• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's hilarious

Six years later an they're still treating Frozen like gold lol
IMO an okay but very overrated film. Lion King at least deserves its praise it gets in spite of how overrated it is which funnily enough in spite of that is the only movie I have such a feeling for that I love at the same time.

Probably has to do with how it was the first movie I saw in theaters as a kid and so nothing can replace that nostalgic feeling.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Princess and the Frog got robbed of it's rightful place.

All because the movie going audience is racist against 2D films.
A shame, it was really really great.

And I know Frozen was a bit of a phenomenon so of course they'd go all in. But show Princess and the Frog some love sometime, K Disney?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So there are rumblings of an "Infinity Saga" Box-Set. For those that don't know The Infinity Saga is the first 3 Phases of the MCU. So from Iron Man all the way to Spiderman: Far From Home. And yes, oddly enough, Far From Home is going to be the last Phase 3 movie just as Ant-man was the last Phase 2 movie.

I don't think people realize how monumental a box set like this will be. I really don't. Let me just recount something. All the movies present in the box set by year, and their owners.

1. Iron Man (Paramount)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (Universal)
  3. Iron Man 2 (Paramount)
  4. Thor (Paramount/Disney)
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger (Paramount/Disney)
  6. The Avengers (Disney)
  7. Iron Man 3 (Paramount)
  8. Thor: The Dark World (Disney)
  9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Disney)
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy (Disney)
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (Disney)
  12. Ant-Man (Disney)
  13. Captain America: Civil War (Disney)
  14. Doctor Strange (Disney)
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Disney)
  16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (Sony)
  17. Thor: Ragnarok (Disney)
  18. Black Panther (Disney)
  19. Avengers: Infinity War (Disney)
  20. Ant-Man and The Wasp (Disney)
  21. Captain Marvel (Disney)
  22. Avengers: Endgame (Disney)
  23. Spider-Man: Far From Home (Sony)
SO! That's 23 movies. 4 movie studios. 11 YEARS. There's only two BIG movie studios that aren't included in this insane collection Warner Bros., who obviously owns DC and no Marvel characters, and 20th Century Fox, who just got bought by Disney. That's insane. This is literally the film industries Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. A single set where nearly EVERY big name studio in the industry is present.

(There's suggestions that Far From Home isn't necessarily a part of The Infinity Saga but I feel like it would be strange to leave it out since it is, absolutely, the last movie of Phase 3. Though it is possible it is left out of the box set)

I gotta start saving for this big *** mother ****** if it comes true.
The Incredible Hulk is an interesting one to think about.

Technically it's a direct sequel to Hulk, which wasn't a part of the MCU as the concept started with Iron Man. But it also has almost nothing at all to do with the MCU proper since none of its events or actors continued onward outside of General Ross (who, to my knowledge, never references the events of the Hulk movies either).

The fact that its publication rights belong to Universal make me think that Disney might actually keep it out of the set altogether.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Frozen is 6 years old
tumblr_p9o4rrZ3dB1v8lyn7o6_r1_250.png

This ****ing decade went flying

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A shame, it was really really great.

And I know Frozen was a bit of a phenomenon so of course they'd go all in. But show Princess and the Frog some love sometime, K Disney?
They did by featuring Tiara in Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Glad I didn't see that because basically they reversed Ralph's character turning him into this clingy crybaby who couldn't go even five minutes without Vanellope to the point of releasing a virus that almost killed her and that's not also getting started how they basically had her Go Turbo in the end.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Black Cauldron Highkey got robbed the most out of any Disney film. Like they got the budget and runtime cut a fair bit. It ruined the script.

And now you only get memes of it left in the new Mickey shorts.

D

Deleted member

How do you remember when it was released if you’re like 5
ToasterBRAINS...
TOASTER-
Thank you for being a good toaster. I need that toast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Posting for the sake of posting.

Responding to ice puns by just shouting JACK FROST for no reason. :drshrug:
LilySrsly.png

At this point, I'm just gonna let him do what he wants. I've scolded him too many times to care anymore.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hmm, I'm trying to think of a black haired man in his 40s that can pull of that authoritative yet easygoing scientist look. He should absolutely not look evil like he was in TAS (seriously, **** that movie!!!). Do you know of anyone? My current Hollywood actor knowledge is somewhat limited :yoshi:
Maybe Karl Urban or Eric Bana? (redemption for 2003 Hulk maybe)

In that movie that dog (I forget it's name) gets into positions that statistically would've gotten it killed and it never does. I wanted it to be in a situation that actually gets it killed as that would've been a dramatic pay-off.

Plus, the main characters were annoying, so guilt by association I guess :yoshi:
Not good enough.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Pyra would toast bread by just putting it between her boobs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Glad I didn't see that because basically they reversed Ralph's character turning him into this clingy crybaby who couldn't go even five minutes without Vanellope to the point of releasing a virus that almost killed her and that's not also getting started how they basically had her Go Turbo in the end.
Any ideas on how they could fit those problems if they did a third installment?

D

Deleted member

Dunno if its hot take, but aside from Hans being one of the worst handled villains, Frozen is decent. (Tangled was far better though and is one of the best recent films from Disney)
The Black Cauldron Highkey got robbed the most out of any Disney film. Like they got the budget and runtime cut a fair bit. It ruined the script.

And now you only get memes of it left in the new Mickey shorts.
The new Mickey Mouse shorts are quite good IMO. The Black Cualdron got produced in the wrong era, its one of the few Disney films that need a remake if only because the first film has a lot of problems including the annoying sidekick.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You know, I don't agree with you on some things.

But I definitely agree with you on this.
Don't continue the series. It's that easy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe deal with how Vanellope will realize Sugar Rush needs her.

Like seriously though. She fought to get her place back in the last film all these years and suddenly six years later she gets bored and decides to abandon it alongside leaving her friends and best friend Ralph.

***** kind of message is that Disney!?

And while the first film teaches you should never Go Turbo, the second film acts like its okay to do so.

RIP LOGIC!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know, I don't agree with you on some things.

But I definitely agree with you on this.

Don't continue the series. It's that easy.
If this was the best Disney was able to come up with in five years they never should had come up with a sequel. I'll treat the first film as a standalone.

What would had made the sequel at least decent at best were if Vanellope realized whether she loved it or hated it that Sugar Rush needed her and simply put she could had just visited Slaughter Race from time to time again. Is it really that hard Disney?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The Incredible Hulk is an interesting one to think about.

Technically it's a direct sequel to Hulk, which wasn't a part of the MCU as the concept started with Iron Man. But it also has almost nothing at all to do with the MCU proper since none of its events or actors continued onward outside of General Ross (who, to my knowledge, never references the events of the Hulk movies either).

The fact that its publication rights belong to Universal make me think that Disney might actually keep it out of the set altogether.
Well, it's not a direct sequel to Hulk. The opening sequence of The Incredible Hulk makes it clear that the origins of the Hulk was completely different in this one than in 2003 Hulk. 2003 Hulk had an accident that blasted him with Radiation The Incredible Hulk had him willingly test his experiment on himself. That's an often misconception though since, well The Incredible Hulk isn't the most popular film.

You may be right about them leaving it out of the collection though sadly. They've noticeably left it out of the marketing for Endgame including the "Thank you for being a part of our Universe" poster.
Then again, footage from the movie is used in Iron Man 2, it is still canonical to the MCU storyline, and Marvel Studios included it in their Phase 1 box set despite the discrepancies.

Only way I could see it NOT being included is if Universal isn't game, which considering they went out of their way to release the film on 4K ahead of all other Marvel Studios' films AND happily flaunt the Marvel Studios logo on the box art tells me that they'll be game to have the movie in the set.
I'm going to be honest with you, I think Universal would love to be a part of this Universe, I really do. Problem is they own a VAST majority of Marvel's attraction rights including Hulk, X-Men, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Fantastic 4 which is why I assume they can't work out a deal with Disney. Disney wants those park rights for Disney World, yo. And Universal sure as HELL ain't giving them up for a single movie.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dunno if its hot take, but aside from Hans being one of the worst handled villains, Frozen is decent. (Tangled was far better though and is one of the best recent films from Disney)
Not my favorite Disney film but I see why it’s so loved. I do have my issues with it, such as the script needing a bit more tuning:

Kristoff: “Wait, you were about to get married to a guy you met that day?!”
Anna: “What are you? Some kind of love expert or something?”
Kristoff: “No...but I have friends who are.”

A few scenes later, said love experts attempt to marry Anna to ANOTHER guy she just met. There’s probably a bit more context I’m missing but just how did that get overlooked in the script?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Alright, listen, you and I don't see eye to eye on many things, but I do 100% agree that Vanellope just getting to **** off into another game at the end of Ralph Breaks the Internet is dumb and awful.

The entire first movie hammered home the point that "going Turbo" is bad, and leaving your game creates problems for the people you leave behind, no matter how insignificant you think your role in said game is. Not only that, but Ralph had spent the ENTIRE movie trying to get a part to fix Vanellope's game. And then at the end, she's just like "hey I'm gonna go hang out here from now on see ya later", and they even give some bull**** hand-wave excuse of "oh they added my code to the game so i'll respawn if i die, woo-hoo".

Like, what was the point of the first movie, then? Vanellope wanted to race and be accepted by the other Sugar Rush characters, and then she GETS THAT, and throws it all away for some pretty new game? What makes her different from Turbo, other than the audience is somehow meant to sympathize with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom