• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My life goal is making animated series and/or movies

It's too late for me
I’ve been interested in writing recently as well. Like I said, I’m focusing on drawing, but I do play around with plot ideas in my head, and I do wanna sit down and write and draw out an OC

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ShinyLegendary You need to chill/not overthink everything, IMO. Both in and out of the context of our games.

You aren't bad for trying things, but most of us think you try a little too much and wind up doing more bad than good (or in the context of Smash you SD/get killed super early).

That said, I've been having a blast tonight. Thanks for hosting/sticking around as long as you did. You got that one last cheeky kill on me with Chrom, I'll remember that for next time. :evil:

PsySmasher PsySmasher Great games to you as well. I love how quickly the momentum shifts in Ridley dittos (everything is volatile, and our styles of going head to head led to some ridiculous plays. That down B to F-Smash you got left me speechless for a while). Always a treat to be in a lobby with you.

Didn't say much earlier but GGs to QuiqueST QuiqueST and the one who briefly joined us (assuming that was Alternis Alternis after they had asked earlier). Got to spectate a ton even when I wasn't playing, so it didn't feel that bad even when the rotations took longer once we had more people. I'll look for arena posts here a bit more often, playing the game with peeps here is fun and good practice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I could be a movie director these again would be films I'd do.

-A Different Flesh movie adaption.
-Cryptid Cinematic Universe.
-Gamera remake/reboot.
-Historical killer creature flick on the Partridge Creek Monster.
-Killer creature flick on saber-toothed cat whether original or an adaption to Jeff Rovin's Fatalis.
-Sci-Fi/Drama with a man vs. self/man vs. society theme set in the near future where scientists are successful in bringing back a neanderthal through a woman giving birth (Who volunteered for it) and integrated into society.

D

Deleted member

@ShinyLegendary You need to chill/not overthink everything, IMO. Both in and out of the context of our games.

You aren't bad for trying things, but most of us think you try a little too much and wind up doing more bad than good (or in the context of Smash you SD/get killed super early).

That said, I've been having a blast tonight. Thanks for hosting/sticking around as long as you did. You got that one last cheeky kill on me with Chrom, I'll remember that for next time. :evil:
In my defense, I was clumsy at this time. I do not usually SD a lot.
I really like playing arena with all of you, so of course I would keep that arena going.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm a sophisticated chap

Classy

I’ve been interested in writing recently as well. Like I said, I’m focusing on drawing, but I do play around with plot ideas in my head, and I do wanna sit down and write and draw out an OC
It's rad due.

I spend most of my time in my head, making stories before writing them down. I actually think i've come up with several ideas that could really be shows once I get my chance.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just read classics, it's not like trashy novels erase the good ones.
That reminds me of a conversation I had with that roommate.

She apparently followed this blog or something that shared books written by men that focused on women's bodies to a comical degree. It was called "She walked breastfully down the stairs" or something. She read me some of the excerpts and they were comically bad. Like, a woman wakes up in the morning and the first sentence is describing her thoughts on her chest.

But when I said that I'd never once read anything like that in a published work, she responded ignorantly with, "Well, do you even read books?" I stared at her for a moment, looked at the ****ing wall of books within view of the table, and said, "Yeah, I kinda went to school for that specifically." I tried to have a conversation about how publishing standards and people's patience for reading have declined and modern works have a litany of problems that classic literature lacks, but she was convinced I just didn't notice it when I read because I was a man and the conversation just kind of ended.

Also of note, I saw everything she moved into my house and the closest thing to a book I saw her bring in was a stack of Cosmo magazines.

D

Deleted member

I'm a writer (it's a hobby more than anything but i still write original stories a lot).

Writing sucks.

Never do it.
>Come up with an idea for a new/pre-existing story
>Try and implement it/get it started
>Start to think sucks and get rid of it
>Repeat ad infinitum
At least that's my experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>Come up with an idea for a new/pre-existing story
>Try and implement it/get it started
>Start to think sucks and get rid of it
>Repeat ad infinitum
At least that's my experience
Very, very accurate.

I have a list of ideas I want to write that's like 4 pages long.

I haven't started ANY of them.

D

Deleted member

You know what?
I have to be more optimistic!
Noipoi Noipoi
If you try hard enough, you will become a director of an animated series, or a movie!

D

Deleted member

Good night.
I will try to tone it down on the arrogance and the "smart" stuff.
I will try to use more contractions.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wreck it Ralph 1 had a theme about humility. You don't need to be recognized by the masses or have a glamorous life to be happy. You can be happy here where you are with the people that love you.

2 just destroyed that moral...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
the way half of you guys blatantly try to be something you aren’t makes me curious about what your actual personalities are...

Though this is a moot point since you’re all robots anyway

Shroob

Sup?
the way half of you guys blatantly try to be something you aren’t makes me curious about what your actual personalities are...

Well I'm not funny, that's a given.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Perhaps.jpeg

osby

Smash Obsessed

My personality is awkwardly enthusiastic and smart***, if a bit too emotional when I'm with people I know. When I'm not, most people seem to think I'm overtly formal and cold.

So, people do in fact call me robot IRL. Not a big fan.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I don’t take many things seriously, and that’s gotten me in trouble many times.

Basically I just don’t see the point in worrying about much. I won’t say I’m super chill, it’s more like I just don’t care. I’d rather laugh then stress.

I really try and make people laugh, and I really try and make a lot of friends. But my social anxiety kinda messes with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom