, which they can't really deny. Certain creatures would be more readily accepted. "Harmless" ones (merfolk and centaurs for example) have it easy compared to the predatory ones (vampires and werewolves).

It'd be pretty neat and I think it'd turn a lot of the conventions of these creatures on their head. Like, there's a nekomata. But instead of some cutesy anime girl, she's a member of the yakuza who wears a tux and fights with brass knuckles and a revolver.

.......Isn't that just literally the plot to the Fate Franchise?

:dr^_^:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I guess I can list off my favourite things before I go to bed...

I generally don't like picking favourites, but I'll give it my best shot.

Current Favourites:

Youtuber(s): NicoB; honorable mentions to CarlSagan42 and Grand Poo Bear.
Game: I don't really have a singular favourite, so... Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Fire Emblem and Fortune Street. *shrug*
Movie: One Piece Strong World
Sweet: McVitie's Chocolate Digestives (no, they don't actually help with Digestion ...they were named before truth in adverising laws)
Drink: Fanta Fruit Twist
Meal: It sounds sappy but my Father's Roast Dinners are the frickin' best.
Developer: Masahiro Sakurai | Nintendo
Pokémon: Lucario
Activity: Drawing (lewds)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Well the first step is to start a nest egg for the dream. Then if possible, find some people to do the art and music.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what does Drinking have to do with Meze?

I don't like it because of the Raki, I like it because these people manages to put ****ing feta cheese inside a pork and wrap it in wine-leaves! That **** is the best
Well, they are kinda meant to be served with alcoholic drinks. Though I guess, now you can order them in anywhere.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
.......Isn't that just literally the plot to the Fate Franchise?

:dr^_^:
I have no knowledge of Fate.

But from the little that I have, don't they use historical figures?

They would focus on the mythological creatures and cryptids of our world.

Well the first step is to start a nest egg for the dream. Then if possible, find some people to do the art and music.
I tried that. Nothing really worked out.

I can write I suppose but everything else costs money I don't have.

Shroob

Sup?

Yeah, fair enough.

Ironically Yu-Gi-Oh! introduced a Cryptid archetype... and it's highly degenerate in the competitive scene and probably will slaughtered on the ban list after its reprints happen.

So basically you kinda want a SMT-Lite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

How well can you draw? Some people have an easier time with pixel art, especially with a grid on.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Meal: It sounds sappy but my Father's Roast Dinners are the frickin' best.
**** now I might have to Change mine to "my fathers Surinam casserole".

Like, art with Chicken, Tsjau Min, Mango and Madame Janette peppers

Note: He is not from Suriname or anywhere near there, hes a Dutch White dude.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Who doesn't like jazz?
My mother, for one.
What is it with y'all and suddenly worrying about how people see you? Like, I haven't seen anything that implies anyone around here is outright hated or anything. Like, I understand low self-esteem and being self-conscious, don't get me wrong. But it comes across as worrying for nothing.

To answer your question, though, you're a pal of mine. I like havin' ya around.
Sometimes people need affirmation.
Quick question, Dharkon theme or Galeem theme and am I the only one who thinks the latter is a lot more catchy?
Basically you're asking which half of Lifelight you like.

You could just say "Galeem/Dharkon" and have the best of both worlds.
Sneaky lad
Sshhh.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Shroob

Sup?
Pffft.

No-

Is it that derivative?

I thought I had something that could be unique.

**** maybe I should just can it.

I can't draw at all.

Like at all.
Well:

Modern setting

Government cover up

Cryptids

Those are all pretty common to SMT due to the UMA race of demons having things like the Chupacabra in it, and "Muh government coverup" is usually how the game can rationalize the demons invading without all of society going to ****.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Well:

Modern setting

Government cover up

Cryptids

Those are all pretty common to SMT due to the UMA race of demons having things like the Chupacabra in it, and "Muh government coverup" is usually how the game can rationalize the demons invading without all of society going to ****.
The government don't do **** in mainline SMT to cover it up and society DOES go to ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom