• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait are you being serious or ****posting.
Being serious

It’s early morning and I’m kinda just stream of consciousness posting right now

Though to be fair I do have a very specific insecurity/ocd trigger eating at me that makes me think all mods and admins on this site hate me

I know logically it ain’t true but I’m having a real hard time recently because I love this place and so my brain is telling me it hates me

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Of course I'm trying to be something I'm not.

In reality, I'm the loser girl who sits in the corner of the room all by herself during any sort of social gathering and just waits for it to be over, because nobody would want to talk to me even if I tried.

Life's tough for your gal Hinata.
Ayyye it’s like my reflection just vented to me
For what it's worth, you ain't losers to me.

You're both alright in my book.

Oh sweet my new pikabot arrived
avi_presenting_axe.png

That said don't nobody own me but me.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Ayyyy future director boys
Oh that? I actually have a different goal in mind rather than being a director of some sort. I'm working my way for a scientific profession in the near future, hard as the challenges may be.

I was commenting moreso on Shiny meaning how great achievements will come if effort is put in. After all, nothing in life comes easy. It's what dedication, hard work and other important qualities that will help us in becoming the best we can be. Haha.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh, right, I forgot that was one of your complaints with Persona.
S'cool. I don't expect people to keep track of my personal tastes.

The "battle mode is separate from the rest of the world" JRPG style only gets more frustrating to me when it's the same song over and over. It's a personal problem, not an objective fault. But if they don't change the song regularly I'm probably not gonna finish the game.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I guess we're going into "Tinder Profile" Hour :yoshi:
Hi ladies,

I'm a 6 foot 6 Chemistry student. I'm actually pretty chubby but my abnormal height hides that. I have an enormous ego yet still no zelf esteem somehow.

You like jazz?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hi ladies,

I'm a 6 foot 6 Chemistry student. I'm actually pretty chubby but my abnormal height hides that. I have an enormous ego yet still no zelf esteem somehow.

You like jazz?
Oh we're doing that? Alright lemme try.

*clears throat*

Hi ladies.

I'm redfeatherraven.

You like jazz?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Being serious

Though to be fair I do have a very specific insecurity/ocd trigger eating at me that makes me think all mods and admins on this site hate me

I know logically it ain’t true but I’m having a real hard time recently because I love this place and so my brain is telling me it hates me
Well let me say publicly that no, I'm not mad at you for anything, nor have I ever been, I don't think, and I apologize if something I did or said made you think that.

And to be honest I'm not sure what you mean by "talked to me directly". Do I not now? Have I come off as speaking about you in other conversations?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly I don't ever think my dream game will come to be.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well let me say publicly that no, I'm not mad at you for anything, nor have I ever been, I don't think, and I apologize if something I did or said made you think that.

And to be honest I'm not sure what you mean by "talked to me directly". Do I not now? Have I come off as speaking about you in other conversations?
I uh

No I’m just in a weak mindset currently so I think everyone I wanna talk to is ignoring me recently

Mate I’m having a hard night lol

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Tindr time?

5'5", 133 pounds, slowly starting to bald with a bad leg and even worse left side of the mouth.

I'm a real looker.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I uh

No I’m just in a weak mindset currently so I think everyone I wanna talk to is ignoring me

Mate I’m having a hard night lol
'Kay. I read you.

I'm heading off to bed really soon but my PMs are always open. Or Discord, though I'm really bad at checking that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Tinder time fellas?

My tinder profile:

Doesn’t exist cause I’m happily taken ahahahaha losers

osby

Smash Obsessed
S'cool. I don't expect people to keep track of my personal tastes.

The "battle mode is separate from the rest of the world" JRPG style only gets more frustrating to me when it's the same song over and over. It's a personal problem, not an objective fault. But if they don't change the song regularly I'm probably not gonna finish the game.
I can see where you're coming from, even though I never had a problem with it (except with Persona, because the random encounter rate in tha game is stupidly high).

Persona Q2 might be better at it, since in the end it gives you four tracks that you can change whenever you want, but it doesn't have much point unless you played P3P, P4G and P5.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I ever make a Tinder profile it's gonna have the weirdest ****

Like, pictures of me being choked by a guy in a Tellytubby suit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually act more like myself on here then I normally do when I'm out in public.

My social anxiety and fear of judgement keeps me from expressing myself most of the time.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Being serious

The one that they are supposed to hate is me lol
There's no reason why they could get the beef with ya.
You aren't:
-Toxic
-Dumb
-Spammer
-Or personally talked **** to one

Try to remind that and repeat it in your head just when the insecurity kicks in, to try cutting the negative thought quickly.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
the way half of you guys blatantly try to be something you aren’t makes me curious about what your actual personalities are...

Though this is a moot point since you’re all robots anyway
Going off on yesterday's discussion, I am truly honestly passive in gatherings, will quip quite a bit around friends (puns are my IRL ****post antics), and I'm all over the place when it comes to general interests, but I don't find myself very interesting to begin with. The internet just happens to provide leeway for visual humor, which is something I can create rather than perform. That comes with the territory of being an introvert offline.

Also, there were talks earlier about story stuff. Yeah, we've been down that road before. I know I have story stuff, but man...That ****'s really hard to stay passionate about. So many draft re-writes that it isn't even funny... I kinda wish I can share it like I used to in the old days. In fact, that whole talk yesterday about "gimmicks" got me thinking: Back in SmashPower (the website, not the system introduced in Smash 4), I used it as a hub for my story's earliest drafts. It got to the point where (can't remember my post count on there) I was known specifically for drawing a lot (and really bad art no less), writing walls of text and profiles for those characters, writing stories, writing backgrounds and the whole shazzam. I also used to do so a lot on deviantart, which was how I made some really cool friends, some of which I'm still in contact with.

Doing those move-set things is kind of sort of a spiritual successor to the old days at SmashPower, but here's the thing: Back then, there was a thread where we'd actually post what we looked like, along with our names, and eventually things caught on. None of us hid our genders from each other, so drawing characters for the ones who were interested was completely doable, right? In here, not so. Aside from just not having time to add drawings to an idea like "What move-sets would you imagine yourselves having", this thread isn't exactly keen on that sort of thing, so I have less material to work with as a result.

At least with the photos back in SmashPower as well as genders being immediately available, it made conceptualizing their self-inserts possible. Hell, if any of them were forum-goers to this day and had accounts here, I guarantee you there would be a guy with a move-set based on Darunia, a guy with Luigi tied to his moveset, a girl with Midna as one of her inspirations (right before even using that idea for Faygoshill's move-set no less), and even a guy with Gex tied to his character.

Some came and went, but I still know a good number of these people, and you can bet that compared to back then, they were fleshed out way more and refitted into my story, at least until the draft changed over and over. Now it's become a multiversal setting with more than one story, so I suppose you could say if I ever had the passion and luxury to make such a thing work, I'd probably ask you guys to become part of it with your own OC stand-ins too. Damn, I was not expecting to write this much... I am so sorry =/

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I ever make a Tinder profile it's gonna have the weirdest ****

Like, pictures of me being choked by a guy in a Tellytubby suit.
Can you guys not ruin Tellytubbies for me too, I know I'm asking too much but thanks.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can see where you're coming from, even though I never had a problem with it (except with Persona, because the random encounter rate in tha game is stupidly high).

Persona Q2 might be better at it, since in the end it gives you four tracks that you can change whenever you want, but it doesn't have much point unless you played P3P, P4G and P5.
It's just a quirk of mine and I know it.

You know that feeling you get when playing through the original Pokemon Red/Blue and you're going through Mt. Moon and every Zubat that forcefully stops your progress increasingly makes you want to chuck your Gameboy across the room?

That's the feeling I get for almost every traditionally structured JRPG I have ever played with fights/encounters separate from the main world/progress. Pokemon was the exception because I was hooked on the trend as a kid. But for every sudden encounter where I see a screen splash and suddenly appear on a grid and have to go through menus for gameplay I get another step closer to giving up on the game. I feel as though I'm missing out on a long list of experiences you all enjoy but goddamn is that not fun for me.

Double K

Smash Lord

FE:Awakening - A game about children going back in time to challenge their fates and change the future.

FE:Fates - A game about a fated hero fulfilling her fate with "Fate" in the literal ****ing title.

That's always bothered me and I wanted to share because it seemed vaguely on-topic.
1) Fates isn't a sequel so free to explore its own themes
2) The core was thematically "making your own Fate"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can you guys not ruin Tellytubbies for me too, I know I'm asking too much but thanks.
Just rewatch any episode with the vaccum and you'll ruin it by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom