• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Shishœ says:

Instead of trting to guess, use "they/them" pronouns if you don't know someone's gender.
We think exactly the same, and we are both clever beings who speak the truth.
I admire you for that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Jim Carrey as Dr. Doom.
Cute. Though for a serious answer I could see either Jason Isaacs or Mark Strong.

If the Lizard were to come into the MCU, I want his goals and personality to come over from the comics or at the very least the 90s animated show.

Also,

Let him keep some of his clothes, not that buck naked **** from TAS :yoshi:
Do you have any actors in mind that you’d want to play Lizard?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Shishœ says:

Instead of trting to guess, use "they/them" pronouns if you don't know someone's gender.
I mean no disrespect at all and I realize that I'm saying this as a cisgendered male, but saying "they" to refer to a single person isn't my natural way of speaking.

It's different when someone identifies as nonbinary and asks me to use they/them. Then by all means, I do my absolute ****ing best to abide by that person's wishes. I have multiple nonbinary friends and over the last couple years I've gotten much better about accidental gender slips.

But I believe that a simple, "Oh, I prefer they," "Oh, absolutely I'll respect that," should be a civil conversation any person can have.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Moydow Moydow since you seem to be doing miracles...

Can you pay off my student loans?

Shroob

Sup?
I mean no disrespect at all and I realize that I'm saying this as a cisgendered male, but saying "they" to refer to a single person isn't my natural way of speaking.

It's different when someone identifies as nonbinary and asks me to use they/them. Then by all means, I do my absolute ****ing best to abide by that person's wishes. I have multiple nonbinary friends and over the last couple years I've gotten much better about accidental gender slips.

But I believe that a simple, "Oh, I prefer they," "Oh, absolutely I'll respect that," should be a civil conversation any person can have.
Same, really.

They/them sounds incredibly unpersonal and awkward to use in a natural setting, to the point that a lot of sentences don't flow right otherwise.

Basically, it's why I tend to just ignore pronouns entirely in this situation.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Do you have any actors in mind that you’d want to play Lizard?
Hmm, I'm trying to think of a black haired man in his 40s that can pull of that authoritative yet easygoing scientist look. He should absolutely not look evil like he was in TAS (seriously, **** that movie!!!). Do you know of anyone? My current Hollywood actor knowledge is somewhat limited :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

They is no different from you though in the sense that both can be used in singular and plural. I thank you for respecting it even if you don't understand/believe that but just letting you know it is indeed gramatically correct.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Which would you guys consider worst?

Spider-Man 3 or The Amazing Spider-Man films?
Hard to say.

Andrew Garfield honestly ACTED HIS ASS OFF in some scenes. While Spider-Man 3 had genuinely cool fight scenes and did have a couple of strong story beats, basically half of Sandman's screen time.

TASM2 was just as over bloated as SM3, but with less cool **** happening. And SM3 had the dumb Emo stuff happen, but the whole point is that Spider-Man is acting off. Though Spectacular and 90's SMTAS handled it better.

Because nothing tops "DON'T YOU GET IT!? I....AM....INVINCIBLE!" and "YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME!!! I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EEEEEEAAAARTH!!"

Double K

Smash Lord
"Where is your manager?"

"They're in the back?"

"Can you call them for me?"

Singular they, used in a daily siutation

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Trailer just released for Crawl, a killer creature feature flick on alligators.

But it has a dog...Please let the doggo live...That's all I ask...:(

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Moydow looking at all these requests.
delet.png

Edit: Forgot this is a christian server and censored the bad word

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They is no different from you though in the sense that both can be used in singular and plural. I thank you for respecting it even if you don't understand/believe that but just letting you know it is indeed gramatically correct.
It is, but unfortunately its using a style of English most people don't use in speech anymore.

Like, Shakespeare uses they/them in those contexts, but if the average person heard it used that way, it'd probably be seen as incorrect cause its been taught they/them is plural only for a few centuries.

osby

Smash Obsessed
When the Bigot Decimation about to happen and you gotta kill Noipoi
Decimation means the killing of one in every ten of a group of people as a punishment for the whole group. You can get rid of a lot of bigots and still let Noipoi live, going by the dictionary definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom