• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can't comment on Ralph Breaks the Internet, I was a bit disappointed with the movie dealing with online stuff rather than videogames so I skipped it.
Not my favorite Disney film but I see why it’s so loved. I do have my issues with it, such as the script needing a bit more tuning:
I understand the point they are trying to make, sadly its pretty much on your face. I would have preferred if Hans was just a bad boyfriend and that's it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, listen, you and I don't see eye to eye on many things, but I do 100% agree that Vanellope just getting to **** off into another game at the end of Ralph Breaks the Internet is dumb and awful.

The entire first movie hammered home the point that "going Turbo" is bad, and leaving your game creates problems for the people you leave behind, no matter how insignificant you think your role in said game is. Not only that, but Ralph had spent the ENTIRE movie trying to get a part to fix Vanellope's game. And then at the end, she's just like "hey I'm gonna go hang out here from now on see ya later", and they even give some bull**** hand-wave excuse of "oh they added my code to the game so i'll respawn if i die, woo-hoo".

Like, what was the point of the first movie, then? Vanellope wanted to race and be accepted by the other Sugar Rush characters, and then she GETS THAT, and throws it all away for some pretty new game? What makes her different from Turbo, other than the audience is somehow meant to sympathize with her?
This so much

The movie was fun, I suppose. But it really felt like it **** on the rules of the first one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't comment on Ralph Breaks the Internet, I was a bit disappointed with the movie dealing with online stuff rather than videogames so I skipped it.
A wise decision. One I also did. It saved me the trouble and when I heard about what they did to Ralph's and Vanellope's characters, Ralph's actions and the ending I was so glad I avoided it to begin with. It makes the first movie all pointless and meaningless ignoring its message.

Basically Disney's version of The Emoji Movie. A movie so bad I had to stop watching in less then five minutes because I was in physical pain and rendered braindead. A ******* movie did that to me! I did not think such a thing was even possible!

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So there are rumblings of an "Infinity Saga" Box-Set. For those that don't know The Infinity Saga is the first 3 Phases of the MCU. So from Iron Man all the way to Spider-Man: Far From Home. And yes, oddly enough, Far From Home is going to be the last Phase 3 movie just as Ant-Man was the last Phase 2 movie.

I don't think people realize how monumental a box set like this will be. I really don't. Let me just recount something. All the movies present in the box set by year, and their owners.

1. Iron Man (Paramount)(2008)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (Universal)(2008)
  3. Iron Man 2 (Paramount)(2010)
  4. Thor (Paramount/Disney)(2011)
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger (Paramount/Disney)(2011)
  6. The Avengers (Disney)(2012)
  7. Iron Man 3 (Paramount)(2013)
  8. Thor: The Dark World (Disney)(2013)
  9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Disney)(2014)
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy (Disney)(2014)
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (Disney)(2015)
  12. Ant-Man (Disney)(2015)
  13. Captain America: Civil War (Disney)(2016)
  14. Doctor Strange (Disney)(2016)
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Disney)(2017)
  16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (Sony)(2017)
  17. Thor: Ragnarok (Disney)(2017)
  18. Black Panther (Disney)(2018)
  19. Avengers: Infinity War (Disney)(2018)
  20. Ant-Man and The Wasp (Disney)(2018)
  21. Captain Marvel (Disney)(2019)
  22. Avengers: Endgame (Disney)(2019)
  23. Spider-Man: Far From Home (Sony)(2019)
SO! That's 23 movies. 4 movie studios. 11 YEARS. There's only two BIG movie studios that aren't included in this insane collection. Warner Bros., who obviously owns DC and no Marvel characters, and 20th Century Fox, who just got bought by Disney and owns X-Men and Fantastic 4. That's insane. This is literally the film industry's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. A single set where nearly EVERY big name studio in the industry is present.

(There's suggestions that Far From Home isn't necessarily a part of The Infinity Saga but I feel like it would be strange to leave it out since it is, absolutely, the last movie of Phase 3. Though it is possible it is left out of the box set)

I gotta start saving for this big *** mother ****** if it comes true.

Edit: Just noticed 2009 was the only year in the past decade + that didn't have an MCU movie...
If the Dragon Ball Z 30th Anniversary is going to be priced at $350, I can't imagine how much this is going to be, especially if said box set has Blu-Rays in it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know it’d never happen but I’d love to a scenario in a Wreck-it-Ralph 3 where he’s online and it’s that part of the story where he’s down on his luck for some reason, he ends up coming across :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: meeting at a table talking with each other and they notice Ralph and call him over to talk with him. He spills his heart out to them and they give him advice and help lift his spirits. Essentially they could be to Ralph what the princesses were to Vanellope.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*Raises hand*

I still read books. Currently reading Harry Turtledove's A Different Flesh. Also gonna be reading the Hellboy comics eventually as well.
The Hellboy comics are something REAL special.

Obviously.

As a fan of the comics one of the biggest problems I have with the films, despite loving the first two (Haven't seen the new one), is the fact that Mike Mignola HATES drawing real life cities. Something he's openly stated. So, he doesn't. Ever. None of the Hellbky comics take place in Urban areas. They often take place in Gothic or Rural areas. Despite that... all three movies have FOCUSED on that. What the hell?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Its a nice breath of fresh air for once that people agrees with me on a movie for once. :grin:
What you need to remember, dude, is that when your opinions are negative they're more likely to get defensive replies.

I don't think it's that people disproportionately disagree with you; it's that you attract counter responses because so many of the opinions you express about movies are negative.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES THE ENDING OF RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET WORSE?

Ralph DOES try to stop her, but for all the wrong reasons. He's like "aw man don't leave i'll be lonely and sad if you do" instead of, you know, the obvious argument of "HEY, YOU'RE GOING TURBO, WE SPENT AN ENTIRE MOVIE EXPLAINING HOW THAT'S BAD. DO YOU REMEMBER TURBO? THE GUY WHO TRIED TO KILL YOU? YEAH, YOU'RE DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE DID."

WHY DID YOU BOTHER HAMMERING IN THAT MESSAGE IF YOU WERE JUST GONNA DITCH IT IN THE VERY NEXT MOVIE?!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Hellboy comics are something REAL special.

Obviously.

As a fan of the comics one of the biggest problems I have with the films, despite loving the first two (Haven't seen the new one), is the fact that Mike Mignola HATES drawing real life cities. Something he's openly stated. So, he doesn't. Ever. None of the Hellbky comics take place in Urban areas. They often take place in Gothic or Rural areas. Despite that... all three movies have FOCUSED on that. What the hell?
I recently just got into Hellboy. Watched the del Toro films and animated films in anticipation for the new one which...As I figured IMO was a timewaster at best and just gotten the first four volumes. I'm in for an adventure once I begin reading them. :grin:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ralph DOES try to stop her, but for all the wrong reasons. He's like "aw man don't leave i'll be lonely and sad if you do" instead of, you know, the obvious argument of "HEY, YOU'RE GOING TURBO, WE SPENT AN ENTIRE MOVIE EXPLAINING HOW THAT'S BAD. DO YOU REMEMBER TURBO? THE GUY WHO TRIED TO KILL YOU? YEAH, YOU'RE DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE DID."

WHY DID YOU BOTHER HAMMERING IN THAT MESSAGE IF YOU WERE JUST GONNA DITCH IT IN THE VERY NEXT MOVIE?!
The next supervillain is small girl lead
The next marvel saga begins

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know it’d never happen but I’d love to a scenario in a Wreck-it-Ralph 3 where he’s online and it’s that part of the story where he’s down on his luck for some reason, he ends up coming across :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: meeting at a table talking with each other and they notice Ralph and call him over to talk with him. He spills his heart out to them and they give him advice and help lift his spirits. Essentially they could be to Ralph what the princesses were to Vanellope.
You just really wanna see those four in the same space

You can't hide your intentions from me

The message they were trying to send was a good one, I think.

But they kinda **** the bed

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If the Dragon Ball Z 30th Anniversary is going to be priced at $350, I can't imagine how much this is going to be, especially if said box set has Blu-Rays in it.
Well, if you bought each of these movies on blu-ray individually, assuming a mean of $15 to account for older movies and newer movies having different price points, they'd cost $345.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
wHY THE **** IS LET IT GO IN KINDGOM HEARTS 3????

literally Sora, Donald, and Goofy just stand there and watch as Elsa belts out the song and it's awkward as ****.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have failed. Why go on throughout the cold and heartbreaking weather of your constant destination?
Shiny, please. You're giving me a headache. Please, for once, try dropping the "i am very smart" schtick and just be a normal person.

D

Deleted member

Reading books doesn't make you an intellectual.

Neither,

Being an intellectual doesn't guarantee you read books.

In other words,

No correlation.
Do you all actually think I think that?
I am just saying, read books. It is not like reading books is going to turn you into Tony Stark.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
wHY THE **** IS LET IT GO IN KINDGOM HEARTS 3????

literally Sora, Donald, and Goofy just stand there and watch as Elsa belts out the song and it's awkward as ****.
Yeeeeah
That was one of the many things that made me disappointed in the game tbh

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I love about A Different Flesh is the idea of European colonists interacting with Ice Age megafauna. Always loved that idea and when I heard of it I just HAD to get the book.

Pretty much what's gotten me into alternate history at this point. I absolutely would love for a movie or TV adaption to it or at the very least based on its source material.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shiny, please. You're giving me a headache. Please, for once, try dropping the "i am very smart" schtick and just be a normal person.
something something smartass comment talking about 180% of your posts recently being mega concerned about what the teenie weenies are saying something something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom